PDA

View Full Version : Boot Schedule

Auwe76
04-10-08, 10:30 PM
Would someone mind telling me about the boot camp schedule, I cant seem to find it.... Specifically, I'd like to know what time recruits wake and go to sleep, just to get into the schedule beforehand. Thanks a lot.

Respectfully,
A. West

Hoplite
04-10-08, 10:42 PM
I found this on Wikipedia so I can't confirm on how accurate this info is.
A typical day in Marine Corps boot camp generally follows this schedule (physical training is only done on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday):<SUP class=reference id=cite_ref-0>[1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Marine_Corps_Boot_Camp#cite_note-0)</SUP>
<TABLE class=wikitable><TBODY><TR><TH>Time</TH><TH>Activity</TH><TH>Description</TH></TR><TR><TD align=middle>5:00AM</TD><TD align=middle>Wake-up</TD><TD align=left>Wake up and perform personal morning tasks. For males, shaving is mandatory every morning.</TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle>5:10AM</TD><TD align=middle>Fall-in</TD><TD align=left>Line up in company area, perform morning physical training (calisthenics (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calisthenics) and running (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Running)).</TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle>6:30AM</TD><TD align=middle>Morning chow</TD><TD align=middle></TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle>8:30AM</TD><TD align=middle>Training</TD><TD align=left>Begin the day's scheduled training exercises.</TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle>12:00PM</TD><TD align=middle>Noon chow</TD><TD align=middle></TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle>1:00PM</TD><TD align=middle>Training</TD><TD align=left>Continue the day's scheduled training exercises.</TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle>5:00PM</TD><TD align=middle>Evening chow</TD><TD align=middle></TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle>6:00PM</TD><TD align=middle>Drill instructor time</TD><TD align=left>Time for drill instructors to talk to the recruits about any subject they may think requires attention.
Mail call is also performed during this time.
</TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle>8:30PM</TD><TD align=middle>Personal time</TD><TD align=left>Time for recruits to engage in personal activities, such as writing letters, working out, doing laundry, or shaving.
Recruits may also catch up on platoon duties during this time, such as barracks cleaning or boot shining.
</TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle>9:30PM</TD><TD align=middle>Lights-out</TD><TD align=left>Time for recruits to sleep.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

dutch1291
04-10-08, 10:45 PM
Thanks for posting that, Hoplite.

Auwe76
04-10-08, 10:50 PM
yea thanks a lot. much appreciated!

rvillac2
04-10-08, 11:12 PM
Not sure how accurate that is. When I was in, reveille was at 0530 during the training cycle. 8 hours of sleep exactly.

FranksJL
04-11-08, 05:01 AM
Now its 0400, with lights at 2000.

Quinbo
04-11-08, 05:43 AM
Not sure if things are different now but I had no clue what time it was throughout a training day. The only time you ever had any idea what time it was was during fire watch. We carried a watch and passed it from firewatch to firewatch. You marked the hour and every recruit banged on the duty hatch and said sir the time on deck is 0100 hours. "Carry on!!!"

When the lights came on it was morning. March to chow. 15 minutes later drill or pt till you're ready to shoot your own feet off. Noon chow. 15 minutes later classes; personal hygeine, history, weapon assembly and disassembly, first aid etc. (stay awake). Evening chow. Drill until you want to puke then more pt. .... must be about time for rack ops. Hygeine time, square away time, evening inspection. You have no freaking clue what time it is throughout the day until you are handed the watch for fire watch... watch the watch LOL. Usually the guide or house mouse has the last watch so even at revellie you have no idea what time it is. Then the next day is groundhog day all over again.

bgsuwoody
04-11-08, 01:27 PM
Exactly Sgt. Quinn. You will have no idea what time it is during the day. You will feel it in your bones that it is almost chow time or whatever, but nothing in recruit training is set in stone. You might have training time, or whatever, but due to weather and **** you will be forced to do something else and anything can change chow time...if the DI's wanna kill you they will and you will be last to chow and have little time. Screw the schedules and just know that you get up early, give 110%, and go to bed...simple as that.

