PDA

View Full Version : IST/PFT help

Firefox
04-17-08, 04:44 PM
Okay here is my issue. A gunny came to my RSS the other day and did an inspection meaning making sure the recruiters are helping us prepare for boot camp. Well here is my problem I'm currently not passing the IST however my goal is to be able to have a first class PFT before I get to boot camp. So I guess what I'm asking is does anyone have any good simple programs that will help me reach my goal before 20080721.

Artemis
04-17-08, 04:48 PM
Run forest Run, seriously all that is going to help you run is running, same with the crunches. As for the pull ups I don't know I didn't have to do them. You can do pyramids though do as many pullups as you can jump down and do the same amount of push ups and decrease the number by 1 every set and see what that does for you.

egbutler1
04-17-08, 04:53 PM
Run till you puke than run more till you puke and than keep going for another 3 miles. Running is the only thing that will help out your run. Eat right and drink lots of water. To help you out on pull ups yeah pyramids are great i went from 15 pull ups to 27 in 6 weeks. You just have to work on it and it will get better, there are no short cuts to getting fit. Wow your leaving for boot camp the same month and day i did but 6 years later. Enjoy OCT 18th if you make it ill never forget that day.

SlingerDun
04-17-08, 05:08 PM
So I guess what I'm asking is does anyone have any good simple programs that will help me reach my goal....Simple enough????? http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/512D34YVYYL._SL500_AA280_.jpg (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/6301729897/ref=dp_image_0?ie=UTF8&n=404272&s=video)

immaproshooter
04-17-08, 05:16 PM
i agree with all of the above...jsut work your ass off....don't set a goal for a 1st class pft....thats easier to achieve then you would believe...but try shooting for better then the max score of 300...what i mean by that is ya 20 pull ups is max that they cant strive to be able to do more....18 minute 3 mile is the max to get the 100 points for that...run faster........actually i think it might be 1850 but none the less its around that time.....and 100 crunches is the max you need in 2 minutes....now...thats jsut an easy one right there...make it 200 at least...now don't spend all your time focusing on one particular thing you have enough time in a day to spread it out on all three things....when you do pull ups...throw a pack on with some weights in it itll help so when you go to do pull ups for real you wont have the pack on it usually tends to help get the extra two or three you may need without the extra weight on ur back.....like they said stay well hydrated its v ery important.... running...all i can do is repeat what has been said...run run run and run some damn more...and when you think you are physically incapable of continuing to run...guess what...keep pushing yourself..the more you push yourself the better off you are adn the further ahead you'll get as well

Firefox
04-17-08, 07:42 PM
Good advice from everyone much appreciated. I just don't want to be one of those kids that arrives at the Depot all out of shape and stuff so that is why I set the goal I did again thank you.

sparkie
04-17-08, 08:15 PM
Go kill yourself,,,,,, [Or as close as you can get]. Every day, Every way. If you get Med probs, attend to it,,,otherwise, Go kill yourself. And good luck to you. You can do it.

Smitty Puffs
04-17-08, 08:29 PM
Did you really just say you cant pass the IST but yet you want a first class PFT score BEFORE going to Boot using a SIMPLE program? Hows this for simple, DO WORK! Get your ass off the computer and run. I read the thread about running yesterday and one of the Marines responses kicked my mind into gear and I went out the second I was done reading it and trail ran until I was to the point of exhaustion. Everytime I think im not ready, I run. Today, I worked myself to the point of complete muscle failure at the gym. Then I went to the beach and ran two miles from jetti to jetti. All because I thought i wasnt working hard enough in my pre-boot downtime. Ive aced my IST's sense I enlisted and I dont think ive ever been in bad shape, but I still kick myself in the ass every now and again just because that shread of doubt still remains. My words of advice to you, like so many have already said, is to work your effing ass off. Dont take breaks, dont take days off, dont walk when your tired, just DO WORK. Goals are made from hopes and aspirations, their accomplished through blood, sweat, and tears.

immaproshooter
04-17-08, 09:17 PM
heres how you succeed at running....run with a a partner or a few buddies...but make sure you are the slowest of them all....it helps if you are the slowest and then just take the person most directly in front of you and pass them then work on the next person and so forth until you are up front then jstu don't let any of them mother f#$kers pass ur a$$

Donut Brigade
04-17-08, 09:23 PM
heres how you succeed at running....run with a a partner or a few buddies...but make sure you are the slowest of them all....it helps if you are the slowest and then just take the person most directly in front of you and pass them then work on the next person and so forth until you are up front then jstu don't let any of them mother f#$kers pass ur a$$

QFT. It's much easier to PT with a friend.