PDA

View Full Version : Great Jane Fonda Story..

thedrifter
04-25-03, 08:41 AM
I don't know if this is true but true or not it was sure a great way to begin my day.................

Great Jane Fonda Story..

Celebrity Perks to Warm Your Heart Star
100.7 (radio station) was doing one of their "is anyone listening who"
bits this morning.

The first one was, "Ever have a celebrity pull the 'Do you know who I
am' routine?"

A lady called in and said that when she was visiting her cattle rancher
Uncle in Billings, MT a few years ago, they went to dinner at a restaurant
that does not take reservations. The wait was about 45 minutes. Lots of
other rancher types and their spouses were already waiting.

In comes Ted Turner and Jane Fonda. They want a table. The hostess says
they'll have to wait about 45 minutes.

Jane Fonda asks the hostess if she knows who she is.

"Yes, but you'll still have to wait 45 minutes."

Then Jane says, "Is the manager in?"

The manager comes out, "May I help you?"

"Do you know who I am?" ask both Jane and Ted.

"Yes, but these folks have all been waiting already and I can't put you
in ahead of them."

Then Ted asks to speak to the owner. The owner comes out. Jane again
asks, "Do you know who I am?"

The owner says, "Yes, I do. Do you know who I am? I am the owner of this
restaurant and a Vietnam Veteran. Not only will you not get a table ahead
of all of my friends and neighbors here, but you also will not be eating in
my restaurant tonight or any other night. Good bye."

Only in America, what a great country!

Sempers,

Roger

"Support Our Soldiers"

United We Stand
God Bless America
Were it not for the brave,
there would be no Land of the Free!

Remember our POW/MIA's
I'll never forget!

greensideout
04-25-03, 10:26 AM
You're right Roger.

Makes ya smile to read it!:D

greensideout
04-25-03, 10:28 AM
Another:

airframesguru
04-25-03, 10:38 AM
Jane Fonda, during a 1988 20/20 television interview with Barbara Walters, apologized for her "thoughtless and careless" judgment in going to North Vietnam, and being used as a propaganda vehicle by North Vietnam. Jane Fonda's apology follows in two parts. First, the media released version, Secondly, an actual transcript version:

Media Released version:
"I would like to say something, not just to Vietnam veterans in New England, but to men who were in Vietnam, who I hurt, or whose pain I caused to deepen because of things that I said or did," Fonda said.
"I was trying to help end the killing and the war, but there were times when I was thoughtless and careless about it and I'm . . . very sorry that I hurt them. And I want to apologize to them and their families."

My dad said it best, "you made you bed... now sleep in it."

No accountability here!

stangfam6
04-25-03, 11:16 AM
Great story, it reminds me of the of the question I've asked myself ever since I was old enough to understand Honor, Citizenship and Responiblity- What ever happened to the crime of Aiding and Comforting the Enemy? I'm old enough to remember my brother being carried off the plane in LA and having the Long Hairs spitting on him and the wounded when they returned back from The Nam. It just goes to show what alot of money and a thick pair of knee pads can accomplish in politics.

George
Semper Fi

Red Dragon
04-25-03, 11:44 AM
Still believe that Hanoi Jane should be tried for treason. She did more to hurt the Viet Nam Veterans than most people realize. If it had been any average person, they would have been tried. So where is the justice? Still refuse to watch any of her movies.

Red Dragon aka HL

Barrio_rat
04-25-03, 12:11 PM
I looked that story up on www.snopes.com and it it didn't say if it was true or false, they can't seem to find it anywhere. They used examples of her past to show that it is a possible or reasonable story but also brought up the question of "why now?" Why would this story - obviously old with some accounts dating back to 1991 - come out now? The probable answer is the patriotism going on at this time in our country. A celebrity who advocates against the military and its actions being put down by a Veteran warms the hearts of many.

I also heard a similar story (I was unable to find anything on it in snopes but heard it from a friend who is a period re-enactor). When Ted Turner was filming the movie “Gettysburg” he came out to visit with many of the extras (mainly re-enactors) who made up the various units. He was accompanied by Hanoi Jane (the Commie B.tch) Fonda. He met with many and was shaking their hands and she was following him. He went up to one unit and shook hands with their “commander.” When Jane stepped up the man crossed his arms, as did the rest of his unit. He then stated to Ted Turner that he and the rest of his unit were all Vietnam Veterans and, while they would shake his hand, they would not shake hers. Apparently Ted just said, “okay” and walked off, leaving Jane to stand there looking like a fool. Again, don’t know how true it is, but is sure sounds good!

marinemom
04-25-03, 12:12 PM
Having lost one Marine during Nam, and married a second who did 3 tours, and now the parent of a Marine, there is only one "great Jane Fonda story" I would like to see written - the traitorous *****'s obituary.

firstsgtmike
04-25-03, 12:41 PM
It has always amazed me that apologists for their treasonous behavior during the Vietnam Era always make the excuse as to how young and naive they were at the time.

They never take into account that people younger than they were at the time were performing as patrol leaders, Platoon Sgt. etc. responsible for the lives of the people under them. Their failure meant death.

The difference between the "young and naive" and the equally young and responsible was MCRD.

USMC0311
04-25-03, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by marinemom
there is only one "great Jane Fonda story" I would like to see written - the traitorous *****'s obituary.

:D :thumbup:

jinelson
04-25-03, 02:24 PM
This commie lover and traitor will eventually pay for her actions, her apologies don't cut it. I hope you rot in hell Hanoi Jane!

Semper Fi

corsair
04-30-03, 03:28 AM
If it happened in Billings, then it happened more than once. The Jane Fonda
"Do you know who I am" story that I know about happened in Bozeman, at
a steak house near the airport. I'll post more on this later.

thedrifter
04-30-03, 07:04 AM
Bidding a Fonda Farewell

Legend: Jane Fonda and Ted Turner are refused service in a restaurant when Fonda plays the "Do you know who I am?" card.

Star 100.7 was doing one of their "is anyone listening who" bits this morning. The first one was, ever have a celebrity pull the "Do you know who I am" routine.
A lady called in and said that when she was visiting her cattle rancher Uncle in Billings, MT a few years ago, they went to dinner at a restaurant that does not take reservations. The wait was about 45 minutes. Lots of other rancher types and spouses already waiting. In comes Ted Turner and Jane Fonda. They want a table. The hostess says they'll have to wait about 45 minutes.

Jane asks if she knows who she is. "Yes, but you'll still have to wait 45 minutes."

"Is the manager in?" she says.

The manager comes out, "May I help you?"

"Do you know who I am?", ask both Jane and Ted.

"Yes, but these folks have all been waiting already and I can't put you in ahead of them."

Then Ted asks to speak to the owner. The owner comes out. Jane again asks "Do you know who I am?"

The owner says "Yes, I do. Do you know who I am? I am the owner of this restaurant -- and a Vietnam veteran. No only will you not get a table ahead of all my friends and neighbors here, you also will not be eating in my restaurant tonight or any other night. Good bye."

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/outrage/fonda.asp

Sempers,

Roger

Shilo
04-30-03, 07:14 AM
She can apologise all she wants but how do you make up for what she did to these men??...ya'll may have seen this before but it STILL makes my blood boil!!(grr) <br />
** <br />
<br />
This is for all the kids born...

Shilo
04-30-03, 07:20 AM
Legend: Jane Fonda and Ted Turner are refused service in a restaurant when Fonda plays the "Do you know who I am?" card. Ah well even though it's a legend..it's still a nice thought! :)

Johnwear
05-21-03, 12:24 PM
Opps...I a FNG here...sorry.

Johnwear
05-21-03, 12:25 PM
Whether the it is true or not it is a GREAT story about a worthless POS traitor.

namgrunt
05-29-03, 10:57 AM
:thumbup: Wish someone had included the address of the Billings, MT restaurant. I would take a motorcycle ride cross country to eat anyplace that booted Ted Turner and/or Jane Fonda. Bon Appetite!

