PDA

View Full Version : Echo Four Bravo...

crazydimes85
04-12-08, 06:45 PM
Hello, I understand from your posts that you enlisted in the Marines with a waiver for asthma. My question is, what did you have to do to get this waiver? And also, was the process a situation where if you kept going and didn't take "no" for an answer you would eventually get the waiver?

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your help.

P.S. I tried to send this to you as a private message, but you inbox was full.

Echo_Four_Bravo
04-12-08, 06:55 PM
The process has changed since I enlisted, so I don't know exactly what you would have to do now. All I had to do was submit the results of a Pulmonary Function Test and then wait a little while. It really wasn't that difficult to do at all. I guess it was possible to get the waiver without the test, but slightly more difficult. From doing a quick search, it looks as if the policy changed in 2004. In 2004 there was no one declined for a waiver that had a normal PFT. However, a high percentage of those without the test were declined.

You could also have your doctor give you a Methacholine Challenge Test. If you pass that you shouldn't have any difficulties.

I cleaned out my inbox, so if you want more information, feel free tom PM me.

crazydimes85
04-12-08, 07:01 PM
Thanks a lot! I passed a PFT just in the past few months so that is great to hear.

Thank you

usmc2007
04-12-08, 07:08 PM
Echo Four Bravo, i have been to MCRDPI already and got a discharge for what they called Asthma. But this past March i took a PFT and it came back normal. Then i called the Gunny down at the RSS and...

rvillac2
04-12-08, 07:52 PM
Keep calling. Perhaps go down there. You could also try going up the chain of command.

usmc2007
04-12-08, 08:06 PM
thanks Sgt.. I think im going to just go down there with my DD214 and tell him that i want to go back to MEPS ASAP, and then go back to MCRDPI. I want to go back so bad because i cant stand being a "nasty civillian", as the Drill Instructors like to call it. Thanks for the advice, if anybody has anything else to add, send me a PM. (i dont feel right taking over this person's forum)