PDA

View Full Version : My Defintion of a Marine.Whats your's???.

hermogenesm
04-18-08, 07:26 PM
:usmc: By:Sgthermogenesm.
Naval oriented expeditionary warriors of final resort providing maximum versatiliy in chaotic and uncertain conditions of crisis and conflict.
Marines are trained in core competencies of gunnery on infantry weapons,Combat operations,and battlefield awareness;
Employing a variety of weapons,and through communications links,
Supporting arms including,Naval gunfire,and close air support;
Sea-Base,projecting onto vital littorals in any climate or place.
They are capable of the full spectrum of combat,Day or night,Against opposing forces with a full spectrum of capabilities,Including NBC;using maneuver to locate,close with and destroy the enemy by fire and maneuver,either on foot or mounted on trucks,Assault vehicles,Assault craft,or vertical assault aircraft.

Marines are able to secure and defend self and vital terrain by repelling the enemy's assault by fire,Maneuver,and close hand combat;Cultivated in a leadership continuum that develops the basic warrior through experience and coaching into a fully qualified noncommissioned officer and staff noncommissioned, A combat leader of Marines who trains and directs the actions of Marines in teams, sections,squads,and platoons,while coordinating with higher and adjacent units and supporting units. ie; 0311-Rifleman,0313-LAV Crewman,0321-Reconnaiissance,0331-Machine Guner,0341-Mortarman,0351-Antitank
Assaultman,0352-Antitank Assault Guided Missileman,0369-Infantry unit Leader.

:usmc: Sgthermogenesm
Blinded Marine Veteran.
Thank You For Your Service And Sacrifice To Our Country:iwo:

SlingerDun
04-18-08, 07:51 PM
Thats pretty good and i was about to say this description negates alot of Marines in support MOS's until i reread
Marines are trained in core competencies of gunnery on infantry weapons,Combat operations,and battlefield awareness;And such.

Imagine, the silly fine hairs who claim this country no longer needs Marines as if the Corps is an archaic relic from the past. What a cave in and monumental blunder that would be. Like setting up chessmen for all the world to see that your missing a 1/4 of your pieces! The opponent would drool at the gaping holes and weakness across the board.

--->Dave

d c taveapont
05-01-08, 10:07 PM
some one who was inspired to do the impossible...