PDA

View Full Version : USMC indication on civilian job uniforms

sdk87to91
04-17-08, 05:55 PM
Say like me you wanted to indicate your USMC service on the uniform of your new life. Are there any official, traditional, or unofficial methods people have succeeded in pulling off without disrespecting the new uniform.

I wear the field going uniform for the Forest Service (Department of Agriculture) almost everyday in the spring, summer, and fall. I have a FS/USDA patch on the left shoulder, name tag pinned on one pocket, and FS/USDA shield pinned on the other pocket. I wear a mini classic Kabar, which isn't really so mini, if I am horseback or on ATV, but I would like something more telling to indicate my service.
I have a choice of covers and usually wear the felt stetson cowboy hat, and have thought of making a USMC hatband or something similiar. Maybe I'll get a EGA hat pin... I guess I could always put a patch on my radio chest pack, then it would be there if I am in uniform, civies, fire clothes, or

I think there should be an official thing, I think I would get more respect form the folks I contact in the field.
Any thoughts?

hrscowboy
04-17-08, 06:15 PM
Now thats one hellofapair of jump boots..

Sgt Leprechaun
04-18-08, 12:06 PM
What about a gold EGA dress blue device, pinned to your collar?

You might try, also, checking out SgtGrit, he's got TONS of pins and whatnot and you'll for sure see something you like that will go with your uniform.

thewookie
04-18-08, 12:53 PM
I definitely agree in thinking that you'll get more respect, however it does go both ways. Meaning that someone might be offended or some shiat like that. I wear a EGA tie tack 5 days a week while I'm in a suit, and I think it's helped me far more then it hurts. I meet Marines from that tie tack at least once a week and you never know where those conversations can go! I do know a local Attorney who was asked by a local Judge (this Attorney is a Marine Major JAG Officer, in his active days) to tack his EGA tie tack off, and not to wear it in the court in the future because it might otherwise influence a jury or anyone else in the courtroom.

Sounds reasonable for the situation?

But it doesn't look like you'll be in too many courtrooms performing your job, and you said you wear a K-Bar, so any naysayers can kiss that K-Bar if they don't like it!

Semper Fi

bucksgted
04-18-08, 01:21 PM
I took a set of my collar devices and made cuff links. That dark brown/black EGA sure looked good against white french cuffs. They sure got lots of conversations going. I just silver soldered them to an old set of links that I didn't want. I also wear my gold tie bar, but I admit that I shortened it to go with narrow ties. LMAO

I wear a set of collar devices and my metal cheverons on my motorcyle vest. The USMC flag on my back and the "old dead Marine" on my fairing is another conversation starter.

kbs95125
04-18-08, 02:16 PM
Alot of police officers where I am from have a lapel pin of the two best flags in the world crossing. very tasteful but moto if you ask me

maverickmarine
04-18-08, 02:30 PM
Alot of police officers where I am from have a lapel pin of the two best flags in the world crossing. very tasteful but moto if you ask me

Yeah, I have worn that pin on my uniform ever since I got out and have never had anyone have a problem with it.

testforecho2112
04-18-08, 03:30 PM
My father bought me a gold EGA with a pin back when I was discharged. I wore it as a deputy above my name tag on the R breast. I wear it now on my 'dress up days'. <br />
<br />
Similar to this one: <br />

Eric Hood
04-18-08, 05:29 PM
I often wear Marine Corps cuff links, belt and tie. But everyone sees the tie tack.
Semper Fi,
Eric:usmc:

SlingerDun
04-18-08, 05:50 PM
I've seen Forest Rangers and Packers wearing the Filson Mackinaw Cruiser that used to be issued... looks alot like The Corps Alpha without the belt.http://fil.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pFILSON1-2231134p275w.jpg (http://javascript<b></b>:showEnhanced('0','2092310','1');)
Perhaps a pair of custom made high topped WWII gators would augment those "40 miles a day on beans and hay" Cavalry boots:marine:

sdk87to91
04-21-08, 01:26 PM
Yes I do have the filson cruiser coat and I like it alot.
I dont wear the rubber boots everyday though that picture was takenafter a rainstorm soaked the grass.

Thanks for the ideas.

Kelly

iamcloudlander
08-06-08, 01:33 AM
I took a set of my collar devices and made cuff links. That dark brown/black EGA sure looked good against white french cuffs. They sure got lots of conversations going. I just silver soldered them to an old set of links that I didn't want. I also wear my gold tie bar, but I admit that I shortened it to go with narrow ties. LMAO

I wear a set of collar devices and my metal cheverons on my motorcyle vest. The USMC flag on my back and the "old dead Marine" on my fairing is another conversation starter.

Just asking but in boot camp in 1965 I was issued a tie bar that went with narrow ties,a few years later we were issued tie bars to go with the wide ties. Why did you have to shorten yours?

CplKJSpevak
08-06-08, 03:09 AM
I've seen guys in the Leathernecks Motorcycle club, wear anything from red/gold Chevrons, to shooting badges on their leather vests....
I advertise pretty good myself, not so much for respect...But to meet other Brother Marines! Nasty civilians could care less anyway.....

doctap1246
09-14-10, 06:06 PM
I ordered a USMC red lanyard from Sgt. Grit and made it into a hat band.
Many of my Marine golf buddies are asking me to make one for them.
Still taking care of my Marines.
Doc Phillips