PDA

View Full Version : I need help to help my best friend, a poolee

RYDERKUR
04-07-08, 09:05 PM
Hey Marines,

I did a search, but I didn't find what I needed. If there are any Marines out there who went to PCP or have heard any stories, please write them. My best friend is a poolee who I can't seem to motivate even with the threat of PCP and DI's ragging his ass. He can't do a lousy pullup and I know his crunches and run time can't be that good. Let's get him motivated. I've begged and pleaded to get him to work out and he thinks his girlfriend and parties are more important. I realize its ultimately up to him, but I think maybe some good stories might do it. Thanks Marines and sorry for the long wind...as Davy Crockett would say it, lets head down to the tavern to wet our whistle with a little swallow of "mountain dew"

RYDERKUR
04-07-08, 09:57 PM
Or anything else you ladies and gents might feel would be motivating. I really don't want him to go through PCP. He's a 92 dayer and needs to get back for school too.

SlingerDun
04-07-08, 10:44 PM
I reckon the stark reality of separation from your playmates gets quite personal and hits like a ton of bricks when said recruit is singled out, tagged and discriminated against as being an inferior non-hacking obese fat body who has been extracted from the unit he got off the bus with.

I was shy of going UNQ at the rifle range by 1 or 2 points because i left my goggles at the squadbay on qual day. The black at the 500 meter line was an absolute blur. The thought of being held back even one week made me shiver:scared:

sdk87to91
04-10-08, 05:26 PM
WE had a guy who couldn't or wouldn't swim or shape up in other areas as well. On Graduation day we saw him in the chow line with a brand new platoon, they were dressed in grey sweatshirts and were obvioulsy still in the cae of the receiving DI's. To me that meant he was starting over....It still gives me a chill to think about it. I hope he survived, literally.
Maybe a Marine with more knowledge on this subject can tell you if your buddy's need to get back for school will matter. I suspect he will not make it back on time for school.
I say let him go and suffer, most guys shape up pretty quick.

Big Jim
04-10-08, 05:45 PM
Hey Marines,

I did a search, but I didn't find what I needed. If there are any Marines out there who went to PCP or have heard any stories, please write them. My best friend is a poolee who I can't seem to motivate even with the threat of PCP and DI's ragging his ass. He can't do a lousy pullup and I know his crunches and run time can't be that good. Let's get him motivated. I've begged and pleaded to get him to work out and he thinks his girlfriend and parties are more important. I realize its ultimately up to him, but I think maybe some good stories might do it. Thanks Marines and sorry for the long wind...as Davy Crockett would say it, lets head down to the tavern to wet our whistle with a little swallow of "mountain dew"

I know this guy is your friend...but the DI's can usually weed out the non-hackers who don't pack the gear to serve in my beloved Corps!! GySgt. Ermy?! He'll either get his head out of his arse and shape up so he can make graduation or he'll get recycled to the point where he just out and out quits and he'll get kicked out! But...every effort will be made by the DI's as to not let him quit on himself until he actually does quit!! Its admirable that you talk to him and inform him of the impending doom that looms for him upon arrival!! He needs to know...but he sounds like he's in denial. Don't worry, he'll get that wake up call like someone smacking him in the head with a shovel!! He'll understand real quick!!

drillinstructor
04-10-08, 05:52 PM
Tell this kid not to waste his time. It is all about attitude and determination. If he does not have it now he will fail and waste time, energy and money.

Stay home...this is real life now and is no game to play with. Sounds like he needs time to get his mind in the game and then......if he wishes to accept the challenge then go for it.

RYDERKUR
04-10-08, 06:43 PM
Thanks, Gents, I have to say, I'm to the point now where I think also, it's ultimately going to be up to him. I've done all I could. I appreciate the time you took to respond.

LeonardLawrence
04-10-08, 07:17 PM
self motivators need apply.

Play now and pay later. Time for a reality check.