PDA

View Full Version : ELS at MCT

blancasadam
04-11-08, 12:23 PM
I've got a question for yall: If i get ELS'd at MCT, would i pick up where i left off or would i get set back?

Camper51
04-11-08, 12:31 PM
What's an ELS???

Why would you be concerned about something that should not happen???

Go do your training, do it right, and get on with life as a Marine.

As with ANY training, if you do not complete the cycle you will be dropped and recycled, however dropping in MOS training may just get you sent to the fleet as a reject.

This isn't bootcamp now, you are a real Marine and will be treated as such...

blancasadam
04-11-08, 12:32 PM
I'm expecting a son in the next few weeks, actually any day now and i leave for MCT on tuesday

bucksgted
04-11-08, 01:50 PM
I'm expecting a son in the next few weeks, actually any day now and i leave for MCT on tuesday
Adam, I can understand your eagerness to see your "new son", but try to work something out. Will your son be born in Houston (Deer Park)? Where is your Avionics MOS school? Talk to your RSS and see if they can assist you with an Assistant's job for 30 days. Use your weekends to go see your new son. If you were in the sand box, I doubt you'd get emergency leave. Get busy cause it isn't long between now and Tuesday. You've had nine months to plan this, so get your arshe in gear.

Just don't make any foolish or short term decisions, Marine.

Ed

blancasadam
04-11-08, 07:51 PM
Adam, I can understand your eagerness to see your "new son", but try to work something out. Will your son be born in Houston (Deer Park)? Where is your Avionics MOS school? Talk to your RSS and see if they can assist you with an Assistant's job for 30 days. Use your weekends to go see your new son. If you were in the sand box, I doubt you'd get emergency leave. Get busy cause it isn't long between now and Tuesday. You've had nine months to plan this, so get your arshe in gear.

Just don't make any foolish or short term decisions, Marine.

Ed
Thank you for the advice/reality check devil, sometimes its what you need the most

Avazina
04-11-08, 09:23 PM
I could tell you how to go about getting an ENTRY LEVEL SEPARATION, but I won't; going for an ELS is something you may regret for the rest of your life... DON'T DO IT!!!!