Javier Cascos
Sgt., USMC - Inactive (long time):marine:

badbob
06-25-03, 11:12 AM
http://citationexpress.com/RG666_small.jpg

richgitz
06-25-03, 01:28 PM
Amen Brothers & Sisters!
Everyones thoughts were right on. Especially MarineMom, her
thoughts are what I was going to post. Die B***h.:mad:

greensideout
03-31-05, 07:16 PM
She's back!

OLE SARG
03-31-05, 10:06 PM
Right on MarineMom - jane fonda is a traitor ***** and I hope she rots in hell now and hereafter.

SEMPER FI,
OLE SARG

thedrifter
03-31-05, 10:35 PM
Hanoi Jane Fonda Regrets 1972 Visit to Vietnam Gun Site
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oddly Enough - Reuters

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Jane Fonda regrets her visit to a North Vietnamese gun site in 1972, the actress and fitness guru said in an interview with CBS television show "60 Minutes" to be aired Sunday.

The actress defended her trip to Vietnam in 1972, which won her the nickname "Hanoi Jane." But she said her visit to a North Vietnamese anti-aircraft gun site used to shoot down U.S. pilots was a "betrayal" of the U.S. military.

"The image of Jane Fonda, Barbarella, Henry Fonda's daughter ... sitting on an enemy aircraft gun was a betrayal," she said, calling the act, "The largest lapse of judgment that I can even imagine."

But she said she did not regret visiting Hanoi, or being photographed with American prisoners of war there.

"There are hundreds of American delegations that had met with the POWs," she said. "Both sides were using the POWs for propaganda. ... It's not something that I will apologize for."

Three decades on, Vietnam continues to be a divisive issue for Americans. During last year's election campaign, some Republican supporters of President Bush called his Democratic rival, Sen. John Kerry, "Hanoi John" for protesting the Vietnam War after fighting in it and receiving five medals for combat duty.

Ellie

thedrifter
04-01-05, 07:22 AM
Hanoi Jane Fonda Regrets 1972 Visit to Vietnam Gun Site
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HANOI JANE COMES CLEAN
By Neal Boortz
April 1, 2005

The former Mrs. Ted Turner, Jane Fonda, has come out with a new book. She is making the rounds doing publicity...and she has given an interview to '60 Minutes' that will air this Sunday. In it, she admits (sort of) that she was wrong to go to North Vietnam and visit an anti-aircraft gun site used to shoot down U.S. pilots. Well isn't that nice....but she's a bit late, don't you think?

Fonda says that her trip to the gun site some 33 years ago was a "betrayal" of the U.S. military, its soldiers and "the country that gave me privilege." She calls the picture of her sitting on the enemy gun barrel the largest lapse of judgment she can imagine. Really. So what about the whole decision to visit North Vietnam in the first place? She won't apologize for that. No, Hanoi Jane will only apologize for posing for pictures with enemy weaponry. She won't apologize for being photographed with American POWs, nor will she apologize for going on Radio Hanoi and being a propaganda mouthpiece for the Viet Cong.

Jane Fonda gave aid and comfort to the enemy of the United States during a time of war. We used to call that treason, and there are people sitting in prison for it. Somehow, Jane Fonda got away with it...and now she wants us all to relieve her of her guilty conscience.

Ellie

Osotogary
04-01-05, 08:00 AM
I wonder if she is wearing a "Support the Troops" band now that it is fashionable? I'm getting ill. Yuk!!

Patty_McOorah
04-01-05, 10:56 AM
I am sure the tale of the refused service at the resturant is true. I am from Montana, and know that most to all Montanas hate them both. The only ones that really like them are those hippies that moved up there from California and such and claim to be from MT.

Nagalfar
04-01-05, 11:14 AM
Dam*... I seen the tag line for this tread.. and I was thinking we were going to get to read about Hanoi Jane getting her feeding tube yanked.. PC uncorrect I know.. but it is wishful thinking none the less on my part!

Wyoming
04-01-05, 03:06 PM
I care not a wit for the ***** me ownself, but -

http://www.snopes.com/movies/actors/fonda.asp (http://)

ALSEUT
04-01-05, 03:37 PM
Poor, poor Jane. Just commit suiside so we can feel good about you again. You commie #$%^&

thedrifter
04-01-05, 05:07 PM
60's Peace Activist Apologizes to Vietnam

Fri Apr 1,12:51 PM ET

By MARGIE MASON, Associated Press Writer

HO CHI MINH CITY, Vietnam - It's been 30 years since the last bombs fell during the Vietnam War, and longtime peace activist Peter Yarrow says it's about time that America apologizes.

The singer-songwriter from the 1960s folk group Peter, Paul and Mary has grown gray, but his passion to fight for those affected by the war remains fervent.

During his first trip to Vietnam this week, he told The Associated Press that the war wounds of the United States won't heal until the nation makes amends — a process he believes should involve helping Vietnamese suffering from the ill health effects of Agent Orange, a defoliant sprayed by U.S. planes during the war.

"All I know is that there's something that's really hurting the process of engagement, normalization and mutual respect in this equation," he said of U.S.-Vietnam relations. "And a real flash point is the issue of Agent Orange."

Yarrow, 66, performed a benefit concert before a packed crowd in Hanoi's Opera House to raise money for the cause and visited a village where U.S. veterans volunteer their time to help children suffering from diseases and birth defects believed to be caused by exposure to the chemical.

Yarrow, famous for the song "Puff, The Magic Dragon" and his rendition of Bob Dylan's classic "Blowin' In The Wind", decided to devote himself to the cause after years of activism ranging from marching with slain U.S. civil rights leader Martin Luther King, Jr., to organizing concerts in Madison Square Garden to protest the unpopular war.

"Now, I'm here with that history and came to Vietnam ready to get down on my knees as one American and say, 'Please forgive us. We who are a good country — and a great country in many ways — also have made some terrible mistakes,'" he said.

Yarrow is among the first well-known anti-war activists to come to Vietnam since the war ended on April 30, 1975, when communist forces took over Saigon, the U.S.-backed capital of South Vietnam.

Actress Jane Fonda visited North Vietnam in 1972 where she met American prisoners of war and was photographed at a communist anti-aircraft gun site, earning her the nickname "Hanoi Jane."

In an interview prior to the release of her memoir next week, Fonda has that "... sitting on an enemy aircraft gun was a betrayal ... the largest lapse of judgment that I can even imagine."

Since the war, relations with the United States have warmed. Diplomatic ties were normalized in 1995 and a landmark trade agreement was signed in 2001, prompting an explosion of business. But the issue of Agent Orange remains a sticking point.

A U.S. federal court last month dismissed the first-ever lawsuit filed by Vietnamese against the American chemical manufactures, claiming they suffered severe health problems after exposure to Agent Orange.

U.S. aircraft dumped 21 million gallons of defoliant on Vietnam from 1962-71. Most of that was Agent Orange, which contains the toxic dioxin, blamed for causing diseases such as cancer, diabetes, spina bifida and a range of other health problems. However, the U.S. government maintains there is not enough evidence to link dioxin to those ailments.

But Yarrow said the science shouldn't matter. Instead, he said the United States should simply do the right thing 30 years after the war by treating the Vietnamese who say they suffer from exposure.

"It's not to me an issue about whether it's 30 percent or 80 percent of them being victims of Agent Orange ... You've got to say 'We, as a country, are sorry' or at least the individuals have to say it," he said.

While in Vietnam, Yarrow also traveled to Ho Chi Minh City where he attended a conference of international schools to promote Operation Respect, a nonprofit he founded to foster nonviolence in schools.

Ellie

greensideout
04-01-05, 05:51 PM
Yarrow is a piece of crap! He's about 40 years late getting to the former RVN. If he wanted to help, he should have shown up then to stop communist forces.

Oh ya, I almost forgot, the commies are our friends now.

yellowwing
04-01-05, 06:06 PM
Does anyone else find it ironic that "Puff The Magic Dragon" is a moniker for the AC-130 Gunship?

An Anomalous Pentagon Bargain at only $130 million each!

greensideout
04-01-05, 06:53 PM
Ironic indeed yellowwing! Weren't the first "Puffs" DC-3's with a large hatch in the side for the gun?

vic_deleon2003
04-01-05, 09:51 PM
I don't know what to say about hanoi jane I know that I do not have any respect for her I can't call her names cause they are to good to be used to decribe her this so called woman who took advantage of her freedom to betray not only the men but the whole of the United States and its people not counting the so called saviors who went down the same streets of this Nation protesting the war and thats another story those people said that they were doing this for the men who were fighting for them
as for me I never asked anyone to protest the war I volunteered
in 66 and 68 to go and I went I'm proud that I did and I would
do it again and again and again Proud to be an American Marine
can she or any of the protestors claim that title Semper Fi to my
brother and sister Marines and to Army Navy Air Force Coast Guard Semper FI Vic

jinelson
04-01-05, 10:34 PM
Well said Vic,very well said

Patty_McOorah
04-02-05, 05:55 AM
I'm sorry, and I may be out of line here, but I believe that if you want to go over and apologize because you feel so sorry for them, then once you leave the U.S. you dont come back. Stay there, because aparently you dont appriciate what others have done so you have the ability to speak out about such "atrocities". I hate hippies.

woodman
04-02-05, 06:04 AM
[QUOTE][i]

"Now, I'm here with that history and came to Vietnam ready to get down on my knees and say I'm sorry"

To all my Nam era brothers and sisters I say that while Yarrow is on his knees it will be that much easier to KISS YOUR AZZ'S. Now if he and Jane could get on a plane and drive it into the ground from 10k feet it would truly be a grand day.

Lock-n-Load
04-02-05, 07:45 AM
:marine: Up your ying-yang [sideways] you friggin... TRAITOR...now that you have another book coming out and you trying at acting again, you only want to create a photo op with your conniving apology to all Vietnam Vets...just another unscrupulous sidebar to add to your ill-begotton gains...you should be tarred an feathered and ridden out of Hollywood on a rail...even that atheist ex-husband of yours [Ted "you dirty-rat" Turner] dumped your sorry/lame a$$ awhile ago...better still Hanoi Jane, we should use you for live bayonet practice!!...GET LOST...you freakin' douche bag...:marine:

Eaglestrikes
04-02-05, 07:40 PM
I do not refer to her by name. I do not allow that name in my house nor do I allow any thing with her name attached to be in or near my house on on Radio or TV.
I do not hate her. I do despise her. I do not intend to forgive her until my Lost Brothers come back from their graves.
Ted Turner was an A$$. He still is. She was worse. After insulting all the Military she decided to insult my Home State of Georgia with that Applachian trash remark of hers.
She is a loser all the way around.
I would not read her Obit. I would not allow the paper in my house not even to line the Bird cage with.
Good Riddance to Bad Rubbish.

OLE SARG
04-03-05, 09:48 AM
Eaglestrikes,
I couldn't put it any better. She's garbage!!!!!!!!

'Nuff said.

SEMPER FI,
OLD SARG

thedrifter
04-06-05, 03:31 PM
Hanoi Jane rides again
Michelle Malkin
April 6, 2005

Jane Fonda just won't shut up. And her crocodile tears will not stop flowing. She has contracted an acute case of Aging Celebrity Hippie Syndrome -- and it's going to land her tell-all memoir on The New York Times best-seller list in no time. There she is on "60 Minutes," simpering about her failed relationship with her stoic father.

There she is in the Washington Post, detailing her past bouts with bulimia and lingering body image problems. (Which haven't damaged her enough to prevent her from posing for publicity photos: "Oh, God! Side lighting is not so good for me," the suffering Fonda orders the photographer.)

There she is in The New York Times. And Time magazine. And on "Good Morning America," blabbing about her bizarre trio of ex-husbands and their various pathologies. Adultery. Alcoholism. Prostitutes. Group sex. Blecchh. Aging hippies never learn. As college students, they had no appreciation of the value of self-restraint. Decades later as senior citizens (Jane Fonda is a 67-year-old woman prattling on, Howard Stern-style, about threesomes, for heaven's sake), they still have no appreciation of the value of discretion.

Unless there are big bucks involved, that is.

And now, Hanoi Jane is everywhere, everywhere, issuing what many in the mainstream media have characterized as a so-called apology for her betrayal of American troops in Vietnam.

The New York Times reports:

As she has before, Ms. Fonda apologizes for being photographed laughing and clapping while sitting on an antiaircraft gun in Hanoi. (She writes that she absent-mindedly sat down in a moment of euphoria with her North Vietnamese hosts, and adds, ''That two-minute lapse of sanity will haunt me until the day I die.'')

On "60 Minutes," she moans:

I will go to my grave regretting that. The image of Jane Fonda, 'Barbarella,' Henry Fonda's daughter, just a woman sitting on an enemy aircraft gun was a betrayal. It was like I was thumbing my nose at the military and at the country that gave me privilege.

"Like" she was thumbing her nose? The woman delivered numerous broadcasts on Radio Hanoi claiming tortured POWs were in "good health," calling her own president a "new-type Hitler" on enemy airwaves, and accusing American pilots of being "war criminals."

Vietnam veterans see clearly through Fonda's ploy -- yet another insult to the memory of fallen American troops. Walter Inge wrote in a letter to the editor of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution:

Despite repeated claims, Hanoi Jane Fonda has never apologized for her treasonous collaboration with the Vietnamese Communists. Writing that it was 'a betrayal' and 'a lapse of judgment' is a confession, not an apology.

Henry Mark Holzer, co-author of "Aid and Comfort: Jane Fonda and North Vietnam," was more blunt on MSNBC's "Scarborough Country" this week:

She committed treason. She exploited and misused American POWs. She gave the North Vietnamese communists, with whom we were then at war, propaganda that American POWs endured unimaginable torture not to give them, she gave it to them for free. And, indeed, she caused the deaths of American fighting men and the deaths of our allies as well.

Meanwhile, Fonda's fellow Hollywood hippie leftover, Peter Yarrow, traveled to Vietnam last week "ready to get down on my knees as one American and say, 'Please forgive us'" -- a sentiment with which the unrepentant Fonda -- who has yet to apologize for those treasonous radio broadcasts -- no doubt concurs.

No mind. Fonda's cynical non-apology "apology" keeps making headlines, just as she and her book publicists had hoped. This isn't about making amends. This is about making money.

Me! Me! Me! Hanoi Jane rides again.

Michelle Malkin is a syndicated columnist and maintains her weblog at michellemalkin.com

©2005 Creators Syndicate, Inc.
Contact Michelle Malkin | Read Malkin's biography
townhall.com

Ellie

thedrifter
04-07-05, 03:57 PM
Jane Fonda, Alan Colmes and The Inane Liberal Mindset
by Sher Zieve
April 7, 2005

Last night, while watching Hannity & Colmes, I resisted the temptation of throwing something at the television set. I’ve heard, consistently, from many conservatives who know him, that Alan is “really a nice guy”. Maybe so. But, his comments continue to be consistently absurd, mindless, immature, idiotic, perplexing and too many other adjectives defining ‘ludicrous’ to list here. One of his Wednesday comments, however, took the proverbial cake.

Engaged in a conversation with Lieutenant Colonel Oliver North, regarding Jane Fonda and her new book, the inevitable subject of Fonda’s Viet Nam war atrocities came up in the discussion. Please bear in mind that North not only had first-hand experience in Viet Nam but, knows this war backward, forward, inside and out. North brought up Fonda’s many treasonous actions, during the war and her comments and actions against the US were myriad. One of these that North brought up still has the ability to elicit the strongest of emotions from our Viet Nam veterans. On one of her trips to Viet Nam, where she sided with the enemy Viet Cong against the US and our troops, US prisoners believed they might have some hope…if they could just get messages to Fonda.

Having no idea that Fonda had become a communist-plant, our fathers, sons and husbands managed (at great cost personal to them and the risk of sacrificing their lives if they were caught) to get handwritten messages to Fonda. In their messages, our soldiers begged her to get their information back to the states. They were valiantly trying to get the true story of their imprisonment and torture back to the American people. However, instead of taking the messages home with her, Fonda turned them over to our prisoners’ Viet Cong captors. This resulted in even more severe torture and even death for our troops. Hanoi Jane had accomplished her job well.

