PDA

View Full Version : Fraternization?

SgtWTF
04-10-08, 08:38 PM
I am writing this because I have done my research and the UCMJ is very vague from what I found on fraternization. I am a semi new Sgt. My girlfriend is a LCpl. We've known each other for almost 3 years and are the same age. I have climbed the ranks faster because she had some bad luck and got demoted for possession of alcohol when she was underage. Usually situations like this are pretty clear cut right? Well we are in the same unit but I am not in her chain of command at all, I do not see or influence her Pro/Con marks. She is actually attached to a sub unit 20 min away. Marriage is on the horizon and we are both concerned our command will not give their best wishes. We are planning to wait till she picks up Cpl, but the concern is when we apply for leave and have the same leave address so she can come home and meet my parents. I was hoping for some insight and any information on this. I'm sure I might get alot of negative posts about being a Sgt and I should know better. If I were in her direct chain of command and she was 18-19 year old LCpl Showershoe giving her the idea of quick promotions by dating a Sgt I would understand, but this clearly is a problem with shades of grey.

-Semper Fi:usmc: