PDA

View Full Version : If you fail highschool?

McSweeney
04-08-08, 11:58 AM
i'm currently in highschool. i'm passing all my classes except something called "microsoft word". the teacher continuosly loses work, luckily i keep reprinting it, even though by the time i get done reprinting it a 4th time its the end of the marking term, and she said its too late to pass in. I PERSONALLY HAND these papers to her. Reguardless, if I fail highschool because of this one credit, do i have to take high school for another year for a class called "microsoft word" ? my shipdate is july 28th. i dont want to not be able to go to boot camp

kbs95125
04-08-08, 12:07 PM
Well that would all depend on if it is a graduation requirement of your high school or not... if you fail high school you fail high school, so then yes your ship date would get moved.

You wouldn't have to do another year though, just a summer school course (or community college equivalent) that meets the requirements of passing the class.

I am so glad I did independent studies in high school.... finished 6 months ahead of my class working at my own pace, worked a full time job and was only 45 credits behind our val. Got to walk the graduation ceremony with everyone else and get a diploma from the school rather then the course. The only crappy part is that I couldn't get any honors awards because of it.... go figure.

McSweeney
04-08-08, 12:09 PM
well the thing is, i have to pass every class this year for my credits. and if I fail this one... well then.. I fail the year

Antwan2008
04-08-08, 12:18 PM
That is how iam at the moment but i failed the class "Consumer Ed" and now im taking it through the mail and im almost done with that.

kbs95125
04-08-08, 12:26 PM
Well then you should talk to your counselor at school to figure out about getting enrolled in a summer school course or independent studies course before the year is up. And tell your recruiter because he might be able to help you get enrolled in a faster Adult Ed course.

You wouldn't fail the year, just the class, so you would only have to make up the one class to pass.

McSweeney
04-08-08, 12:29 PM
okay thankyou, I will definently talk to my counselor about this. because at the moment I have a huge project sitting on her desk, which i reprinted twice. She says its too late to accept it. I've got something to say bout that.

kbs95125
04-08-08, 12:35 PM
Every one who worked in the office at my school knew who I was. I always made sure my stuff was being taken care of.

I believe I was one of the only kids who could get into a fight, but not get in trouble. You'd be amazed at how shocked a Asst. Principal is when he calls you into his office about a fight and you openly admit it happened while the other guy has been in there lying his butt off. Honesty pays haha.

Help the office file some paperwork too. Sometimes it'll land you free lunch.

ttracker65
04-08-08, 12:41 PM
you can also take short term college courses to make up credits

Seoke
04-08-08, 12:53 PM
Remember teachers are there to help you. Try talking to your teacher about it. Bring it up with her and see what you have to do to pass this year. Maybe you can work something out with her.

McSweeney
04-08-08, 01:15 PM
Remember teachers are there to help you. Try talking to your teacher about it. Bring it up with her and see what you have to do to pass this year. Maybe you can work something out with her.

i tried.
she doesn't care.
btw, she hasnt been to school in a month because of some type of illness

thanks for all the suggestions everyone.

Brandon1
04-08-08, 01:58 PM
Now would be a time to make a house call. Talk to her calmly, and make a deal with her. Thats what I did whenever I was late for stuff. If you make a deal that involved twice the work and twice the time and cut half the time you had on the regular project in half, then she will take it. And she really does care, maybe she was just *****y that day or something?

JayBee
04-08-08, 02:35 PM
If she's seriously losing your work and then not accepting reprints, I would take the issue up with your vice principal or principal.

KevinR90
04-08-08, 03:00 PM
well the thing is, i have to pass every class this year for my credits. and if I fail this one... well then.. I fail the year

If this is the case then you'd fail the class- and also for the year. I'm probably failing a C++ right now, but I don't need it. I've got enough credits right now to graduate but i've got to pass english this last year, so no matter what I do I have to pass english- I could fail all the 6 other classes I have and it wouldn't matter. As long as I turn in an acceptable Senior Research Paper and pass English i'm good to go.

You however have to pass this elective to get the required number of credits to graduate- that's what you're saying right? If that's so then you'll fail without it. Do something about it. I'd already have gone up the chain to a counselor at least if my work wasn't being accepted becuase it was the teacher's fault.

dmdenike
04-08-08, 03:01 PM
Im in the same position. But I'm passing all of my classes. I have 3 classes a day (because I have flex 4th period). I only need to pass one class to graduate, and that one class is Physical Science. I failed chemistry so I had to take this. I have a 94 in there right now but I dont take good tests so Im a little worried. If I dont pass I can appeal it through the county board. But Id rather not do this. I really dont even worry about doing the work in my other classes. I just put ALL my focus into physical science and study my *** of to do good.

Hologram
04-08-08, 08:52 PM
If she's seriously losing your work and then not accepting reprints, I would take the issue up with your vice principal or principal.Yeah, the way you describe it sounds like you need to do something about the teacher. If she's continually losing work and failing people for it, that needs to be taken up with the administration. Work it the same way you would in the Marines: Vice principal first, if that doesn't work, principal, then talk to the school district. Take it to the superintendent if you have to. Don't let the incompetence of one person postpone your career in the Marine Corps.

Sgt Leprechaun
04-09-08, 03:39 AM
First, go talk to your guidance counselor and explain the issue.

If that doesn't work, get the administration involved, and explain to them the issue as well.

Hopefully, you've also gotten your parent(s) in on the loop on this, because you might just have to take it to the school board.

A HS diploma is STILL worth more these days than a GED. The Marine Corps only accepts a certain percentage of GED holders each year, and if you don't graduate HS, they will drop you from DEP and you'll get to start the process all over again.

immaproshooter
04-09-08, 07:55 AM
heres a thought...college....look into it maybe someones trying to tell you to further your education and thats why things at the moment aren't lining up for you to ship right away.....

McSweeney
04-09-08, 11:58 AM
heres a thought...college....look into it maybe someones trying to tell you to further your education and thats why things at the moment aren't lining up for you to ship right away.....

no way man... i'll hopefully pass...... she just left class again for her "illness" so, idk, maybe i can get the sub to help

immaproshooter
04-09-08, 04:04 PM
well i hope you pass to...but theres nothing wrong with furthering your education and all....

McSweeney
04-09-08, 04:53 PM
well i hope you pass to...but theres nothing wrong with furthering your education and all....

I hear ya. I know everyone tells me college is better. But I just want to be a Marine.

LittleMissStretch
04-09-08, 05:16 PM
Tom, Tom, Tom, Tom..........You have to pass. C'mon if I can pass then you most defintely can...trust me and I know how you feel....I'm not really looking at college either.....been wanting to be a Marine since I was 5....Waited too long.

immaproshooter
04-14-08, 09:52 AM
alright poolees.....i hate to say somethign thats been said a billion times on this forum all around...but the Corps has been around for a couple hundred years....take your time...do what you gotta do we wills till be here when you are done and ready the Corps aint goin no where