Now comes the “kicker”. In response to North’s comments, Colmes (in his inimitable condescending fashion) had the impudence to say: “If we can forgive George Bush for his youthful indiscretions, maybe we can forgive Jane Fonda.” What??? Colmes is comparing Fonda’s treason and her directly causing the torture and death of American citizens to President Bush’s former “youthful indiscretions” with alcohol? Good grief! Does Alan even bother to take his mind with him, when he leaves his home each day? This reflects yet more liberal insanity and a gross lack of mental acumen. At its very best, this comment reflects a badly failing intellect. It is, also, one of the best examples of the way liberals think and, most likely, the reason why they fight against the death penalty for mass murderers yet saw no problem with Terri Schiavo’s forced euthanasia and support the abortion of babies. Most liberals are lunatics who do not appear to possess the ability for rational thought. Colmes’ comment is but another glaring example of their malady. This is, also, another illustration of why they must no longer be elected…to anything. Irrationality and stupidity are not prime qualifications for public office.

Ellie

thedrifter
04-08-05, 09:37 PM
Kinda Fond of Jane Fonda

April 8, 2005

by Karen H. Pittman

Hey, guys, quick, before you miss it – look up: I'm about to step out onto the ledge here and say something terribly controversial. I'm about to break ranks with my conservative brethren.

Yes, Jane Fonda did some horrible things in Hanoi. Yes, she was a wild child, an hysterical 60’s flower-power flouter of the first order. But that doesn't change the fact that she herself may have changed. Whoever the girl was, the grown woman is now someone else entirely – a mature, thoroughly mellowed 67-year-old grandmother in need of artificial hips.

Try as I might, for the sake of the cause, I cannot dislike her. For despite her faults, she brings one sterling quality to the table which your typical Hollywood socialite does not, and that is substance. Jane Fonda herself is silver-minted. And let's face it: No airhead would have dared perch her derriere atop an enemy gunship just for the sake of publicity.

Whatever we may think of Ms. Fonda's activism in Vietnam, we cannot seriously think she did all of that for attention. If nothing else, we must at least be intellectually and morally honest enough to admit that Jane Fonda, the girl, did the things she did for the same reasons we do – because she truly, acutely, radically believed. To assert anything less is to do ourselves and our cause a disservice, to say nothing of her and hers.

And if we, some thirty-five years later, still can’t get over it, that’s our problem. If more of us would do what I'm trying to do in making the effort to look past this woman's tempestuous past – if we would all just chill out long enough to suspend judgment for five whole minutes and actually listen to what she has to say – we would happily discover, I believe, that much of what she says has merit. Her words are, at times, even profound. Agree or disagree with her political ideology, embrace or disavow her evolving brand of Christianity, at least Jane Fonda is herself evolving, and is committed to some cause larger than her own. At least she is earnestly searching.

I mean, my God, if the Pope could forgive Mehmet Ali Agca (<a href=””> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7381043/</a>), can't we forgive Jane Fonda?

That said, let me be crystal clear on one point: I do not expect veterans of her crazed, callow crusade to be so magnanimous. I do not expect that all those valiant Vietnam POWs, who were so brutally and viscerally betrayed, can or will or even should forgive her. For them, the injury was and is too deeply personal; for me, it was, and remains to this day, mostly a black and white photograph in a history book.

I was all of nine or ten years old when Ms. Fonda cozied up to the Viet Cong, and being a kid, I was riddled with the same ambivalent impressions of that conflict that all the kids were back then. That did not mean, however, that I expressly condoned what she doing; truthfully, I knew too little about the whole affair to know how I felt. But it did mean that part of me understood and even empathized with what she was trying to do, because – in the context of that turbulent era, our turbulent era – she was merely aggressively following the dictates of her conscience, misleading as they were.

What a rabid disciple and proselytizer this woman would make!

And as far as I can see, that’s all she’s doing now – following her heart.

At the end of the day, this is what we most need to take away from all this. If we are to achieve any kind of clarity in the midst of this hullabaloo, the one maypole around which we must wrap ourselves is the mortal recognition that people can and do change, especially as they age. They evolve. Only God and truth are unchanging, but we mercurial human beings tend either to develop or regress in terms of our ability to recognize and interpret them.

At least give the lady credit for developing! Okay, so she hasn’t fully renounced her stance on Vietnam. But she is clearly inching ever closer toward some sort of healthy, heartfelt finality on the matter. I mean, it’s not like she’s going backwards, for Christ’s sake. For Ms. Fonda to even embrace Christianity at all, in any capacity, given her starting point, is itself a miracle of beatific proportions.

Certainly I would never have believed such a thing could happen when I was nine. But then again, statues of the Blessed Virgin have been known to weep actual tears and drip real drops of bilious blood.

When I lean back and let myself luxury-cruise right through Jane Fonda’s life so far as recounted in countless TV interviews, a remarkable thing occurs. I find I’m not on auto-pilot at all, for then I begin to remember why I bought into this feisty, spunky, energetic lady's charisma in the first place. This is the same allure that led me to buy her leg warmers and workout tapes by the armfuls in the late eighties. I remember why I was drawn to her – because for one thing, she admitted to having daddy problems (read: authority problems), and for another, she had the good sense to realize that the real reason she was binging and purging was to sate a higher hunger, and, more importantly, the courage to acknowledge it.

Now she says that hunger is being fed, wholly and completely, by the body and blood of Christ. Who are we to say otherwise? It seems to me only Christ Himself can make that call.

In this week of Pope John Paul the Great's passing, we must at least try to give Jane Fonda the benefit of the doubt. Her newly professed faith and our desire to believe in its redemptive power encourage us to take her at her word. For those of us who aren’t veterans and weren’t mortally wounded by the cavalier acts of her youthful folly, it’s time to contemplate letting go.

And besides, I just can't help myself – I identify with her. Would that I would glide so gracefully into my sunset . . . .

Sorry, guys, but I just jumped. For me this story isn't about politics. It's about redemption and rapprochement. No matter what the girl did then, the grown woman, the grandmother, has me in her corner rooting for her now.

Call me crazy, but I'm kinda Fonda Jane.

Karen H. Pittman

Ellie

greensideout
04-08-05, 10:26 PM
Well, Karen H. Pittman, I'm not fonda Jane!

How do you explain the blood and death by her hands and action?

If indeed she has changed, where are her words that she has?

You talk like what she did is really no big deal.

Call you crazy? Ok, I will!

Jane Fonda is the same fringing ***** that she has always been.

Osotogary
04-09-05, 01:28 AM
"Hey, guys".....I'm about to break ranks with my conservative brethren."

Right away Karen Pittman has identified the male gender and a political affiliation or thought process. Why? What's to gain except perhaps to isolate her thoughts to a specific group or to gain approval from another group. I think that she could have written her ideas without the mentioning of either. I'm thinking that what Jane Fonda did transcended both gender and political affiliation. Her actions were treasonous to male and female, conservative or liberal alike. What does Karen Pittman want? Beats the heck out of me. Oh yes, Karen Pittman, I am of the male gender (Hey,guys) and I consider myself a "flexible conservative not overtly opposed to the process of liberal thought or action". (conservative bretheren) Was your message for me? If it was, I didn't buy it even with your religious reference. Why didn't you just say, "Lighten up, guys. Give her a break she's changed.....just like I am." You could have cut to the chase that way. What do you want?

Eaglestrikes
04-09-05, 04:16 PM
Who is Karen Pittman, and why is it lying about being Conservative?
Was that brought in by a trash truck? It ought to be hauled away on one.
I like this part though.

No matter what the girl did then, the grown woman, the grandmother, has me in her corner rooting for her now.
Rooting describes both of them perfectly.

Wyoming
04-09-05, 05:35 PM
I've been quiet on this until now.

Karen Pittman can go get Jane Fonda and they can both 'Kiss My Rebel Ass'.

Phantom Blooper
04-09-05, 06:51 PM
"No matter what the girl did then, the grown woman, the grandmother, has me in her corner rooting for her now."

