PDA

View Full Version : Ist

rsox353
04-11-08, 01:24 PM
I ran the mile and a half in ten minutes and thirty seconds. I can do fifty four sit ups in two minutes. I can only do 2-3 pull ups though. I am 5'-7", I weigh 184 lbs, and I am 18 years old. My pullups dropped do to a shoulder injury (in september i was able to do 5-6 pull-ups and weighed 176 lbs. What happens if i go to PI and only do 1 pull up in my IST?

phantasm
04-11-08, 01:28 PM
Not being a Marine, but I think the minimum to pass on the IST is 2 pull ups. Marines, correct me if needed.

JoeInVille
04-11-08, 01:34 PM
It doesnt matter what you do on your first IST but you have to be able to pass every part of the IST to ship to PI. If you cant do every part of the IST at PI then you go into PCP but it depends on what your recruiters wants and if he even wants to ship you when you cant complete the IST before Boot Camp.

drwilkinson
04-11-08, 01:56 PM
I ran the mile and a half in ten minutes and thirty seconds. I can do fifty four sit ups in two minutes. I can only do 2-3 pull ups though. I am 5'-7", I weigh 184 lbs, and I am 18 years old. My pullups dropped do to a shoulder injury (in september i was able to do 5-6 pull-ups and weighed 176 lbs. What happens if i go to PI and only do 1 pull up in my IST?

If you fail any portion of the IST you will get sent to PCP. End of story.