Seyborg
04-11-08, 01:31 PM
Is it true your only PT every other day? Doesn't seem likely!

Seoke
04-11-08, 10:40 PM
http://www.mcrdpi.usmc.mil/training/matrix/index.asp Have fun It's the same for both MCRDs

bgsuwoody
04-11-08, 10:50 PM
You'll be lucky to PT TWICE a week...you will not get as much PT as you want in boot, but everyday will be a workout...believe me.

Sam331
04-12-08, 02:13 AM
Well when I was there in Nov of 07 we would go to sleep at around 8 or 9 then wake up at either 4 or 5 am. Depends somedays they would be generous to give us an extra hour of sleep I think it was either on Sundays or holidays but dont really remember. You dont have to worry about falling into a sleeping scheldue each day will wear you out and as soon as you finally allowed to lay down (which should usually be the only time you ever lay down) you will probably shoot the **** with your fellow recruits for a little before you pass out. Some people fall asleep quick but a lot of the recruits would like to talk and make fun of what happened that day (helps dealing with the stress also builds up the brotherhood). That would usually happen for about 30min to say an hour at most after lights out, then everyone would magically be snoring or shouting "Aye Sir!" or something lol. As your days go, live each day chow by chow and each week sunday by sunday. Some days will be long but you'll learn the scheldue quick. What you should be preparing yourself for is the cold showers lmao. Those sucked big time. I read constant topics about how to prepare physically, trying having 5 minutes ( which in reality is less lmao) to shower in freezing cold water. Hot water is a luxury if you get it lol. So start taking cold showers now my friend :)

Quinbo
04-12-08, 04:15 AM
Ok I thought I had seen it all. Now we have a "Marine Friend" telling poolees what bootcamp is like. Sam331 you are completely wrong on nearly every statement you made. You need to tell your imaginary friend about boot camp and leave it to the Marines to tell about what it is really like.

Covey_Rider
04-12-08, 07:14 AM
When you are told to sleep you will sleep. When you are told to wake up...you will. Your schedule will be whatever you are told to do, when you're told to do it. It's really quite simple. Not a thing you can do to prepare yourself for the day to day lifestyle that you will have in boot camp.

Master Sephiroth
04-12-08, 07:43 AM
Nothing is "By the book" in boot camp, am I correct?

Echo_Four_Bravo
04-12-08, 02:06 PM
Boot camp is the most by the book place you'll ever be. You wake up when you're supposed to wake up, you eat when it is time to eat, you pee when it is time to pee. Every moment is scheduled. (That is a small part of why you're always rushing to do everything.)

Once you leave boot camp you're no longer promised 3 meals a day or 8 hours of sleep a night.

Sam331
04-12-08, 03:47 PM
Ok I thought I had seen it all. Now we have a "Marine Friend" telling poolees what bootcamp is like. Sam331 you are completely wrong on nearly every statement you made. You need to tell your imaginary friend about boot camp and leave it to the Marines to tell about what it is really like.

No disrespect Sgt. but I never updated my status from when I DEP in to when I shipped, 1BN B Co Plt.1012 SDI SSgt. Esparza-Perez , I was dropped on the range. Everything I stated in my first post was absolutely correct. Although I didn't complete boot, I did 2 months and am willing to help out poolees on what I learned from those 2 months.

RYDERKUR
04-12-08, 03:49 PM
No disrespect Sgt. but I never updated my status from when I DEP in to when I shipped, 1BN B Co Plt.1012 SDI SSgt. Esparza-Perez , I was dropped on the range. Everything I stated in my first post was absolutely correct. Although I didn't complete boot, I did 2 months and am willing to help out poolees on what I learned from those 2 months.

Well, are you going back, you made it that far???

Sam331
04-12-08, 04:07 PM
Without a doubt Im going back lol. I miss Parris Island, I look at it as my real home where my family awaits me. I've already started the paperwork process and my recruiter said he's working on my waiver now. I just want to ship out ASAP. I've got to finish what I started.