This state of North Carolina is surrounded by "Hawg" farms,that is what I see when I pass the farms, "Hawgs Rooting." Also when you pass by them the stench is unbelievable!Semper-Fi! "Never Forget" Chuck Hall

Wyoming
04-15-05, 11:27 AM
Sent to me by a friend -

Forever Green
April 6th, 2005

Jane Fonda seeks exoneration,
Forgiveness from her traitored nation.
What say you warriors fought that war?
Is forgiveness due that wartime *****?
So rich, so smart, she thought she knew
Much more than us, we bloodied few.
So smug, self-serving, seeking fame,
The rich ***** played her seditious game.

A game that cost me many friends,
Many, thanks to Jane, came to bad ends.
I’ve borne scars forty years or more,
From lies laid on me by this *****.
Self-serving now she sells her tale,
This traitor who should be in jail.
Is it within our souls to grant her grace?
Our souls shout, “No… spit in her face!”

So self assured, she played high stakes,
Telling American prisoners,
“That’s the breaks.”
She accused brave men of heinous crimes,
Which were disproved in future times.
And now our country knows the truth
Jane Fonda betrayed us in our youth.
She asks us now to read her book,
Americans, the folks this ***** forsook.

So now she crawls, her conscience bare,
To tell us she screwed up back there.
Well, hell, we knew that way back then,
This Hanoi Jane who helped them win.
It was glory then for this airhead star,
But forever now she’ll bear the scar
A scarlet letter she’ll now wear,
A stench forever in her hair.

So Jane, dear, you must realize,
You’re the devil in a helmet in our eyes.
When Vietnam vets raise up their toasts
It’s to damn your soul, to salute our ghosts.
We swear, we living, to our long-dead brave,
We’ll live to **** upon your grave.
So Jane, good fortune, unforeseen,
Your traitor’s grave will be forever green.

Russ Vaughn
2d Bn, 327th Parachute Infantry Regiment
101st Airborne Division
Vietnam 65-66

thedrifter
04-25-05, 11:43 PM
Mo. Man Spits Tobacco Juice at Jane Fonda <br />
Published: 4/20/05 <br />
<br />
<br />
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) - A man spit tobacco juice into the face of Jane Fonda after waiting in line to have her sign her new memoir....

thedrifter
04-28-05, 04:22 AM
04-27-2005 <br />
<br />
Still ‘Hanoi Jane’ after All These Years <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
By Chad Miles

sgt.r.n.davis
04-29-05, 08:36 AM
ya. great move by the owner of the restaurant !!! they say every dog has its day well she had hers and failed, but from that day forward we fighting americans have ours from now on and into the future. she's nothing but , a big time looser and now she's trying to sell her book and hoping that all is well. her day of judgement is now at hand.

thedrifter
04-29-05, 11:07 AM
Jane Fonda in Wonderland ~ Non-apology not accepted
By Dexter Lehtinen
National Review Online
April 29, 2005

You may have heard that Jane Fonda apologized to Vietnam veterans in her current book. That's incorrect. She expressed "regret" for one photograph, but remains proud of her Radio Hanoi broadcasts, her efforts to achieve a Communist victory, and her attacks on American servicemen as war criminals. She never uses the word "apology."

Fonda's latest foray into her past - with her pseudo-apology for having been photographed while sitting on a Communist North Vietnamese anti-aircraft gun, along with her continued vigorous defense of all other aspects of her trip to North Vietnam and her support for the North Vietnamese and Cambodian Communist wars - reminds us that apologies can be very tricky things. An unqualified apology offered with sincere regret for the full scope of the wrong by someone who recognizes the harm inflicted on others can help in reconciliation. But a "pseudo-apology," offered with limitations by someone who still defends the bulk of the wrong, only serves to aggravate the injury.

Everyone knows the negative effects of the common pseudo-apology, the refrain of which goes, "I'm sorry if I offended you." Pseudo-apologies attempt to subtly shift the blame to the injured party, who apparently misunderstood the good intentions of the offender.

So it is with Jane Fonda's book. In My Life So Far, "Hanoi Jane" expresses "regret" for one thing - being photographed with an anti-aircraft gun. "I do not regret that I went. My only regret about the trip was that I was photographed in a North Vietnamese antiaircraft gun site." Fonda amplifies: "That two minute lapse of sanity will haunt me until I die." She is "innocent of what the photo implies," but "the photo exists, delivering its message, regardless of what I was really doing or feeling." She makes it abundantly clear, without apology or regret, that what she was "really doing" was aiding the Communist enemy (who "touch our hearts"), and that what she was "really feeling" was that U.S. aviators were war criminals.

The photograph is not Fonda's primary transgression. Of course, the photo itself became the everlasting graphic proof of her outrageous behavior. So in a way Fonda is right - in practice, it is the photograph that reminds generations of who Jane Fonda really is. In her "regret," limited to the photograph alone, Vietnam veterans see Fonda's endeavoring to ameliorate the harm to herself with virtually no regard to the harm she caused to others.

Hanoi Jane's wrongs go far beyond the photograph. First, of course, are the facts that she joined the enemy gun crew at all and made two visits to North Vietnam. Second, Fonda's self-initiated broadcasts on Radio Hanoi accused Americans of being war criminals. It was these broadcasts from the enemy's capital (not the gun photo) that gave her the lasting handle "Hanoi Jane" in emulation of "Tokyo Rose," an American who broadcast Japanese propaganda in World War II. In her self-proclaimed FTA ("F*** the Army") rallies, she claimed that personal atrocities "were a way of life for many of our military".

Third, Fonda exploited American POWs for Communist gain, asserting that the POWs were being treated humanely following a Communist-controlled visit. In fact, the remarkable POWs who showed any resistance to the Fonda visit were beaten severely and she betrayed the POWs by falsely claiming that they expressed "disgust" and "shame" over what they had done. When the returning POWs reported their torture, showing their broken bodies as proof, Fonda called them "hypocrites and liars." She claims in her book that she was "framed."

Fourth, Fonda ignored the non-Communist Vietnamese and Cambodians who resisted the Vietnamese Communists and the Cambodian Khmer Rouge, showing no concern for their fate. Fonda continued to support the Communists against indigenous non-Communists even after American withdrawal. She was not "anti-war"; she was "pro-war" - for a Communist victory. She was not even "anti-atrocity" per se, remaining silent on Communist executions of Vietnamese and Cambodian civilians (such as the 3,000 slaughtered with their hands tied in Hue in 1968, or the final tragedy following Communist victories in 1975).

Fonda's hopes for a Communist victory in South Vietnam and Cambodia were fulfilled. But her hopes for fame as an instrument of Communist achievements have been dashed on the rocks of reality - the truth about Communist malevolence and disregard for human dignity; the truth about the commitment by most American soldiers to honorable behavior; the truth about the torture and murder of American POWs. Now her efforts to promote commercial gain through a limited pseudo-apology, which is simultaneously withdrawn by a less visible (yet explicit) defense of her transgressions, will fail on the same rocks of reality.

Jane Fonda has always lived in a kind of Wonderland - where American POWs are liars and Communist tyrants are honorable men. Now she says that "the U.S. loss represented our nation's chance for redemption" and that the Communist victory "symbolizes hope for the planet." Her latest foray into the Vietnam War only shows that, unlike Alice, Jane Fonda has yet to emerge from Wonderland.

- Dexter Lehtinen was severely wounded as a reconnaissance platoon leader in Vietnam. He later graduated first in his class from Stanford Law School and served as a Florida state senator and United States Attorney for the Southern District of Florida.

Ellie

ridingcrops
04-29-05, 11:36 AM
I think the same should happen anywhere this traitor ***** shows her face.

thedrifter
04-30-05, 04:47 PM
Fonda's Pseudo-Apology

(National Review Online) This column was written by Dexter Lehtinen.
You may have heard that Jane Fonda apologized to Vietnam veterans in her current book. That's incorrect. She expressed "regret" for one photograph, but remains proud of her Radio Hanoi broadcasts, her efforts to achieve a Communist victory, and her attacks on American servicemen as war criminals. She never uses the word "apology."

