PDA

View Full Version : Ex-Marine Murtha At It Again

thedrifter
04-17-08, 07:28 AM
Ex-Marine Murtha At It Again
Posted By Laughing_Wolf

Yep, there are indeed a few ex-Marines around, and John Murtha is one of the few I have seen formally repudiated in writing by his former brothers. Today, Soldier's Mom let me know that the venal (Abscam, pork) and possibly senile Blue Falcon opened his mouth on age. That is, he spewed forth that John McCain was too old to be the President; and, that he was younger and things were too much for him. He even took a shot at Ronald Reagan.

Well, I suspect that John McCain has kept himself in better shape than the porkmeister, and even has a brain and sense of honor that still work quite well unlike porky. I may not agree with McCain on a number of points, but that is a different matter. McCain may indeed be the elder, but the one that is old is Murtha. Is there anyone with honor and integrity that he won't throw under a bus for his own gain? Heck, anyone at all he won't screw over to benefit himself?

LW

Clinton Surrogate Jack Murtha Says McCain is Too Old

April 16, 2008 11:53 AM

ABC News' Eloise Harper Reports: Sen. Hillary Clinton, D-N.Y., was introduced by Rep. Jack Murtha, D-Pa., at the Trades National Legislative Conference in Washington DC, who attempted to make the case for Clinton. Murtha said he thinks that Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., is too old – saying "its no old mans job." Murtha, only four years younger than McCain, said that its too much stress for a man of that age.

Clinton was extremely well received at this union meeting with a few thousand members present. Clinton received multiple standing ovations after listing her plans for pro-labor agendas she plans to enforce as president. "I know some people think I’m tough," Clinton said, "Well I think we need a tough president."

Clinton made her case saying, “On the one hand, we know who the republican nominee is going to be: a good man who has served his country with great dedication and honor, but who is dead wrong on all of the important issues facing America.” Clinton then had some kind things to say about her democratic rival - abstaining from criticism - saying, “I’m running against an incredibly important candidate with an enormous amount of talent and ability who has demonstrated a tremendous capacity for inspiring people across our country and I respect and honor that.” Clinton then turned to the audience saying that this was a hiring decision, as she has said before.

Clinton got some laughs when she said, "This is essentially the longest job interview we have conducted for the American people." Clinton continued, "Its gone on a long time but its given millions of people a chance to make their judgments. It’s the closest election that we have had that people can remember. Millions of Americans have registered to vote many have changed their registration, which is a piece of good news, from the other party to the Democratic Party. We have ten more contests and I am going to compete as hard as I can in each and every one of them, starting in Pennsylvania."

The McCain campaign pointed to the Senator's grueling campaign schedule as evidence of his physical stamina. "I think people will evaluate John McCain through the type of campaign he is running, whether it is through appearances on shows like Letterman and Leno, whether its through the fifteen hour days on the campaign trail. He’s a person who’s in great physical shape, who has outworked every other campaign on the Republican side, and you know, has a much tougher and demanding schedule than Senator Obama," said McCain's senior advisor Steve Schmidt.

Ellie