PDA

View Full Version : Sending a Piece of Home Overseas

thedrifter
04-15-08, 04:09 AM
Sending a Piece of Home Overseas

Shannon Sensenig doesn't have a sweet tooth... he buys bags and bags of candy to send to sweet tooths serving overseas.
"I just love our country. And for the men and women who are making sacrifices for us, it's the least I can do for them," says Sensenig.
When Sensenig's best friend joined the Marines, he knew he wanted to do something to support our troops.
So he and his sister, Becky, shop for candy and other fun items to send to six Marines and one Navy doctor.
And it all comes out of Sensenig's pocket!
"We write letters and send packages with shaving cream, socks, whatever their special needs are," says Sensenig.
Perhaps the most personal part of the process is the sending and receiving of letters.
With these, Sensenig gets a glimpse of who these men and women really are...and how things are going in Iraq.
"Everytime I get a letter back, it makes me feel better about what I'm doing," said Sensenig.
Sensenig has created a "support our service men and women" website where you can get more information about how to help him reach out to our troops. His website is http://www.sosmw.com/.

Ellie