Fonda's latest foray into her past -- with her pseudo-apology for having been photographed while sitting on a Communist North Vietnamese anti-aircraft gun, along with her continued vigorous defense of all other aspects of her trip to North Vietnam and her support for the North Vietnamese and Cambodian Communist wars -- reminds us that apologies can be very tricky things. An unqualified apology offered with sincere regret for the full scope of the wrong by someone who recognizes the harm inflicted on others can help in reconciliation. But a "pseudo-apology," offered with limitations by someone who still defends the bulk of the wrong, only serves to aggravate the injury.

Everyone knows the negative effects of the common pseudo-apology, the refrain of which goes, "I'm sorry if I offended you." Pseudo-apologies attempt to subtly shift the blame to the injured party, who apparently misunderstood the good intentions of the offender.

So it is with Jane Fonda's book. In My Life So Far, "Hanoi Jane" expresses "regret" for one thing -- being photographed with an anti-aircraft gun. "I do not regret that I went. My only regret about the trip was that I was photographed in a North Vietnamese antiaircraft gun site." Fonda amplifies: "That two minute lapse of sanity will haunt me until I die." She is "innocent of what the photo implies," but "the photo exists, delivering its message, regardless of what I was really doing or feeling." She makes it abundantly clear, without apology or regret, that what she was "really doing" was aiding the Communist enemy (who "touch our hearts"), and that what she was "really feeling" was that U.S. aviators were war criminals.

The photograph is not Fonda's primary transgression. Of course, the photo itself became the everlasting graphic proof of her outrageous behavior. So in a way Fonda is right -- in practice, it is the photograph that reminds generations of who Jane Fonda really is. In her "regret," limited to the photograph alone, Vietnam veterans see Fonda's endeavoring to ameliorate the harm to herself with virtually no regard to the harm she caused to others.

Hanoi Jane's wrongs go far beyond the photograph. First, of course, are the facts that she joined the enemy gun crew at all and made two visits to North Vietnam. Second, Fonda's self-initiated broadcasts on Radio Hanoi accused Americans of being war criminals. It was these broadcasts from the enemy's capital (not the gun photo) that gave her the lasting handle "Hanoi Jane" in emulation of "Tokyo Rose," an American who broadcast Japanese propaganda in World War II. In her self-proclaimed FTA ("F*** the Army") rallies, she claimed that personal atrocities "were a way of life for many of our military".

Third, Fonda exploited American POWs for Communist gain, asserting that the POWs were being treated humanely following a Communist-controlled visit. In fact, the remarkable POWs who showed any resistance to the Fonda visit were beaten severely and she betrayed the POWs by falsely claiming that they expressed "disgust" and "shame" over what they had done. When the returning POWs reported their torture, showing their broken bodies as proof, Fonda called them "hypocrites and liars." She claims in her book that she was "framed."

Fourth, Fonda ignored the non-Communist Vietnamese and Cambodians who resisted the Vietnamese Communists and the Cambodian Khmer Rouge, showing no concern for their fate. Fonda continued to support the Communists against indigenous non-Communists even after American withdrawal. She was not "anti-war"; she was "pro-war" -- for a Communist victory. She was not even "anti-atrocity" per se, remaining silent on Communist executions of Vietnamese and Cambodian civilians (such as the 3,000 slaughtered with their hands tied in Hue in 1968, or the final tragedy following Communist victories in 1975).

Fonda's hopes for a Communist victory in South Vietnam and Cambodia were fulfilled. But her hopes for fame as an instrument of Communist achievements have been dashed on the rocks of reality-- the truth about Communist malevolence and disregard for human dignity; the truth about the commitment by most American soldiers to honorable behavior; the truth about the torture and murder of American POWs. Now her efforts to promote commercial gain through a limited pseudo-apology, which is simultaneously withdrawn by a less visible (yet explicit) defense of her transgressions, will fail on the same rocks of reality.

Jane Fonda has always lived in a kind of Wonderland -- where American POWs are liars and Communist tyrants are honorable men. Now she says that "the U.S. loss represented our nation's chance for redemption" and that the Communist victory "symbolizes hope for the planet." Her latest foray into the Vietnam War only shows that, unlike Alice, Jane Fonda has yet to emerge from Wonderland.

Dexter Lehtinen was severely wounded as a reconnaissance platoon leader in Vietnam. He later graduated first in his class from Stanford Law School and served as a Florida state senator and United States Attorney for the Southern District of Florida.

http://wwwimage.cbsnews.com/images/2004/03/19/image607263x.jpg

Fonda speaks at news conference after returning from North Vietnam, Paris, France, July 25, 1972.

Ellie

thedrifter
04-30-05, 08:28 PM
Sent to me By Mark aka The Fontman <br />
<br />
Thirty Years at 300 Millimeters <br />
<br />
HONG KONG <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
THIRTY years ago I was fortunate enough to take a photograph that has become perhaps the most recognizable...

arzach
04-30-05, 09:02 PM
screw peter yarrow too, I'm sure jane has a few batteries left over.

marine6674
05-04-05, 01:53 PM
The only time fonda says she is sorry is when she wants to sell her books or make a movie in a town where the Vets don't want her. When did you say her funeral is going to be?

thedrifter
05-04-05, 03:14 PM
How we won the war in Vietnam
May 4th, 2005

I can just hear the sneers at this headline. Won? The senseless Vietnam War, which killed people for no reason at all? The answer is yes. We won the real war in Vietnam; that war was called the Cold War. It was fought to defend free peoples against the hyper-aggressive Soviet Empire. And I am not the only one who thinks so.

Vietnam was a battle in the Cold War --- which wasn't all cold by any means.
The United States fought two major proxy wars against the Soviet Empire and its allies, like Mao Tse Tung's China. One war was fought in Korea, and cost 34,000 American lives. The other was Vietnam, and cost 58,000 American lives. Thousands and thousands of Koreans and Vietnamese died along with us, fighting as allies and friends.

Those wars were pure hell, as General Sherman said. All wars are hell.

Suppose we had not fought in Korea and Vietnam. The "Cold" War would have been lost. What would have happened? When America became involved in Vietnam, the Soviets and Chinese Communists were a single block, although tensions between China and the Soviet Union were rising. Eastern Europe was one great concentration camp. Soviet imperialism was on the march in Asia, Africa, South America, and Western Europe. Korea and Vietnam were bloody holding actions that allowed democracies to grow strong enough to outlast the enemy.

Consider just how many people were killed domestically by the Soviet Empire and its allies over seventy years --- not in wars, but in tyrannical campaigns to control their own peoples. According to an authoritative team of French historians, Marxist regimes exterminated 100 million human beings in the 20th century. That is not even counting wars fought by those regimes against other countries.

Just a reminder: Even in the last few years probably more than a million North Koreans have died from starvation and persecution, all because of their fat and paranoid Marxist dictator Kim Jong Il's economic blunders and refusal to open his country sifficiently to international aid. Communist Vietnam has killed tens of thousands of its people in "re-education camps" since the Vietnam War.

We forget the relentless killing machines of Marxist tyrannies, their determination to wipe out entire classes of human beings, small capitalists, rich peasants, farmers who refused to be corralled into communes, dissidents. In Cambodia, Pol Pot killed people simply for wearing glasses; they might have been dissidents. We must not forget the biggest threat of the 20th century.

In the fantasy world of the American Left, Vietnam was not worth fighting because the Cold War was only a fiction whipped up by the military- industrial complex. If only those 100 million dead souls could answer that lie. The American victory in the Cold War was dearly bought, but if the Soviet Union had not been stopped, its victims might now number --- how many? 200 million? 300 million? An endless number, as the Soviet Empire went from victory to victory?

In truth, we should have parades celebrating the sacrifice of Americans and our Vietnamese allies in the Vietnam War. It was an agonizing battle. But it was thrust upon us, and there was no other way. Don't let the Left get away with lying about it.

To really understand the last hundred years, we need to remember only two
numbers: six million and 100 million. Six million Jews, Gypsies, homosexuals, Christians and handicapped people were deliberately exterminated by the Right Fascist ideology of the Nazis.

But Hitler had only thirteen years in power. Over a period of seventy years, Left Fascism was able to destroy 100 million human beings.

