PDA

View Full Version : Amount of years to serve when joining corps

hoorahusmc1
04-13-08, 03:41 PM
Question: What is the minimum ammount of years for new Marines recruits to sign up for?

sgt tony
04-13-08, 05:08 PM
Please fill out your profile and you might a answer

wannabeusmc2
04-13-08, 05:27 PM
4 active and 4 non-active is what i was told by my recruiter, but i saw somewhere on here 0311 has a 6 year active? does anyone know if this is true?

Seyborg
04-13-08, 05:51 PM
Alot of infantryget 6 year contracts. Also, reservists sometimes do as well.

Every military contract has a binding period of 8 years. A portion of that contract is served as active/reserve and the rest is served as ready reserve or aka non-active. (this does not mean you are a reservist).

yellowwing
04-13-08, 05:58 PM
Yes, read the Poolee Rules (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29048) and all sticky posts. This is required for all.

Wyoming
04-13-08, 06:05 PM
WTF did wannabeusmc2 & Seyborg even answer after an E-6 commented about filling out a profile.

Oh wait, I know, they wanna show how smart they are!!

Sheeit!!!

Seyborg
04-13-08, 06:07 PM
No sir!

Just eager to help.

To be honest I did not see "fill out profile" until I read your post. Sorry Sir.

Fill out your profile, easy to do. Marines here will ive you trouble until you do!

edit: Wow I'm off*** today. Didn't even read the whole thread.

davblay
04-13-08, 06:08 PM
WTF did wannabeusmc2 & Seyborg even answer after an E-6 commented about filling out a profile.

Oh wait, I know, they wanna show how smart they are!!

Sheeit!!!

Poolees, we don't answer questions until the rules are read and understood! DO YOU BOTH UNDERSTAND? Say "AYE SIR"! :evilgrin:

Seyborg
04-13-08, 06:11 PM
Aye Sir

ExplicitReality
04-13-08, 06:39 PM
i believe its 8 years if you go active, as myself on my i chose to be active, so its 4 years of active duty and 4 years of inactive duty.

jrhd97
04-13-08, 06:44 PM
At one time they let you do 3 active plus inactive time. Don't know if they still offer that.

Wyoming
04-13-08, 06:58 PM
i believe its 8 years if you go active, as myself on my i chose to be active, so its 4 years of active duty and 4 years of inactive duty.

Jeez!! Another non-post reading baby boy!!

The Marine, well, he's a Marine, but not an excuse!!

wannabeusmc2
04-13-08, 07:39 PM
AYE AYE SIR!

I failed to see your post before i posted mine.

jackson07
04-13-08, 08:44 PM
Poolees and Wannabes- If you do not know the answer stop giving advice or comments. Unless you are 100% sure stop answering questions. Especially after someone was told to fill out their profile and then try again.

249gunner
04-13-08, 09:01 PM
thats it, send em to the pit!

davblay
04-14-08, 01:40 AM
I agree with my fellow Marines on this subject. The original poster was told to read the rules and finish his profile, then he would get his answers. I know you poolees/wannabees want to help but it isn't help if you do not know the answer and you post what you think or have heard! Having said that I say again "POOLEES/WANNABEES KEEP YOUR PIE HOLE SHUT WHEN THE POSTER HAS BEEN TOLD TO FILL OUT HIS PROFILE, CHECK IT BEFORE YOU POST, THEN MAKE SURE YOU KNOW THE ANSWER BEFORE YOU MAKE A FOOL OF YOURSELF"! "DO YOU MAGGOTS UNDERSTAND THAT?" Say "AYE SIR!" :evilgrin:

That is all, carry on!

Dave

Old Marine
04-14-08, 08:33 AM
Some Marines on this forum seem to be making very poor excuses for a Marine Corps Drill Instructor. If you want to be a Drill Instructor go to Drill Instructor School, then you can sound like a Drill Instructor. But you have to pay the price.