PDA

View Full Version : Dd214...

Sam331
04-14-08, 07:26 PM
Hey there Marines and Poolees, this question is more for the Marines on the board but Poolees if you have first hand knowledge on the situation feel free to chim in. Well I've been working on getting...

Camper51
04-14-08, 07:29 PM
You can request copies of your DD-214 from the government but it will take several months for them to get it back to you...

Sam331
04-14-08, 07:49 PM
Several months ...jesus. I just dont understand how a man in such high position can misplace such important documents. **** If I have to go down to that office Im going to have a field day in there. I will find those documents, I will tear that office apart. By the way thank you Camper51 for the intel

Xebec
04-14-08, 07:49 PM
I have no personal experience but I'm in the office a lot and there are a lot of people that come by looking for how they can get a hold of their dd214s. My recruiters say that they are all filed in some army secured place, or something like that, and that they are almost impossible to get a hold of, but they always say to go through VA. Who knows?

Echo_Four_Bravo
04-14-08, 08:46 PM
The only thing I can add is that it may be possible for your recruiter to get another copy more quickly than you could yourself. Stay on him until he replaces what he lost.

Sam331
04-14-08, 09:13 PM
Alright Echo Four Bravo I'll try that , that's exactly what my mom said I should do. Im going to his office tomorrow at 10 AM to see if we can locate it, if not he will be replacing it.

DGardner
04-14-08, 09:22 PM
Discharge Processing Unit on Parris Island SC <br />
1 (843) 228-3443 <br />
<br />
IF that doesn't work. <br />
<br />
Write to: <br />
(include your FULL Name, SSN, and Date of Birth.) <br />
<br />
Commandant of the Marine Corps <br />
Code MMSB 20

Seoke
04-14-08, 09:30 PM
ACTUALLY it doesnt take long only about a week or two to get the paperwork once you put it in. Do what Gardner said (go to the website at the bottom and have your recruiter fax in the paperwork) the recruiter can help you get it. Thats what I had to do to get my personell jacket so I could join =P Took about 1 2/3 a week to get here.

DGardner
04-14-08, 09:43 PM
CALL PARRIS ISLAND FIRST!!!

ACTUALLY it doesnt take long only about a week or two to get the paperwork once you put it in. Do what Gardner said (go to the website at the bottom and have your recruiter fax in the paperwork) the recruiter can help you get it. Thats what I had to do to get my personell jacket so I could join =P Took about 1 2/3 a week to get here.

Sam331
04-14-08, 09:54 PM
Thanks everyone for the info before I head to recruiting office im going to give Parris Island a call, see what they say . If they can send it to me that'll be great I can do 1-2 weeks even though I wanted to ship out by then. No biggie, just want to have my DD214s back lol .

Nez46
04-16-08, 11:26 AM
Yeah call PI. Im not sure if you can get them better there is a place you can call to get pass records but you have to talk to a prior service recruiter.

DGardner
04-16-08, 04:21 PM
Yes, you can get them from PI, they retain them for a certain amount of time. Best I can remember it's 2 years.