PDA

View Full Version : Recruiters Making Mission

Sunshine1331
04-17-08, 06:32 PM
Just curious to when it counts towards a recruiter's mission when you enlist. Is it the day you DEP in or the day you ship off to Boot Camp?

-Sunshine

Echo_Four_Bravo
04-17-08, 06:47 PM
I am not positive, but I'm pretty sure they have different mission numbers. They have to sign people up and ship them off.

Seoke
04-17-08, 09:32 PM
From what my recruiter told me it's when they sign their contract, and the number varys with each place as its harder to get recruits to join in certain parts

immaproshooter
04-17-08, 09:44 PM
heres my suggestion dont worry about that aspect...if u have doubts if ur recruiter is lying to u or not get on here we have recruiers not in ur area that will be happy to talk to you and be truthful about the details they have no need to lie to you about any of it so youc an trust Marines here

davblay
04-17-08, 10:55 PM
Just curious to when it counts towards a recruiter's mission when you enlist. Is it the day you DEP in or the day you ship off to Boot Camp?

-Sunshine

Why would anyone want to know that? When I was a recruiter, in the 80s, we got credit when they shipped! All we got for a DEP was a promise of a maybe they will go! Reguardless of what may have been told, recruiters do not get money for each enlistment! It is thier job, that's all!

MotivatorOfTheGuard
04-18-08, 12:02 AM
Also something else to consider, your ship date varies depending upon your MOS. It's all about school seats, much like it is in the fleet trying to send someone to a course or class. If you want to be an MP, and the MP schoolhouse only has 3 seats left for a certain class in a fiscal year, then you will have to ship by a certain time to be a basically trained Marine fit to attend the course and fill that seat. Making mission for recruiters is dependent upon signed and approved contracts. Ship dates is more so a variable.

egbutler1
04-18-08, 12:15 AM
As soon as you sign them papers the Marine Corps places you exactly where they want you to go from boot to SOI to the Fleet its all figured out for you but your never told till the day before.

outlaw3179
04-18-08, 07:24 AM
Im sure they have a mission of people to enlist but they also have a number of people that they need to ship. All these factors weigh into a recruiters mission.

Sunshine1331
04-18-08, 01:28 PM
I do not have any reason to think my Recruiter is lying to me. This was simple curiosity. I like to know how things work. That's all. Thank you.

-Sunshine