PDA

View Full Version : Just out of curiosity

destroytocreate
04-11-08, 12:31 AM
On average of course, how many recruits will drop out/quit recruit training?

Sam331
04-11-08, 12:39 AM
Numbers vary, you have those dropped from IST who for some reason decide to come to bootcamp unfit, then those who get injured, then those who unk on range. The numbers vary per platoon size, but I'd say after those dropped from IST less then 8 will be dropped for any other reason. This all will lead to you being recycled, meaning starting training over, in the words of my DI Sgt.Hudson , "Thats some demotivating trash" for the quitting its impossible to quit, fastest way off the island is to graduate :) and its the most rewarding.

davblay
04-11-08, 12:40 AM
18%

outlaw3179
04-11-08, 02:04 AM
34.523%

nsx
04-11-08, 02:35 AM
Swim Qual knocked many out of my unit.

drwilkinson
04-11-08, 09:15 AM
we had 6 recruits drop in a course of a week. Our count started around the high 70's and low 80's, we graduated with 57 recruits. It depends, but there will be a few.

Reagan
04-11-08, 09:32 AM
Is it usually because of injuries, or just not being able to mentally/emotionally handle it?

I have to admit my biggest worry is stuff that's beyond your control, like getting a really bad sickness or breaking a bone and getting sent home because of it. Still I'd rather go to bootcamp, give it my best, and break a leg rather than spend the rest of my life without trying at all. I just hope I DON'T get super sick or break something.

PatriotGirl422
04-11-08, 09:42 AM
According to the video they show you at boot camp, I think it said 6% of males and 12% of females never graduate. However, just because you get dropped doesn't mean you won't graduate. You'll just get sent back a couple weeks if you get sick and miss some training. If you get really hurt, you might be out of the game for a few months, but they'll rarely send you home unless you're seriously hurt. Most people who get dropped are because of the IST or for getting sick/hurt. Not too many people get dropped for their inability to adapt.
We started out with 84 recruits, got down to 72 after the IST, had some pick ups at the rifle range (we got 6 recruits who failed to qualify). We kept that number until graduation and ended up always having between 77-80 recruits.

Artemis
04-11-08, 10:07 AM
I was in a platoon full of turds, we had 12 suicide attempts. I don't remember the numbers but we dropped a lot of girls but then picked up a couple to.

xRaVeNx
04-11-08, 11:07 AM
Being sent home because of failing the IST?!?!

So, for instance, if you do the pull ups, and the situps, yet are unable to do the run in the allotted time?

They'll still send you home?!?

nsx
04-11-08, 11:13 AM
Being sent home because of failing the IST?!?!

So, for instance, if you do the pull ups, and the situps, yet are unable to do the run in the allotted time?

They'll still send you home?!?

Not always! You may be sent to PCP [Pork Chop Platoon] to get into shape. The running gets many people but the key is to focus on something pleasant while you do the run but keeping a good pace.

xRaVeNx
04-11-08, 11:20 AM
Not always! You may be sent to PCP [Pork Chop Platoon] to get into shape. The running gets many people but the key is to focus on something pleasant while you do the run but keeping a good pace.

Whooa...I was sort of worried...I'm not fat or anything, actually skinny, just dont have high endurance/stamina.

Artemis
04-11-08, 12:15 PM
I was not a runner bu any means but I was not about to be held back for that so I made sure my butt was across that finish line with time to spare.

Camper51
04-11-08, 01:14 PM
Whooa...I was sort of worried...I'm not fat or anything, actually skinny, just dont have high endurance/stamina.

You WILL have by the time you graduate, ha ha ha ha

It is all about mind over matter. If you don't mind the pain, It don 't matter....

Camper51
04-11-08, 01:16 PM
Oh yeah, we started with 80 recruits and graduated 79. Had two drops and one pick up in a platoon full of draftees in 1968/1969...

Cash2053
04-11-08, 04:47 PM
My platoon started with 59 and gruduated 39. The rest were recycled or dropped.