PDA

View Full Version : Music

JimmehT
04-08-08, 02:23 PM
Just curious as to what music you Marines and fellow Poolees listen to when you PT if any at all?

Or just music in general.

Antwan2008
04-08-08, 02:41 PM
I listen to mainly rap and sometimes Marine Cadences.

xRaVeNx
04-08-08, 02:47 PM
You have marine cadences on your ipod?

Where do you download that from?

KevinR90
04-08-08, 02:55 PM
you can get them on itunes- though i actually don't have any- they are on there

dmdenike
04-08-08, 02:57 PM
I download all my music from LW. But dont tell anyone. lol

I mainly listen to USMC Cadences and Rock when im running.

benw2200
04-08-08, 02:58 PM
When I'm working out or running it's mostly rock for me. Some rap is ok if the beat is right, but heavy metal usually gets me ****ed and motivated enough to run that extra mile or get the extra set in. Here are a few of my all time favorites, just off the top of my head:

Lamb of God- One Gun, Hourglass, Ashes of the Wake, Now You've Got Something to Die For, Laid to Rest
Slipknot- Duality, Before I Forget
Drowning Pool- Bodies (if this **** doesn't get you pumped nothing will) :mad:
Pantera- ****ing Hostile, Walk, Floods
Seether- Back to the Remedy
Rob Zombie- Living Dead Girl, Dragula
Puddle of Mudd- Control
Rammstein- Mein Teil, Ich Will
Limp Bizkit- Break Stuff
TrustCompany- Downfall
Trick Daddy ft. lil jon- Let's Go
Tech N9ne- Absolute Power
Eazy E- How We Do (remix)

Whenever I'm not working out, I'll listen to anything from country to r&b. It just depends on what kind of mood I'm in.

Whitey
04-08-08, 03:48 PM
Wake Me Up When September Ends-Greenday
What I've Done-Linkin Park
Comin Home-City and Colour
A Long December-Counting Crows
The General-Dispatch
Bruised-Jacks Mannequinn
Freebird-Lynyrd Skynyrd
Konstantine-Something Corporate
In This Diary-The Ataris
Winter-Bayside
Paperthin Hymn-Anberlin
Tonightless-eighteen visions
Watchin You-Rodney Atkins
Letters From Home-John Michael Montgomery
Paint it Black-The Unseen's version
Something to be Proud Of-Montgomery Gentry
Welcome to the Black Parade-My Chemical Romance
Find Out Who Your Friends Are-Tracy Lawrence
Home-Daughtry
When I'm Gone-3 Doors Down
Here's to the Night-Eve6
My Last Name-Dierks Bentley
Overcome-Terror
Half A World Away-Oceanlab
The Outsiders-Bury Your Dead
Back to the World-Street Dogs
Final Goodbye-Comeback Kid
Convalescence-Darkest Hour
The Warriors Code-Dropkick Murphys
Whats Left of the Flag-Flogging Molly
Tough as John Jacobs-Maylene and The Sons of Disaster
Down not Out-Outbreak
Our Time Is Now-Story of the Year
Wherever You Will Go-The Calling
Endless-Unearth

Twitchell
04-08-08, 03:57 PM
I don't even listen to anything when I run. But when I'm not. I listen to all kind's of music, but mainly metal.

In Flames - (check out they're new album,A Sense Of Purpose). It's bad.
Dispised Icon
Pantera
Avenged Sevenfold

So on so on. If you like heavy.

Adam1988
04-08-08, 04:13 PM
lil weezy babyyyy

Books
04-08-08, 05:16 PM
I don't listen to anything when I PT... You won't be able to at Parris Island so I don't see why I should indulge myself now. It's a nice time to think, for sure.

TSchultz
04-08-08, 05:28 PM
I listen to Journey :thumbup:

But on a serious note, I listen to nothing. Mainly because the earphone cords always get in my way.

Wyoming
04-08-08, 05:35 PM
I don't PT, but I like the Grateful Dead and Jimmy Buffet.

NOW, hold off on the old jokes.

Seoke
04-08-08, 05:57 PM
I download all my music from LW. But dont tell anyone. lol

I mainly listen to USMC Cadences and Rock when im running.

Pay for your music, people put a lot of hard work into making it, you can pay a few bucks for it.

Cadence cds on Ebay: http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?sofocus=bs&sbrftog=1&catref=C12&maxrecordsreturned=300&frpp=50&satitle=cadence&sacat=307%26catref%3DC6&sargn=-1%26saslc%3D2&sadis=200&fpos=95531&sabfmts=1&saobfmts=insif&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&fsop=1%26fsoo%3D1

You can also find them on base. Enjoy.

bstewar09
04-08-08, 05:58 PM
I mostly listen to alternative and punk rock. Not really the best stuff to run or pt to. So when I do PT I listen to mostly Jimi Hendrix, I don't know what it is but that guitar gets me going.

