PDA

View Full Version : Space at MCT

Laz
04-14-08, 09:07 PM
Im leaving for MCT in the morning and i have a decentley packed seabag and body bag. I also have a backpack with my laptop and a couple books. Will i have enough space to keep the backpack or am i gonna have to have my parents ship some of my stuff when im at my MOS school? thanks

ZSKI
04-14-08, 09:24 PM
You will store everything away and you will only take maybe a book and your issue into the field thats about it.

Laz
04-14-08, 09:31 PM
so it wouldnt be a problem if i brought along a backpack and stored it? i just plan on using the laptop during liberty and read during my spare time

Wyoming
04-14-08, 09:39 PM
Nope - take nothing.

Wait until school or you hit the fleet.

Could be wrong, but I bet not.

PatriotGirl422
04-15-08, 10:41 AM
Yeah don't bring all your personal stuff to MCT. Save that for MOS school. You're not at MCT for too long anyway, and it'll probably just get lost or damaged. Just have your parents send it to you when you get to school.

Enigmatic
04-15-08, 10:45 AM
Theft was a problem when I went through MCT in '04. So much for Marines never lie cheat and STEAL. But while the majority of us are outstanding citizens, we all know there's always those few that just don't care.

Crusader20
04-15-08, 12:05 PM
I agree with most of the other.
As a prior instructor for MCT, i would only take the necessities.

there are some Marines that have "sticky" fingers and your trash will "walk away"

testforecho2112
04-15-08, 12:49 PM
Laz,

When I went through MCT, we didnt have wall lockers, we left behind all of our gear in our seabags, locked to our racks. You might be better off leaving anything you dont want to lose at home...If you cant take it to the field, dont bring it!

ZSKI
04-15-08, 03:27 PM
of all things i got my phone charger stolen in mct. Last night there our cells got release left to take a **** my phone lying there and the charger missing. <br />
<br />
As for expensive stuff like electronics...