PDA

View Full Version : I need Posts For an Interview

tsquaredam
04-06-08, 01:52 PM
I am a middle school student working on a report on the marines. I need to interview some people who know more about the marines. #1: What are some academies armed forces attend before being active? #2: Where are those academies located? #3: What is the minimum number of years you are allowed to serve in the armed forces after enlistment? #4: Are there any reasons that the Marine Corps. would not accept you other than not passing the APFTs?

tsquaredam
04-06-08, 02:26 PM
I need help for my Report so as many replies as possible would help. Thank You.

tsquaredam
04-06-08, 02:38 PM
I also need as much info. as possible so if anyone has anything else to add important, go ahead...

Idena
04-06-08, 02:46 PM
Well, before someone else gets on your back about it, I'll tell you - you'll need to fill out your profile if you're going to hang around here.

And my additional advice would be to do the bulk of your research at the library. With actual books. Then fill in the gaps with internet forums if necessary (which it shouldn't be). Asking for answers that are available in print defeats the purpose of academic research.

tsquaredam
04-06-08, 02:50 PM
Thank you. I actually am researching right now, but I do need an interview, not a source.

Idena
04-06-08, 02:56 PM
You should try talking to a recruiter - easier to document than someone on the internet. See if there's a recruiting office in your town. As a teacher, I would rather see a student do the leg work to meet with someone in person for an interview than just go out on the internet. And it's a more easily citable source, since you'll likely have to do a bibliography.

tsquaredam
04-06-08, 03:19 PM
Are recruiting offices open on Sundays?

Idena
04-06-08, 05:49 PM
Are recruiting offices open on Sundays?

I have no idea. Is this paper due tomorrow & you've waited until tonight to write it?

Isrowei
04-06-08, 05:54 PM
All of your questions could be easily answered by brief internet searches. When you do an interview, you should have question ready that a person can answer that might not be easily answered by say... reading the Naval Academy homepage...

If I were sitting for an interview, I'd really rather my time not be wasted by answering questions that you could have far more easily looked up on your own. Usually interviews ask about personal experiences and outlooks. Information that can't be gleaned by scanning a webpage or book. All of your questions are simple facts.

Osotogary
04-06-08, 09:43 PM
tsquaredam,
I don't know how close you are to a Marine Corps Recruiting Office but you might wish to also consider Veteran's Groups, The American Legion, Veterans of Foreign Wars and ,odd as it may seem, your relatives. Perhaps there is a Marine in your family tree.

I do need an interview, not a source.
Remember that sources can lead to interviews.
Without letting us know about yourself (see profile) or when your report is due certainly puts you at a handicap. Let's see now, is Middle School the same as Junior High School? Do your parents know about this report? I'm asking this because if you are set about doing interviews with, for the most part strangers, your parents should know and maybe even be there when the interview(s) take place. (Yes, I'm old school.)
Adios for now. Good luck.
Gary