PDA

View Full Version : Looking for 'old' MP gear

Brianhipwell
04-15-08, 03:27 PM
I'm in the process of recreating an MP uniform that I wore in 1965. The 'duty' belt was a white cartridge belt with brass furniture. The buckle was of heavy brass with removeable emblem (for shining ). The emblem was attached to the plate by two screw posts. On the belt was worn a white 'diaper' to slide the .45 holster into and then attached onto the belt via the holster hook. The belt also carried the white night stick holder which just slid onto the belt.
The headgear was a white helmet liner that had a scarlet ( red ) stripe bordered on each side by a gold ( yellow ) stripe. the stripe went almost around the liner but left a space to attach a large brass emblem. On the left sleeve was worn 4 inch red band with large MP sewn on. It had no means of attachment except by safety pin. However, many of us had elastic bands sewn on. This was well before MP was a real MOS. It was only a temporary MOS then and it OJT.

I have the helmet liner, white night stick and MP armband, and the buckle. I'm just looking for the elusive white belt, diaper, and night stick holder.

Brian Hipwell
CPL
USMC 1965-71

O.R. Davis
04-16-08, 01:21 PM
Brian, Call Jess @ (760) 725-4688 MCCS Camp Pendleton and order the Buckle & Brass. I didn't ask about the Belt, but I think you can find one @ marlowwhite.com Any problems call me.

SSgt O.R. Davis USAFSP (Ret)
Sgt USMC 1963-1971
Starkeeper07@yahoo.com
(509) 935-8996

"The Marines I have observed around the world, have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever come across. Thank God for the United States Marine Corp's" Eleanor Roosevelt 1944

Sgt Leprechaun
04-18-08, 12:02 PM
Brian:

Is this what you are looking for?

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/uploads//monthly_04_2008/msg-31-1208460820.jpg

Drop Jaroslav Jochman a line at jochman@yahoo.com. He's not a Marine so he can't post here, but he's a stand up guy, USMC Collector, who will give you a good deal.

O.R. Davis
04-18-08, 12:43 PM
Brian Hipwell is looking for the equipment. I found the stuff I was looking for @ marlowwhite.com & MCCS Camp Pendleton. Thanks for the Reply!
Semper Fi Brother!