PDA

View Full Version : new recruit mom

mikysmom
04-10-08, 04:06 PM
my son is going into phase only got 3 letters and its been 2 wks haveing a hard time hes at parris island

Jonny Destroyer
04-10-08, 04:16 PM
my son is going into phase only got 3 letters and its been 2 wks haveing a hard time hes at parris island

Ma'am, your son is in good hands. Trust me. The Drill Instructors, while hard, are always conscious of their recruits safety. He only gets a certain amount of free time, so he might just choose to be doing something else other than write letters. It happens a lot.

Only a few short weeks to go!

-CPL Maines:usmc:

mikysmom
04-10-08, 05:37 PM
hey thinks glade to see someone is out there to answer ? and i can think of alote of them!!! :cry:

04-10-08, 05:57 PM
Not recieving letters could be a good thing. Part of becoming a Marine is becoming independant and self reliant. He gets enough support from his fellow recruits/Marines from training day 1 until his EAS. We look after our own. So don't worry, you will be the first person notified by the Marine Corps should anything go wrong.

Big Jim
04-10-08, 06:01 PM
Mail is also slow in bootcamp and they keep you so busy you collapse at the end of the day! He is in great hands!! Relax and he'll probably write you soon!

LeonardLawrence
04-10-08, 06:56 PM
mikysmom.

Welcome! congrats! and relax!

It is tough for you both but you have to trust your son...and yourself.

The mail will come as it may....