PDA

View Full Version : Birthday on Black Friday

Antwan2008
04-09-08, 11:39 AM
So yeah i just found out that my 18th birthday is during bootcamp. Will any of the DI's know that it is my birthday and if they do do i get some kind of "birthday pt present"? lol

davblay
04-09-08, 11:47 AM
The DIs are usually to busy to worry about whos birthday it may, or may not, be. So if they don't say happy birthday to you, just go up to them and say "hey Sarge, this is my birthday". I am sure they will find a fitting present for ya!

Dave

immaproshooter
04-09-08, 04:10 PM
lmfao

SlingerDun
04-09-08, 05:09 PM
Yeah buddy if your not getting enough attention step forward and sound off. Let us know what happens.

SGT7477
04-09-08, 08:21 PM
Let them know it is your birthday I bet you will all have cake and ice cream.

semperfi170
04-09-08, 08:21 PM
The DIs have more important things to do than worry about than it being some slimey recruit's birthday. But if you really want to feel special go ahead and tell your DIs it is your birthday.

RYDERKUR
04-09-08, 08:36 PM
Hahaha, good **** there Gunnery Sergeant, recruits don't even rate 12-point font.

Antwan2008
04-10-08, 11:31 AM
lol i think im just gonna keep my mouth shut

drwilkinson
04-10-08, 11:38 AM
Just go up to them and demand that you recieve special attention. God damnit it's your birthday and you're the only important one. They'll understand and treat you like a prince.

outlaw3179
04-10-08, 12:15 PM
You get to go to Chuck-E-Cheese that day and play grab ass witht the rat.

Adam1988
04-10-08, 01:15 PM
Your kill hat will take you to Olive Garden.

immaproshooter
04-14-08, 09:49 AM
ya there'll deff be a garden involved....dunno bout the olives part....lol

RYDERKUR
04-14-08, 09:52 AM
You get to go to Chuck-E-Cheese that day and play grab ass witht the rat.

Where Marines get their hilarious witty sense of humor I haven't yet figured it out, but that's funny as ****, makes me laugh like hell whenever I read it.

BadJustice
04-15-08, 01:48 AM
I've heard bad stories about peoples birthdays falling during bootcamp. I just scheduled my ship date a couple weeks after haha.

SGT7477
04-15-08, 06:34 AM
I've heard bad stories about peoples birthdays falling during bootcamp. I just scheduled my ship date a couple weeks after haha.
How can a boot camp birthday party be bad?:flag:

hump_drop
04-15-08, 07:37 AM
I turned 19 the day before graduation, which at the time was Family Day.

Since I had no family, it was the BEST birthday of my life.
I had a half day of near freedom to do as I pleased, the end of recruit training was at hand, and just after Taps, the drill instructor that I respected the most and wanted to emulate put us to bed, lights went out. He then walked around the squad bay and told us "Tomorrow morning at about 1030 hrs, a man you have never met before will call you Marines. (I think it was the Recruit Depot CG, been a while.) He has not seen the work you recruits have put in, seen the struggle, seen the change happen in you. He is supposed to be the first person to call you Marines. **** him. Good night, Marines." He then went into the duty hut.

I bawled, that was the best birthday present ever.

PatriotGirl422
04-15-08, 10:27 AM

I had a half day of near freedom to do as I pleased, the end of recruit training was at hand, and just after Taps, the drill instructor that I respected the most and wanted to emulate put us to bed, lights went out. He then walked around the squad bay and told us "Tomorrow morning at about 1030 hrs, a man you have never met before will call you Marines. (I think it was the Recruit Depot CG, been a while.) He has not seen the work you recruits have put in, seen the struggle, seen the change happen in you. He is supposed to be the first person to call you Marines. **** him. Good night, Marines." He then went into the duty hut.

That is an awesome story.

PatriotGirl422
04-15-08, 10:29 AM
But seriously, I don't think that the DIs will know that it's your birthday. We had this one recruit who had her 20th birthday there. A couple other recruits who's racks were by hers decided that it would be a good idea to make her a birthday card. They left it on her footlocker, but for some reason she never got it. We worried for 2 days that the DIs had gotten ahold of it, but luckily nothing ever came of it. We would have been pushing for hours!

hump_drop
04-15-08, 10:47 AM
That is an awesome story.

I'm a crybaby.

bgsuwoody
04-15-08, 11:22 AM
I had my 23rd birthday at bootcamp on rifle qual day. Glad no one really found out. However I would take a bootcamp birthday over some of the fleet birthdays lol.

THAT AINT IT
04-15-08, 11:37 AM
The only people we told if it was our birthday was the other recruits in our platoon...and god help you if the Drill Instructors heard you lol.

testforecho2112
04-15-08, 06:15 PM

That, is freakin awesome! Love it. On our last night, our Sr did something similar, he had us all standing at attention facing the classroom and as he walked along, he would touch some of us on the arm. When he finished, he said, "Tomorrow you all become Marines for the first time, those of you I touched tonight, you are MY Marines." And he left. Just as simple as that. Very cool indeed.