PDA

View Full Version : ****ed off "Marine Friend"

Alex Miller90
04-18-08, 06:16 PM
I was going to say POOLee but i'm not DEPed in yet. (only 17 more pounds to go!)

But on to my statement. I am very Irate right now.
Let me first start off by saying that the POOLee's in my city PT maybe one time a week. Me on the other hand, PT 3 times a week, with the newest PFC out on RA (Recruiter's Assistance) I do this, while being the only overweight POOLee in the group on top of running every day and all of that good stuff.

Well I just got back from our weekly PT session, and I'm the only one who showed up..at all.. I find it very de-motivating by PT'ing by myself and the recruiter. How do I reach out to the POOLee's in my area and get them to get off their lazy ***** and PT..

Input Helpful.
Thanks in Advance!

WATCH YOUR LANGUAGE

Clark41
04-18-08, 06:19 PM
That is terrible that your the only one showing up. All I can suggest, is try getting their numbers and calling them and tellin them that everyone would benefit more if everyone showed up, and see if you can get people to come that way.

Good luck man, hope everything works out and good luck on the last 17.

yellowwing
04-18-08, 06:37 PM
Even if you PT with non poolees, maybe you can eventually get them to see your Recruiter. 2 referrals gets you PFC these days?

Echo_Four_Bravo
04-18-08, 06:58 PM
Really, it amazes me how much interaction you all have with your recruiters. We had one pool function each month. We were expected to call and report in each Monday. Other than that, we didn't spend much time with recruiters once we DEPed in. If I could PT on my own, you can too. Just get it done- drop the 17 pounds and get ready for boot camp. Let the other people worry about themselves.

Seoke
04-18-08, 07:00 PM
Don't let it bother ya, it just shows you you're more motivated to be a Marine then they are.

SlingerDun
04-18-08, 07:08 PM
Yeah my recruiter had a huge gut http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images/icons/icon13.gif and arranged for exactly 1 poolee softball game http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images/icons/icon11.gif...365 days DEP.

hump_drop
04-18-08, 08:12 PM
Take advantage of the individual attention, get some friends to join and get promoted in the process.

Good on you for sticking with the PT, don't stop just because other poolees aren't there though.

sparkie
04-18-08, 08:27 PM
I signed up 120 delay, 'cause i was still in H-school. That was the ONLY time I saw my recruter.

cfranco89
04-18-08, 08:54 PM
Instead of the looking at it as de-motivating, look at it as motivating. Your the one that wants that title, and your a step ahead of the rest because your willing to go that extra mile to get it. Good-luck on your goal and I know you will make it. Keep on going and NEVER GIVE UP. The others that hold the title of Marine didn't.:iwo:

KevinR90
04-18-08, 08:59 PM
yeah, my dad mentioned how when he signed up for the navy they were just like &quot;See you in _____&quot; however many months later is was when he shipped to boot camp. <br />
<br />
The way it is for me is I pt 3 times...

davblay
04-18-08, 10:44 PM
I was going to say POOLee but i'm not DEPed in yet. (only 17 more pounds to go!)

But on to my statement. I am very Irate right now.
Let me first start off by saying that the POOLee's in my city PT maybe one time a week. Me on the other hand, PT 3 times a week, with the newest PFC out on RA (Recruiter's Assistance) I do this, while being the only overweight POOLee in the group on top of running every day and all of that good stuff.

Well I just got back from our weekly PT session, and I'm the only one who showed up..at all.. I find it very de-motivating by PT'ing by myself and the recruiter. How do I reach out to the POOLee's in my area and get them to get off their lazy asses and PT..

Input Helpful.
Thanks in Advance!

Unfortunately there are those that only think of themself. You, evidently, are not one of them. The fact that you "were the only one that showed up" speaks volumes about you my friend. You know your mission (the 17 lbs) and you know how to accomplish that mission. Contrary to some suggestions and replies you got here, never "let the others take care of themself"! It's our job, As Marines to take care of each other!

De-motivating....I wouldn't think so, quiet the opposite actually, you show determination and unserstanding of your objective. I applaud you "Marine Friend", and look I forward to calling you POOLEE! :marine:

Hang in there My Friend,

Dave

maverickmarine
04-19-08, 06:36 AM
Really, it amazes me how much interaction you all have with your recruiters. We had one pool function each month. We were expected to call and report in each Monday. Other than that, we didn't spend much time with recruiters once we DEPed in. If I could PT on my own, you can too. Just get it done- drop the 17 pounds and get ready for boot camp. Let the other people worry about themselves.

Yeah, I'm with ya on that one. I never saw my recruiter again until it was time to go once I DEPed.

hump_drop
04-19-08, 11:50 AM
I wasn't in DEP, I talked to him, told him what I wanted, went to MEPS, took ASVAB, didn't let the Gunny at MEPS change me to something non-infantry, but went for Security Force option, swore in, shipped out all within a week of the initial call I made to the recruiter.