PDA

View Full Version : Promotion

rambHOE
04-10-08, 07:07 PM
How many kills does it take to get to Sargeant in RL, Because I was playing some COD 4 and its taking quite a while to get to that rank.

Jonny Destroyer
04-10-08, 07:11 PM
How many kills does it take to get to Sargeant in RL, Because I was playing some COD 4 and its taking quite a while to get to that rank.

HAHAHAHAHHAHA, ohhhhh little buddy, you've got a lot to learn.
Fortunately (or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it;) ) rank isnt awarded for all the people you kill. Remember, not all of the Marine Corps is made up of people on the front lines! We get promoted by a points system, based on your PFT score, rifle range score, time in service, etc.

This really made me chuckle though.

PS: Im a 5 Star General in COD4 :evilgrin:

kbs95125
04-10-08, 07:16 PM
JIHADIKILLR0311

I'll be on later this evening if anybody would like to play.

This is probably the funniest post I've come across on this forum to date, however.

DGardner
04-10-08, 07:17 PM
PS: Im a 5 Star General in COD4 :evilgrin:

CPL: I like how you through that little tidbit in there... :cool:

Jonny Destroyer
04-10-08, 07:18 PM
CPL: I like how you through that little tidbit in there... :cool:

Gotta let'em know who's boss! ;)

LeonardLawrence
04-10-08, 07:20 PM
LOL BEST QUESTION EVER! LOL

Also , you may want to ask Chilli. Everyone knows that black ops kills get you a higher score than regular field kills that are confirmed. ;)

04-10-08, 08:14 PM
LoL was that a serious post....If you get Sgt. under or around 4 years then you are on a good track.

PS. COD4 Kicks ass and screw prestige mode stay a 5 star

futuremarine129
04-10-08, 08:22 PM
Yah im ub3r 1337 in COD4. Just kidding though, my brother plays more than me. Rambo, did you maybe get confused thinking this was a fourm for the game?

NeedSomePT
04-10-08, 08:37 PM
I'm thinking this was just posted for ****s and giggles, I doubt it was serious

KevinR90
04-10-08, 08:53 PM
I'm thinking this was just posted for ****s and giggles, I doubt it was serious

You never know.....

rvillac2
04-10-08, 08:55 PM

I'm just one "stone cold complete idiot" away from making Staff Sergeant. Give me your coordinates.

Covey_Rider
04-10-08, 09:57 PM
Hahahaha I got a good smile out of this...I'm mad though because I just prestiged and yeah...not a good idea. Add me if you like "fox1371." I'll still kill all of you hahaha.

TheChiefIsIn
04-10-08, 10:05 PM
Agreed, Prestige is the dumbest move ever. Should've kept my 5 stars.

FeMzZ
04-10-08, 10:21 PM
something tells me you will be the guy who arrives at MCRD and asks the welcoming Marine, "Why are you so angry?"

- USMC FeMzZ 0300..haha add me

VIKDEM1ZE
04-10-08, 10:27 PM
I've been out of Xbox Live for a couple months now. I need to buy some this week. I miss the game! :thumbup:

JSam
04-10-08, 10:28 PM
Might I take the question on a more serious note and ask how the ranking system in Boot is?
I heard only the best make LCpl. So is it hard to get PFC, or what?

VIKDEM1ZE
04-10-08, 10:30 PM
Might I take the question on a more serious note and ask how the ranking system in Boot is?

I believe you can PFC out of boot just by getting qualified people to join the Corps. through your recruiter.

Jonny Destroyer
04-10-08, 10:31 PM

Most of the Marines that make LCpl out of boot camp came in as a contract PFC. Probably did some ROTC in high school and such.

As far as coming out as a meritoriously promoted PFC, you just have to stand out from all the rest of the recruits. If you happen to become a squad leader or a guide in boot camp, you'll more than likely get the promotion over the other recruits.

It really comes down to if the DIs like you or not.

Covey_Rider
04-10-08, 10:33 PM
JSam, do a search and you will find ALL the answers you will need about graduating LCpl/PFC. We've covered this topic multiple times.

BR34
04-11-08, 06:09 AM
I can't believe a damn 21 year old in this country can actually be THIS stupid!

You are a classic case for needing to get out of the house and do something constructive with your time. Like going back to the 3rd grade!

phantasm
04-11-08, 06:19 AM
I can't believe a damn 21 year old in this country can actually be THIS stupid!

You are a classic case for needing to get out of the house and do something constructive with your time. Like going back to the 3rd grade!

Here's one for you. This is a prior service story, however quite comical.

In Infantry school we were training with the AT4's and using the 9mm sim rounds. We actually had a guy who asked the instructor this question: "If I run out of ammo for the AT4, could I fire 9mm rounds out of it." We got smoked pretty good for that. lol.

That guy could PT like no tomorrow, but he had 2 brain cells and they were afraid of each other.

PatriotGirl422
04-11-08, 10:05 AM
I really can't believe someone asked this question. All I can think of is "Dear Chili"

AndyBowman
04-11-08, 10:57 AM
Hey, how is SGT. Chilli anyways?