PDA

View Full Version : Still Alive

HurricaneRJ
04-20-08, 11:16 AM
Wasup Devil Dogs and Poolees. I'm on the home strecth at SOI-ITB, I'm going to be an 0311 and I'm on this new POI (Period of Instructions) and I'm doing completly new things never done at ITB. I'm pretty damn amazed at how much different it is at MCRDPI and SOI-E.

PT is a lot harder, never in my life I would never think I would run 6 miles with boots and Utes carry my rifle. I'm feeling great, I've had some rough moments there but in the end I'm doing great. I've been told that I'm going to a unit that heading to Afghanistan but that is subject change. 2/6 or 2/9. Won't know for sure until next week. Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm still kicking.

And for those who want to be Infantry. As of right now, Boot Camp is way easier than SOI. the Combat Instructors can do more things to you that would get your D.I. time in the brig.;)

I'll check in next week, hit me up a PM if you have questions.

Semper Fi' Marines.

P.S. No one in Jacksonville cares if your a Marine.

Smitty Puffs
04-20-08, 11:33 AM
Good to hear from yuh Hurricane. Was wondering where you went. Congrats on earning the title.

davblay
04-20-08, 12:19 PM
Great to hear from you Raymon, I was getting worried about you......well a little.....well not really! I knew you were busy, but good to hear from you. Take care my brother and stay in touch. :marine:

Semper Fi

Dave

JoeInVille
04-20-08, 02:28 PM
Congrats on earning the title and thanks for the info on how physically demanding SOI is.

Adam1988
04-20-08, 04:03 PM
Geiger Tiger!

bgsuwoody
04-20-08, 05:52 PM
Hahahaha Geiger Tiger is right. First...2/9 isn't going to Afghanistan so you are **** out of luck there. Definitely going to Iraq, but don't worry you'll be going soon like 4-5 months from now. ITB was boring for me and we didn't do any real PT, wait till you hit the fleet if you think a 6 mile boots and utes is bad. Try the 13 mile gate run, or the 6 mile flak runs. **** try any of the PT lol. I'm glad you are doing well though, but I wouldn't be surprised if a number of you come to 1/8 they are picking up right now.

Marine84
04-20-08, 07:24 PM
DAYAM Hurricane! Love the pic Baby Brother!

That's why I'm glad females don't do infantry - lot of the training is waaaaaaaaaaaaay to physical for me. Ya'll get to do it and we get to look at what it does to ya'll! Milk ain't got $h!t on what the Corps does for a body!