PDA

View Full Version : Infantry Reserves

lagrand
04-18-08, 07:05 PM
I had a few questions about going 0311 Reserves. What is the closest infantry reserves unit to Raleigh, NC? If it so happens that I were to go this route, would the government pay for my travel to and from?

I have debated active vs. reserves and feel as though reserves may be a better option because I want to ultimately get commissioned. Also, what is the deployment frequency for infantry reserve units? I appreciate all of your help. God bless.

kbs95125
04-18-08, 07:33 PM
I had a few questions about going 0311 Reserves. What is the closest infantry reserves unit to Raleigh, NC? If it so happens that I were to go this route, would the government pay for my travel to and from?

I have debated active vs. reserves and feel as though reserves may be a better option because I want to ultimately get commissioned. Also, what is the deployment frequency for infantry reserve units? I appreciate all of your help. God bless.

1. Ask a recruiter to find nearby infantry units. You would have to live within 150 miles to be eligible for that unit. Sometimes you can get waivered in past that point but not by much.

2. Nope

3. Deploying. Nobody can really tell you much more then that given OPSEC, but plenty of units have done multiple tours.

dk151993
04-18-08, 07:41 PM
Try looking on here. Hope ot helps. http://www.marforres.usmc.mil/Units/

immaproshooter
04-19-08, 12:35 PM
i have a buddy i went through SOI with whose out near there and hes reserves...so there is a unit near by.....you jsut gotta talk to your recruiter kid...

Echo_Four_Bravo
04-19-08, 01:13 PM
You can probably work it out so that you can go to any unit you really want to go to. But, you will be paying to get yourself there and back- and being further away doesn't give you any breaks. If you're supposed to be there at 1800 on Friday, then you'll be there at 1800 on Friday- even if you're 500 miles away.

I don't see any units close to you that would have 0311 spots. In fact, it doesn't seem like there are any really good options. There are LAR units in Eastover, SC (215 miles/3.5 hours) and Quantico, VA (240 miles/4 hours). Johnson City, TN has Lima 3/24 (250 miles/5 hours).

lagrand
04-19-08, 03:17 PM
I appreciate the feedback from all of you.