PDA

View Full Version : Keep getting my ship date pushed back

The Dude22
04-18-08, 11:02 AM
Anyone else experiencing this? I was supposed to leave Monday but my recruiter calls me today and says they are pushing me back to May 12. This is the 2nd time they've done this and it's getting pretty frustrating. Just the other day my recruiter was telling me to threaten to not join(but not really be serious, just as a scare tactic) if they didn't let me leave the 21. Now HE is the one telling me I can't go until May. I really was hoping to leave the 21st because it's the only time that it'll work out that my 10 day leave is the same time my sister's wedding is. Any of you Marines out there know any way to get around this crap and force my way in to leave Monday still?

thewookie
04-18-08, 12:31 PM
It happens, you are in the first stage of hurry up and wait. Last time I checked there were over ten stages.

It gives you more time to prepare your mind and body.

It also allows you more time to get laid (think salt peter,) and kiss the sweet ground that you currently know, before you get your life torn apart.

Relax and stay focused.

Donut Brigade
04-18-08, 12:35 PM
Keep PTing and studying, you can never be too prepared for boot. I know how the wait feels, I've got three months until I ship and I've been in the DEP for two, and it felt like the longest two months in my life.

Don't lose your motivation Dude22!

yellowwing
04-18-08, 06:52 PM
To quote one Mr Ben Palmer "If the CAUSE is WORTHY, the COST is IRRELEVANT." :D

Seoke
04-18-08, 06:58 PM
Mine got pushed back twice now too, now I'm supposed to ship the first week of May >_<

JACK26
04-18-08, 07:12 PM
I was supposed to leave on the 21st and have also been pushed back to May.No Bueno.

Seoke
04-18-08, 07:55 PM
Well that makes 3 of us lol weird

The Dude22
04-18-08, 08:05 PM
I'm not losing motivation. I'm just sick of my recruiter telling me different things. My friends are going to start thinking I'm making this whole leaving for boot camp crap up haha :)

And it ****es me off that there is supposedly a big poolee function here in Houston tomorrow which I JUST NOW heard 2nd hand from someone else, since my recruiter neglects to ever mention these things to me. I just really wanted to leave Monday so I could be in my sister's wedding that week I would've gotten back for leave.

Oh well..I guess there's worse things in life.

Seoke
04-18-08, 10:51 PM
Sorry to hear that man =/

My recruiters pretty awesome though, he contacts me every day lol

ChuckR30
04-18-08, 11:07 PM
damn...sucks to hear...three people not leavin the same time as me anymore.just stay motivated and it gives you a little more time to study up on the things you need to know like general orders,ranks,etc.

davblay
04-18-08, 11:08 PM
Slow down Poolee.....sigh.......it could be worse! I left on Mothers day, I as in Boot fot the 4th of July, I was in Jungle training during Thanksgiving, In Viet Nam Christmas and New years day. I missed the county Fair, in September, and halloween as well. Hell I spent my 18t Birthday in ITR with a 50 cal firing live rounds over our heads.

Am I to assume that you sister won't understand if you cant make it to the wedding? Sounds like a pretty petty thing, considering what you are gonna be giving up, with a tour in the Corps, Little friend!

By now you know that the Corps does what it does for the good of the Corps....so SUCK IT UP and be a man. learn what "living in a seabag" means and be a man! This will not change how you feel for your sister, she will understnd why you aren't there, believe me. After all they can't kill you and eat you....that's against the LAW in this country, right?

Good luck and be patient, good things come to those that wait! You'll see!

Dave

Newski45
04-19-08, 11:25 AM
As for the poolee function thing, as I remember aren't you supposed to be checking in once a week? If your recruiter is from Houston, I'm sure he has over a hundred poolees, and doesn't have time to call each and everyone of them, where we live poolee functions are the second saturday of every month, that's how we know when it is and we call him to know what we'll be doing.

JACK26
04-19-08, 01:41 PM
It is hard to hear when your ship date is pushed back, but like some of you i have been just staying motivated and trying to keep a positive outlook. I also cannot relate to you on the recruiter thing because my recruiters calls me everyday. But good news for me is they told me down at meps that alot of females get pregnant before they leave so im hoping that will open up a slot for me soon. Good luck to you gentleman as well.

When i told my father that my date had been pushed back, he did think i was lying about even joining, so i cant wait to leave also so people wont think im lying about joining as well.

VIKDEM1ZE
04-19-08, 01:49 PM
My ship date is signed for June 2, but my recruiters keep telling me they'll have no problem pushing me up to May 27. Hopefully I don't get pushed back past June 2.

Good luck on everything, sorry to hear.

immaproshooter
04-19-08, 02:02 PM
well **** have you tried to "threaten" not to join and all since they keep pushin ya back?...why they keep pushin u back? whats your desired MOS?....