Brandon1
04-08-08, 06:21 PM
I dont listen to music while I workout, nor do I listen to it before. In all honesty and i'm not even ashamed to say this, I watch Dragonball Z to get motivated :)

Books
04-08-08, 07:00 PM
Pay for your music, people put a lot of hard work into making it, you can pay a few bucks for it.

They have plenty of money. They make music for a living. I doubt people say the same thing of people who watch major league baseball on network television. What's the worst thing that can happen to a musician? Get a blister? HIV? Overdose on drugs? Shoot up a nightclub? Please, musicians are lucky they even make money instead of foodstamps. I'm saying this as a paid musician, too. It is not a job, it's a passion, and also a distraction from problem solving.

+1 for "illegal" downloading.

Brandon1
04-08-08, 07:06 PM
Whats 99 cents for 1 song? I have no problem paying that for a song that I like.

Books
04-08-08, 07:14 PM
Whats 99 cents for 1 song? I have no problem paying that for a song that I like.

Then all the power to you for supporting your artist... That's exactly my point. If you want to pay, go ahead, but nothing will keep people from swapping music whether they have the internet or not.

dmdenike
04-08-08, 07:18 PM

Cadence cds on Ebay: http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?sofocus=bs&sbrftog=1&catref=C12&maxrecordsreturned=300&frpp=50&satitle=cadence&sacat=307%26catref%3DC6&sargn=-1%26saslc%3D2&sadis=200&fpos=95531&sabfmts=1&saobfmts=insif&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&fsop=1%26fsoo%3D1

You can also find them on base. Enjoy.

PM me and Ill send you my address you can ship those to. hah. JK.

downloading music isnt a serious crime. Its not like im making CD's and getting profit.

dmdenike
04-08-08, 07:19 PM

And when you have 500+ songs? It adds up.

Brandon1
04-08-08, 07:20 PM
Even if their not stealing from stores, their stealing in other ways...Thieves the lot of them :). And who the hell needs 500+ songs?

dmdenike
04-08-08, 07:27 PM
They add up quick bro.

Brandon1
04-08-08, 07:31 PM
Of course they add up. Pretty much all i'm saying is...Who needs 500 songs? You will never listen to them all, so what is the point?

Books
04-08-08, 07:34 PM
Of course they add up. Pretty much all i'm saying is...Who needs 500 songs? You will never listen to them all, so what is the point?

I have 2113 songs. I listen to most of them.

Brandon1
04-08-08, 07:36 PM
Well you listen to a lot of music then. Must have a lot of time on your hands to be able to do that lol.

dmdenike
04-08-08, 07:38 PM
of course you don't sit down and decide to listen to 500 songs. But its called variety. Me for example, when I'm in different moods I listen I different stuff. Its alot more convienant to have the songs with you, rather than have to go buy them everytime. How many songs do you know? I know all of the songs on my mp3 player.

Sent from my iPod touch.

dmdenike
04-08-08, 07:40 PM
Well you listen to a lot of music then. Must have a lot of time on your hands to be able to do that lol.

Haha so do I. I love music. I listen to it at school, when I study, when I work, when I PT. All the time LOL.

Sent from my iPod touch.

Brandon1
04-08-08, 07:47 PM
On my Mp3 player I have exactly 16 songs. I'm not to into music. I dont have time to listen to it.

KevinR90
04-08-08, 09:51 PM
you don't just sit and listen to music- the only time I do that is when i'm going to bed. All other times i'm doing something else while listening to the music. Such as right now, while typing this, i'm listening to music. I just started listening to music while working out (no armband to keep the ipod out of the way so it's a hassle)- i listen mostly to Linkin Park and other rap/metal. I listen to music while I do homework, and while I drive. Also I listen to it while I read- though this is just because I like background noise- i really don't hear the music word for word.

I don't understand how you can't be into music at your age. I admit music wasn't my thing until I got into high school. I seriously didn't know a lot of popular artists before 2004- it just wasn't something I dealt with. But it's pretty important to me now.

Spiral Man
04-08-08, 09:55 PM
I enjoy some old rock bands(The Eagles, The Beatles, Led Zepplin, The Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, John Mellencamp[sp], and other various artists).

When I want to get pumped though(working out), I listen to Metal, old and new, and sometimes Techno or Rap.

Techno is also one of my favorite types of music, and that's pretty much it.:cool:

Books
04-08-08, 09:56 PM
Also I listen to it while I read.

That's interesting. I try not to because my frame of mind is subject to the music. I wouldn't read a sad book listening to a happy song, so to speak.

awbrown1462
04-08-08, 09:57 PM
turn in my sneekers when I got out lol

crazymjb
04-08-08, 10:14 PM
Disturbed, Godsmack, KSE, Lamb of God, and a bunch of other stuff, including seether, drowning pool, and cadences. First four are the main PT artists though.

Mike

Smitty Puffs
04-08-08, 10:24 PM
Everything.

311, Mobb deep, Sublime, Rage Against the Machine, disturbed, The Beatles, Pearl Jam, Alien Ant Farm, etc. the list goes on.

