PDA

View Full Version : Garrison Cap Device

ghost3000
04-06-08, 02:46 PM
Well, I just reenlisted and I have to get my uniforms together. Well, I can't seem to find the difference between the Garrison Cap Device and the Service Cap. Is one bigger than the other? I totally can't remember. I hope someone can help me out. Thanks in advance.

ZSKI
04-07-08, 01:39 PM
If your refering to the service and dress uniforms the garrison cover is the **** cutter, and other is the wood frame one. in refrence to the camies the garrison cover is the 8 point cover.

ghost3000
04-07-08, 04:50 PM
If your refering to the service and dress uniforms the garrison cover is the **** cutter, and other is the wood frame one. in refrence to the camies the garrison cover is the 8 point cover.

Thanks for answering my question. Yes, I'm referring to the **** cutter. I would like to know the difference in the Eagle, Globe, and Anchor on the **** cutter and the service cap. Is the EGA on the **** cutter smaller than the one on the service cap? I'm looking through my box and I can't figure out which on it is.

mgkusmc
04-07-08, 05:08 PM
Uhm....yea....the p*ss cutter EGA is much smaller than the Service Cap EGA.

Dude you're a Corporal and your first enlistment was in 01....how do you forget something like that?

ghost3000
04-07-08, 06:05 PM
Dude! It's called never wear it. Last time I wore it was 2003. Thanks for your help.

Twitchell
04-08-08, 05:17 PM
It's about, if not the same size as the one on your collar of your service A's.

Sgt Leprechaun
04-09-08, 03:23 AM
It's exactly the same size as the Service Dress Alpha blouse Eagle Globe and Anchor devices. One thing to remember is that it is not a 'left facing' device.

The Alpha Service Dress Cover device is the same size as the device on the Blues Dress cover, with the exception that it's blackened instead of gilt.

Hopefully, we've cleared that up :)