PDA

View Full Version : "My Men Are My Heroes" The BRAD KASAL story

InfrantrywannaB
04-07-08, 04:29 PM
This is an unfrigginbelievable read, it completed shifted my insight onto what Marines are all about, this is honestly one of the most inspiring pieces of litearture I've read. If you are a fellow DEP-in, a real deal Marine, or just someone who enjoys reading military litearture, this is a must read!

outlaw3179
04-07-08, 04:37 PM
This is a great book. The first night I bought it I read it from cover to cover. A great book but an even greater Marine. Ive had the pleasure of meeting Sgt. Major Kasal a few times. Hes the recruiting Sgt. Major in Des Moines now. In person he is just an amazing Marine.

futuremarine129
04-07-08, 09:01 PM
Yeah I'm almost done with it, and I agree. I especially like the pictures, and how he tells quick stories of other Marines and how the actually operation went down. A phenomenal read so far.

Books
04-07-08, 10:07 PM
Oh wow, I'll be sure to pick it up. I haven't heard of this one. I appreciate it.

Smitty Puffs
04-08-08, 10:04 PM
Sergeant Major Brad Kasal's story is nothing short of inspiring. The famous picture of him being taken out of the house shows a lot, but it also leaves out a few important details. Some of those details being that the entire back of Sergeant Major Kasals legs were completely blown away and he had lost 60% of his blood. Now that on top of the fact that he still managed to hold on to his weapon and keep consciousness truely shows what type of man this Marine is. If there was ever a person more fitting for the title of B.A.M.F., it would be him.

And to Quote Sgt. Major Kasal:

"While I was in that house, I made three life or death decisions. I never thought I would live through any of them, but I did what I did to help the other Marines."
<SUP></SUP>

Books
04-08-08, 10:12 PM
On a sidenote, I just realized the fellow who wrote "Making the Corps" is an alumnus of my high school. I believe his name is Tom Ricks.

SGTBrentG
04-27-09, 09:45 AM
My book arrived on Friday and I couldn't put it down. What an inspiration! Truly a Marine's Marine. They don't come any better. This is what being a Marine is all about.