Seoke
04-08-08, 10:49 PM
PM me and Ill send you my address you can ship those to. hah. JK.

downloading music isnt a serious crime. Its not like im making CD's and getting profit.

Downloading music is a felony.

#2 Its against the Marine Corps values

LiamY
04-09-08, 04:06 AM
Eh, I don't like listening to music while I PT, but when I'm driving around I mostly listen to Irish punk.

Smitty Puffs
04-09-08, 06:16 AM
Downloading music is a felony.

#2 Its against the Marine Corps values

your being sarcastic right?

xRaVeNx
04-10-08, 08:13 PM
Man, you guys should really hear these hip hop Marine Cadences

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HU2I9qJyIqY

crazymjb
04-10-08, 10:56 PM
Heard those before and I honestly prefer normal cadences.

Mike

Hendrix
04-10-08, 11:03 PM
Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, and even the Grateful Dead

Books
04-10-08, 11:56 PM
Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, and even the Grateful Dead

Excellent, I'm not alone.

Bazzard
04-11-08, 12:15 AM
I don't listen to music when I work out however, when I'm not working out I listen to pretty much everything 90/80's rap, 80's synthesizer music, Dead kennedys, Iggy and the stooges, coffee lounge music and since I’m an actor and live in Nyc I must love the classics Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby, Nat king Cole, Robert Goulet, almost every balladeer and most important of all I got to have my show tunes nothing like a big Broadway showstopper " Shipoopi"!

Jonny Destroyer
04-11-08, 12:17 AM
My favorite band of all time to work out to is "Hatebreed"

I know their name sounds harsh, but their lyrics actually send a POSITIVE message believe it or not. Plus its some rockin azz metal that has a great beat to run/lift weights to.

I mainly listen to underground metal bands like All Shall Perish, The Faceless, Bring Me The Horizon, Carnifex...the list goes on and on and on.

But honestly, I listen to a lot of different kinds. I usually hate any rock/"metal" song that comes on the radio. The only radio music I can listen to is club (rap) music, and Country (yeah, I friggin like country!)

But seriously, check out "Hatebreed" if you havent heard of them. They're amazing.

Master Sephiroth
04-11-08, 12:36 PM
The soundtracks from the Final Fantasy games. Nobuo Uematsu's music is the best. I also listen to classical and patriotic music when PTing. Try doing some bends and thrusts to the Semper Fidelis March or We're Shovin' Right off for Home Again.

Twitchell
04-11-08, 01:51 PM

Yea, hatebreed's pretty bad. I saw them live at club DV8 in Salt Lake in 2001, before they got real big. It was one of the best concerts I have been to, aside from a bunch of Straight Edgers busting out half the windows, and sending three bouncers to the hospital ending the consert 15 min. early. But it was still freakin awsome.

Jonny Destroyer
04-11-08, 01:56 PM

Yea, hatebreed's pretty bad. I saw them live at club DV8 in Salt Lake in 2001, before they got real big. It was one of the best concerts I have been to, aside from a bunch of Straight Edgers busting out half the windows, and sending three bouncers to the hospital ending the consert 15 min. early. But it was still freakin awsome.

Last time I saw them was when I was still enlisted. They played a show out in Jacksonville, NC. This was after they've been rockin out for 10 years. I've also seen them play with Slayer...THAT was a crazy azz show!!

VIKDEM1ZE
04-11-08, 02:04 PM
I listen to only hip-hop, usually West Coast since the beats are more up. Sometimes at my gym I just like to have the T.V. on watching Leno/O' Brien since I workout at night.

Twitchell
04-11-08, 02:41 PM
Last time I saw them was when I was still enlisted. They played a show out in Jacksonville, NC. This was after they've been rockin out for 10 years. I've also seen them play with Slayer...THAT was a crazy azz show!!

Yea I bet. That concert that I saw, they played with Incantation, and ****ing Razors. I think it was the only concert I've been to that I acctually liked every band. It kicked a$$.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Nez46
04-27-08, 10:04 AM
I dont listen to anything i just run.

Whitey
04-27-08, 10:07 AM
last time i saw hatebreed i got my nose broken.....and i was working the show PAH! of course this is when it was like 10 dollars to see them and noone knew who they were so it was still a nice small tight knit scene. the guy didnt mean to break my nose either

Nez46
04-27-08, 08:17 PM
What is it with you poeple and Mash?? pits or however you spell it. I swear if somebody hit me they would remember it :beer:

Lupisella
04-27-08, 09:17 PM
Weezy F. Baby.

contessojohn
04-28-08, 03:34 PM
Hell Yeah Jonny Destroyer, A lot of people don't understand that Hatebreed is not all hate and more motto than anything. There music is baiscly saying stand up for what you believe in and if anybody stands in your way, knock them down! I mostly listin to anything from the "metalcore" scene.

Hologram
04-28-08, 11:11 PM
I usually just listen to any music to get my mind off the pain and work, but if I have a special craving for a little extra motivation, I'll take my iPod off of shuffle and listen to Raise Hell by HedPD.