PDA

View Full Version : Crash!

Psurichie
04-15-08, 11:35 PM
I was suposted to go to meps next thursday and get shiped out sortly there after. On Sunday morning I was in a bad car crash where i was ejected from the jeep. I got cuts all down my stomach and a couple deep ones that got stapled. No broken bones though. My question is do they have problem with scars? and do i have to wait 6 months or something? I will tell my recruter but he is on leave for alittle bit and It is burning me up. I just got out of the hospital an hour ago. Thanks

WKranz
04-15-08, 11:46 PM
When you declare all the medical stuff at MEPS, you will declare scars, etc. You may need to get your medical records, you may not.

I have no idea about a wait time, your recruiter will knwo all the dirt on that.

Bullpup
04-15-08, 11:47 PM
I am not a Marine and do not know the answers to your questions. I just want to say good luck to you. I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say we're glad you're okay. Let yourself heal and don't lose your motivation. I know it sucks though.

Hologram
04-16-08, 12:21 AM
My conjecture would be that you'd be deferred until you heal up, and you'll have to declare any remaining scars when you ship.

I believe the scars will also get you DQed from stuff like Silent Drill and Presidential Guard, but you may not want that anyway. So yeah, I believe the scars really only matter for special honour billets.

ianmusto
04-16-08, 01:30 AM
lacieratons arnt going to get you DQ'd as long as you can physically still perform, my guess is you should probly get documents from the hospital about the incident, and when your all healed up go get re evaulated and take those papers to meps with you

Artemis
04-16-08, 10:46 AM
It's no big deal I had a similar experience but it pushed back my ship date because I had all ready been to MEPS. Just make sure that your recruiter faxes copies of your medical reports to MEPS and just in case bring a copy with you.

Psurichie
04-16-08, 02:12 PM
SO you guys think that when i get the staples out and the doc clears me for work I should be gtg? Thanks a lot for the help

Zulu 36
04-16-08, 03:40 PM
Weren't wearing your seat belt, eh?

rvillac2
04-16-08, 03:50 PM
LEOS think alike. ; )

Psurichie
04-16-08, 04:47 PM
I dont think so. But I dont remember anything. I woke up in a helicopter.

Zulu 36
04-16-08, 06:12 PM
I dont think so. But I dont remember anything. I woke up in a helicopter.

Well, learn anything from this experience?

Echo_Four_Bravo
04-16-08, 09:33 PM
The scars aren't going to hold you back. I was in a motocross accident that ended up with me getting over 500 stitches in my right arm and leg. Not one word was said about it by anyone at MEPS. Scars don't keep you from performing, so they won't care about them.

Just remember, not wearing your seatbelt while you're in the Marines and being in an accident like this can actually get you into trouble.

Psurichie
04-19-08, 09:43 AM
Does anyone have any advise how i can stay in shape while I am down. I cant do much of anything. I got pretty banged up. I cant run or do pull ups or situps. I try to allways where my seatbelt I was in an accident when i was like 16 and my seatbelt saved me so I always wore it after it but who know what happend here. Thanks for all the help and advise.

Echo_Four_Bravo
04-19-08, 12:14 PM
You have to let your body heal. If you can't run or do pull ups then you can't do much else. The more rest you get the quicker your body will recover. So, just wait it out and start working out again when you can.

jrhd97
04-19-08, 03:43 PM
If you are in good shape now, then when your body is healed up it won't take long to get it back. Just allow your body time to heal up.