PDA

View Full Version : MOS Description

Auwe76
04-13-08, 12:46 AM
Does anyone have a resource (i.e. Website, etc.) that gives a description of the individual MOS'? Or perhaps a test of some sort (pre asvab) that could lead me in the right direction for my MOS? And, in case you were wondering, yes I do plan on talking to a recruiter and soon, but I would just like to go in there with some idea of what I'd like to do.

Respectfully,
A. West

Hologram
04-13-08, 12:58 AM
usmilitary.about.com

Search around there. It has answers for most everything you want. You may need to clarify things here though...

Seoke
04-13-08, 01:00 AM
Google Marine Corps MOS Information =/

Hologram
04-13-08, 01:06 AM
Google Marine Corps MOS Information =/Mmhmm. First thing you'll learn about here is to make an attempt to exhaust your searching capabilities before you actually speak the question.

TypeOrange
04-13-08, 01:16 AM
http://usmilitary.about.com/od/enlistedjo2/a/marinejobs.htm

Hope this helps you mate.

Auwe76
04-13-08, 01:20 AM
You are right, I should've searched a little better concerning the descriptions, thanks for the heads up. Anyone have any idea about the test though?

Hologram
04-13-08, 01:43 AM
You are right, I should've searched a little better concerning the descriptions, thanks for the heads up. Anyone have any idea about the test though?Yeah, look through the list of MOSs and see if there are any that jump out at you. My top three were infantry, armour/amphibious assault, and musician.

Then take the ASVAB and if there's an opening and you have the proper line scores and security clearance for the MOS sign up for it.

sawatzke82
04-13-08, 01:55 AM
The ASVAB is supposed to be set along the lines of of a 10th grade education. Most libraries will have a practice test booklet you could check out so look around. Your scores could help you choose an MOS that suites you.

Hercules1944
04-13-08, 03:08 AM
Go for MOS 5811. Best job in the Corps! Also; a great field to enter after the Corps. You gotta do your own leg work though. Ask a recruiter what the hell I am talking about.