Left or Right, Fascism is Fascism.

The next time you see a Vietnam vet, thank him or her from the bottom of your heart for winning the longest war of the 20th century.

James Lewis

Ellie

THANK YOU! MARINES...

thedrifter
05-05-05, 04:18 PM
An Ode to Jane Fonda
April 6, 2005
The American Thinker

Forever Green
Russ Vaughn

Jane Fonda seeks exoneration,
Forgiveness from her traitored nation.
What say you warriors fought that war?
Is forgiveness due that wartime *****?

So rich, so smart, she thought she knew
Much more than us, we bloodied few.
So smug, self-serving, seeking fame,
The rich ***** played her seditious game.

A game that cost me many friends,
Many, thanks to Jane, came to bad ends.
I've borne scars forty years or more,
>From lies laid on me by this *****.

Self-serving now she sells her tale,
This traitor who should be in jail.
Is it within our souls to grant her grace?
Our souls shout, "No. spit in her face!"

So self assured, she played high stakes,
Telling American prisoners, "That's the breaks."
She accused brave men of heinous crimes,
Which were disproved in future times.

And now our country knows the truth
Jane Fonda betrayed us in our youth.
She asks us now to read her book,
Americans, the folks this ***** forsook.

So now she crawls, her conscience bare,
To tell us she screwed up back there.
Well, hell, we knew that way back then,
This Hanoi Jane who helped them win.

It was glory then for this airhead star,
But forever now she'll bear the scar
A scarlet letter she'll now wear,
A stench forever in her hair.

So Jane, dear, you must realize,
You're the devil in a helmet in our eyes.
When Vietnam vets raise up their toasts
It's to damn your soul, to salute our ghosts.

We swear, we living, to our long-dead brave,
We'll live to **** upon your grave.
So Jane, good fortune, unforeseen,
Your traitor's grave will be forever green.

Russ Vaughn
2d Bn, 327th Parachute Infantry Regiment
101st Airborne Division Vietnam 65-66
Russ Vaughn is the Poet Laureate of The American Thinker

Ellie

thedrifter
05-10-05, 10:04 AM
FONDA: 'I'VE BEEN FORGIVEN'

Sixties screen siren JANE FONDA insists she has won over Vietnam war veterans, despite being spat at by a former soldier at a recent signing for her memoirs.

The BARBARELLA actress incensed those who fought in the conflict after making a number of anti-American speeches and appearing in photographs sitting on a Vietnamese tank during a trip to Hanoi in 1972.

Many are still angry with Fonda - veteran MICHAEL SMITH, 54, queued for 90 minutes to spit into her face at a signing of MY LIFE SO FAR in Kansas City, Missouri, last month.

But the star insists others have found it in their hearts to forgive her.

She says, "There are still so many for who, I'm a lightning rod. But what makes me feel good is when I get letters from Vietnam veterans, which I do all the time.

"They say: 'I hated you, but I've come to realise you were right and want to ask forgiveness.'"

10/05/2005 14:07

My opinion:
She's delusional.

Unbeliveable, she still doesn't get it.

Liberals have an amazing ability to forgive themselves for any transgression.

Ellie

c5down2
05-10-05, 10:11 AM
She needs a drug test because she is obviously smoking something!
She was right, they were wrong....yeah,
WHATEVER!

thedrifter
05-17-05, 05:04 AM
Sent to me By Mark aka The Fontman

Fonda flick doesn't fly in Hardin County
By JOHN FRIEDLEIN
The News Enterprise
May 17, 2005

The owner of Hardin County's two movie theaters is refusing to show the nation's top-grossing movie.

Like many veterans, Ike Boutwell has an issue with "Monster-in-Law" star Jane Fonda. On the ticket window at the Elizabethtown Movie Palace is a sign that tells movie goers the cinema will not show the film because of what she did in Vietnam. Below the message are pictures of Fonda clapping with a North Vietnamese anti-aircraft crew in 1972.

The sign on the marquee outside Showtime Cinemas in Radcliff reads: "No Jane Fonda movie in this theater."

More than 30 years after the war's end, Boutwell still bears a grudge.

"I trained a lot of pilots during the Vietnam conflict," he said.

Some of his students died from rounds fired from guns like the one Fonda visited during her anti-war trip.

"I think when people do something, they need to be held responsible for their actions," he said. "When you give the enemy aid, it makes the war last longer."

He also refused to show Michael Moore's controversial "Fahrenheit 9/11" and has banned Fonda movies from his theater in the past. Fonda's last movie was 1990's "Stanley & Iris.

Boutwell's stance against her latest movie means he's taking a financial hit. "Monster-in-Law" was last weekend's top-grossing movie, bringing in more than $23 million at 3,424 locations nationwide, according to Exhibitor Relations Co. Inc. and Nielsen EDI Inc.

The film is a romantic comedy about a mom who tries to wreck her son's relationship.

Amy Haire, who works the ticket booth of the Elizabethtown theater, has received mixed reaction to Boutwell's decision.

"A lot of the older gentlemen thought it was great," she said.

She got bad looks, though, from some girls and young women who wanted to see the film. She would point to the pictures and tell them it's the owner's discretion not to show it.

Joe Kinney, of Radcliff, said the theater should show the movie and let customers make up their minds about whether to see it. However, he said he isn't a fan of Fonda for political reasons.

Despite a few negative comments, Boutwell received mostly positive feedback.

One Elizabethtown man made a special trip to the theater Monday to thank him.

"I think Vietnam veterans appreciate this," said Sal Mancuso, who fought in the Mekong Delta during the Vietnam war. He thinks Fonda should be in prison for treason.

Asked about her belated apology for posing in the anti-aircraft pictures, Mancuso laughed. "There is no defense for what she did," he said.

Spc. Mike Carwile, who is with a National Guard medical detachment, said he wasn't even a twinkle in his father's eye when Fonda visited Vietnam.

The 22-year-old learned about her Vietnam War-era activities when he saw the notice outside the theater Monday. He supported Boutwell's decision.

"I think everyone's responsible for what they do," he said.

John Friedlein can be reached at 769-1200, Ext. 237, or e-mail him at jfriedlein@thenewsenterprise.com.

Ellie

thedrifter
05-18-05, 05:45 AM
Theater bans Fonda movie

From combined dispatches
The owner of two Kentucky theaters is refusing to show the new Jane Fonda film "Monster-in-Law" because of the actress's pro-communist stand during the Vietnam War.
Photos of a smiling Miss Fonda posing with a North Vietnamese anti-aircraft crew in 1972 were displayed outside an Elizabethtown movie theater to show the disapproval of theater owner Ike Boutwell. The marquee outside Mr. Boutwell's Showtime Cinemas in nearby Radcliff reads: "No Jane Fonda movie in this theater."
Both theaters are just a few miles from the Army post of Fort Knox.
"I trained a lot of pilots during the Vietnam conflict," Mr. Boutwell told the Hardin County News-Enterprise, adding that some of those pilots died when their planes were shot down by North Vietnamese gunners.
"To me, Ms. Fonda is a traitor," he explained in a local television interview. "I could not get the picture out of my mind of her cheering the gun crew that had just shot down an American B-52."
Miss Fonda said recently that she regretted being photographed on the anti-aircraft gun, but has never apologized for supporting Hanoi in the war and making propaganda broadcasts on North Vietnamese radio.
Mr. Boutwell's stance means he's taking a financial hit. "Monster-in-Law" was the top-grossing movie last weekend, bringing in more than $23 million nationwide. In the film, Miss Fonda plays a villainous prospective mother-in-law trying to stop Jennifer Lopez from marrying her son.
Sal Mancuso, an Elizabethtown resident who said he fought in the Mekong Delta, personally thanked Mr. Boutwell for not showing the film starring the actress whom many Vietnam veterans disdain as "Hanoi Jane."
"There is no defense for what she did," Mr. Mancuso said.
Mr. Boutwell also banned previous Fonda films, as well as Michael Moore's 2004 anti-war film, "Fahrenheit 9/11."