RYDERKUR
04-12-08, 04:21 PM
You've got the heart, go and get it, nothing less than the Eagle, Globe, and Anchor

SGT7477
04-12-08, 06:18 PM
That schedule is funny never happen people,lol.

bgsuwoody
04-13-08, 12:59 AM
Hey Sam I had SGT. Esparza Perez as a DI when I was in bootcamp back in 2007. I am sure it is the same Marine. He is an awesome man and taught me an amazing amount even for being Motor-T. Hopefully I'll meet up with him later in my Marine Corps career

Sam331
04-13-08, 02:38 AM
That man is amazing, everytime I saw him walk in a room or something he always had this glow, just seeing him was motivating . Put a smile to my face, when he was promoted to SSgt. My platoon congratulated him and he tried his best not to smirk but he couldnt stop it lol. Really is an extraordinary man, I too hope to see him again in my life. To just thank him, and shake his hand, he had a lot of faith in my and never gave up. He's funny as hell too. I remember once I walked into his house, to speak with him, and he just had this rubber band cocked back like he was going to launch it at me, and he kept it on me for a good minute everywhere i moved he moved so it would hit me. Was hard as hell not to laugh at that. Bgsuwoody you would happen to have had D'Arce in your Plt? He's one of my close friends and he too had SSgt.Esparza-Perez but back when he was a Sgt. and when he was a heavy hat. Plt.1092 was his platoon.

rundegrun
04-13-08, 09:53 AM
For us (2nd RTBN, G Company), the "bang on senior's house" time was usually 0300, and lights was 0400 and 2000. You definitely got your 8 hours unless you had firewatch, or goofed off after lights. Our senior (and i think most of the Golf Company seniors for that matter) put out the training calendar for everyone to see, so you usually knew what was coming up.

bgsuwoody
04-13-08, 10:25 AM
Holy ****, you are friends with D'Arce, man haven't seen him in a while. Used to be a squad leader for a time with me. I was in 1092 as well.

ttracker65
04-13-08, 10:52 AM
as to the PT 3 Day's a week that is not including the PIT that happens every time the D.I. has the opertunity and when there is no opertunity. To test this theory out at your first Chow call be last in formation and let me know how it goes. Or when you hear "On the road" tell the D.I. that you are busy!
hahahahahahaha
prove me wrong and try it out and if i am wrong when you get back as a Marine i will give you the pleasure of putting me in the sandbox for 20 minuites.
hahahahahahah
PT 3 day's a week wow

Seyborg
04-13-08, 11:15 AM
That's what I was thinking Cpl. Seemed unlikely.

Sam331
04-13-08, 04:00 PM
Holy ****, you are friends with D'Arce, man haven't seen him in a while. Used to be a squad leader for a time with me. I was in 1092 as well.

Yeah if you go to my myspace you'll see he's the last one on my top . Yeah he told me he was squad leader till someone wrote on the bathroom wall or something and they fired all squad leaders. I saw him when he came back, we had a long talk since I told him I was planning on leaving, and he motivated me so much I left like 12 days later lol. Wish I woulda kept that moto though :( probably would've finished what I started. But no point in reminising (sp?) about the past just have to get my paperwork done and ship out again :D D'Arce still keeps in touch with me through myspace, Ima have to let him know i've been in contact with one of his fellow squad leaders lol .

rundegrun
04-13-08, 07:17 PM
as to the PT 3 Day's a week that is not including the PIT that happens every time the D.I. has the opertunity and when there is no opertunity. To test this theory out at your first Chow call be last in formation and let me know how it goes. Or when you hear "On the road" tell the D.I. that you are busy!
hahahahahahaha
prove me wrong and try it out and if i am wrong when you get back as a Marine i will give you the pleasure of putting me in the sandbox for 20 minuites.
hahahahahahah
PT 3 day's a week wow

We averaged 2 days a week of pt.. I don't count the o course or confidence course as pt, but it was so rare to do those it wasn't even funny. If you could do 3 pull ups, you could easily get by, as the only things they'll drop you for now are injuries, the PFT, and the rifle range.