PDA

View Full Version : Help in motivating other poolees.

Ub3rmike
04-09-08, 10:52 PM
Today at PT, we had a poolee just give up, which suffice to say, set off our recruiters. One of the Sergeants just told him to leave. We also had another poolee lagging behind in the exercises we were doing (Bear crawl, duck walks, crab walks, suicides, etc.) The recruiters and I have tried to rectify the situation by having everyone else endure some "incentive training" until the poolee catches up, as well as have me repeat the same exercises together at the same time. I'm not saying that we need to turn him into a triathelete overnight, but at least another poolee I know who needs to get fit is actually keeping logs and genuinely putting his soul into PT. Not to mention, it reflects poorly on me as the Guide when other poolees refuse to perform up to par, or even just walk out on us. (Having to work twice as hard because of a fall out is also physically stressful, but I'm under the impression that guides and squad leaders in boot camp will face the same experience 10 fold)

Hopefully I'll get some 1 on 1 time with each of these poolees to set them straight. I'll probably bring up the fact that they are pretty damn lucky to actually be given the bodies to do the things that Marines do and pass the MEPS physical. I personally have friends and friends of friends who were DQd because of medical conditions and who were so torn up by it that it sometimes took over a year to finally come to terms with their inability to enlist.

What do you do with someone who won't put their heart into something that definately does require you to? The easy way seems to be to just threaten to drop their contract (an idea that our RSS commander hasn't shied away from), but I feel an obligation to these guys, and I know I'm going to regret it if they decide to quit and end up living sedetary and mediocre lives.

Jonny Destroyer
04-09-08, 10:58 PM
Today at PT, we had a poolee just give up, which suffice to say, set off our recruiters. One of the Sergeants just told him to leave. We also had another poolee lagging behind in the exercises we were doing (Bear crawl, duck walks, crab walks, suicides, etc.) The recruiters and I have tried to rectify the situation by having everyone else endure some "incentive training" until the poolee catches up, as well as have me repeat the same exercises together at the same time. I'm not saying that we need to turn him into a triathelete overnight, but at least another poolee I know who needs to get fit is actually keeping logs and genuinely putting his soul into PT. Not to mention, it reflects poorly on me as the Guide when other poolees refuse to perform up to par, or even just walk out on us. (Having to work twice as hard because of a fall out is also physically stressful, but I'm under the impression that guides and squad leaders in boot camp will face the same experience 10 fold)

Hopefully I'll get some 1 on 1 time with each of these poolees to set them straight. I'll probably bring up the fact that they are pretty damn lucky to actually be given the bodies to do the things that Marines do and pass the MEPS physical. I personally have friends and friends of friends who were DQd because of medical conditions and who were so torn up by it that it sometimes took over a year to finally come to terms with their inability to enlist.

What do you do with someone who won't put their heart into something that definately does require you to? The easy way seems to be to just threaten to drop their contract (an idea that our RSS commander hasn't shied away from), but I feel an obligation to these guys, and I know I'm going to regret it if they decide to quit and end up living sedetary and mediocre lives.

Simple: Tell them to walk their lazy fat a$$es over to the nearest Air Force or Coast Guard recruiting station because we dont want those nasties in our friggin Corps!

The end.

-CPL Maines :usmc:

Seyborg
04-09-08, 11:06 PM
LOL

nuff said. I would just tell them to try as hard as they can or leave. . .

This is the Marine Corps. Not your highschool team.