Ellie

Toby M
05-18-05, 10:10 AM
I think she needs hug...couple of you big guys grab her around the throat and sqeeze gently-stop in about an hour!

thedrifter
05-19-05, 06:44 PM
Nation takes note of Fonda boycott
By KELLY RICHARDSON and JOHN FRIEDLEIN

A Hardin County theater owner's decision not to show "Monster-in-Law" has become a monster of a story.

Ike Boutwell, who owns the county's only two movie theaters, has refused to show last weekend's top-grossing movie starring Jane Fonda because of her activities during the Vietnam War.

His decision has caused a stir, and not just among local movie fans.

Boutwell's story has been picked up by newspapers nationwide, including The Seattle Times, San Francisco Chronicle, New York Post and Roanoke Times. Boutwell has been approached to appear on several television shows and 10 to 15 radio shows.

"I really didn't think it would go out of Hardin County," said Boutwell, who owns the Movie Palace in Elizabethtown and Showtime Cinemas in Radcliff.

The media weren't the only ones trying to reach Boutwell. People have been calling at all hours to comment on his actions, he said.

"I hardly slept last night. My phone rang all night long," he said.

Boutwell said all of the calls and the many e-mails he has received have been positive.

The story seems to be flying via e-mail to Vietnam vets such as William Drew of Cordova, Tenn. He said it happens anytime that Jane Fonda makes headlines.

Drew said kids grow up thinking she's wonderful and worship of her hurts his feelings.

"She's a traitor to our country," he said.

Despite all the positive feedback, Boutwell said a couple of people who went to buy tickets for the movie were disappointed the theater wasn't showing it.

"I reckon those who think negative don't think negative enough to call," he said.

The number of calls impressed him because his office number isn't listed. He said people must have gone to a lot of trouble to get in touch with him.

Marnie Mowles of Marion, Mont., called the Elizabethtown-Hardin County Chamber of Commerce to get Boutwell's number. Her husband, Rick, who is a disabled Vietnam veteran, read about Boutwell's decision on the Roanoke Times' Web site.

Marnie Mowles said she has called their local theaters to ask them not to show the movie. They have not returned her calls.

Rick Mowles said it was time that someone stood up to what Fonda had done. He said if more people did things like this, actions like Fonda's wouldn't occur.

"When I see somebody stand up like that, I admire their courage," he said.

Rick Mowles said people who disapprove of Boutwell's actions probably aren't aware of Fonda's activities during the Vietnam War.

"They need to keep putting this story in the public so they don't forget what she did," he said.

Last week, Boutwell posted pictures of Fonda with a North Vietnamese anti-aircraft crew. Fonda visited America's enemy during the war to protest the country's involvement.

Bill Wilson of Austin, Texas, also had been trying to contact Boutwell to applaud his decision.

"I'm all for it," he said.

Wilson, a Vietnam veteran, said many people will never forgive or forget what Fonda did during the war.

"I'm not a big supporter of that woman at all," he said.

Despite all of the attention, Boutwell said he didn't do it for publicity.

"I owe it to myself and I owe it to my dead students not to show a movie that stars a traitor," he said. Boutwell trained pilots during the war.

Nonetheless, Boutwell said he is kind of glad it has gotten the publicity it has. It gives the people who dislike Fonda a way of speaking out about it.

Boutwell said he's not worried about losing busi-ness because the response has been so positive.

Not everyone, however, agrees with him.

Rodney England of Radcliff said the theater owner is singling out Fonda in a crowd of Hollywood-types who do drugs and cheat on their spouses. "It's kind of like forcing his opinion on us because he doesn't like Jane Fonda," he said.

England, who retired from the military, said he doesn't agree with Fonda's actions. But he said people make mistakes. "That was 30 years ago. She was a kid," he said.

England said he knows Boutwell has the right not to show the movie, but it means England's family can't see it anywhere in Hardin County. "It's kind of a hassle," he said. "A lot of people can't afford to go other places."

His wife, Amy, planned to watch "Monster-In-Law" with a friend, but she couldn't find a listing for it when she checked online movie times. "I was shocked," she said.

She doesn't think what Boutwell did is fair because he owns both of the county's theaters. "I understand he has an opinion, but we also have a right to see the movie," she said.

Kelly Richardson can be reached at 769-1200, Ext. 230, or email her at krichardson@thenewsenterprise. com. John Friedlein can be reached at 769-1200, Ext. 237, or e-mail him at jfriedlein@thenews enterprise.com.

Ellie

greensideout
05-19-05, 07:45 PM
From The Wall Street Journal, May 13, 2005.

Film review by Joe Morgenstern;

" At one point in "Monster-In-Law", Jennifer Lopez's lips swell up grotesquely, like a pair of sausages. That's because her character is allergic to nuts, but the movie itself is grotesque, and may drive you nuts as it makes you laugh, mostly at the stupidity of the thing."

end of quote.

Pass around the urinal stickers, it's time for intermission.

paquick
05-25-05, 11:18 AM
I WOULD HATE TO THINK THAT THIS MOVIE WOULD BE SHOWN ON BASE THEATRE'S,WHETHER IT BE ON A MARINE CORPS BASE,OR ON ANY OTHER UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT FACILITY.IT WOULD CERTAINLY BE A SLAP IN THE FACE TO MY HEROES OF THE WAR IN VIET-NAM!!
+++
SEMPER FI ALL
+++
WE WILL NEVER FORGET!

Toby M
05-25-05, 03:27 PM
I'd be interested in knowing the same thing paquick! I wonder if there is a way that we could find out if they are showing this flick at any Marine bases? I would sure write a letter to that base commander! I can't believe a Marine General would allow it to be shown (since most Generals should be close to Viet Nam era age).

USMCgrunt0331
05-25-05, 03:58 PM
Camp Lejeune, Camp Pendleton and Quantico bases are not showing the movie. You can check the movie listings of a base by going to www.mccsbasename.com i.e. www.mccscamplejeune.com and clicking on movie listings. At least the Marine Corps is boycotting the b!tch. Semper Fi

paquick
05-26-05, 10:10 AM
THANKS FOR THE INTELL GRUNT,DEFINATELY APPRECIATE IT!
+++
I COPY THAT TOBY,IF I HEAR OF ANY BASES SHOWING IT,I'LL DARN SURE DROP EM A LETTER!
+++
SEMPER FI ALL

Sundown
10-31-16, 07:29 PM
Unfortunately there is no way they would print what I really want to say about her. It starts with an F and involves a worthless female dog .

First day registered here , don't want to sound too radical.

Sundown
10-31-16, 07:32 PM
Hey Grunt , you planning on ROLLING THUNDER ?

Sundown
10-31-16, 07:40 PM
Does anyone else find it ironic that "Puff The Magic Dragon" is a moniker for the AC-130 Gunship?

An Anomalous Pentagon Bargain at only $130 million each!
Saved my colo that plane did .

Sundown
10-31-16, 07:47 PM
I was going to be a liberal for Halloween, but had to find something else. You see , I couldn't get my head up my Az.

advanced
11-01-16, 06:22 AM
Sundown, I like the way you think brother.

FistFu68
11-01-16, 03:00 PM
I'd mold a Prick outta a stick of C4 outta a satchel charge ram it uP her A$$ sit back w/hellbox as I'm singing the Marine Corps hymn and lite that Commie Ho uP ! Until then I'll just keep stickin...

silveradomick
11-01-16, 03:21 PM
Went to a training class at a state agency a few years ago and saw the funniest thing...in the urinals outside their classroom they had affixed a picture of Ms Fonda to the bottom of each one. Every swinging dick in that class got to **** on her repeatedly. It was glorious.

FistFu68
11-01-16, 03:32 PM
Yessir Marine now that's what Ya call a Head call Godspeed too Ya Go Easy Semper Fi :thumbup: :iwo:

oldtop
11-01-16, 03:48 PM
the only "great" Hanoi Jane story will be the one that appears as her obituary and provides info on the where and when of her funeral.... every living Vietnam Vet within 2000 miles will want to be there to join the "farewell to hell" line and pizz on her grave...

DaShadow
11-01-16, 04:10 PM
I'll be in that line, for sure. Screw Jane Fonda - Even "Snoopy" gets it.