PDA

View Full Version : I got my 6 month promotion

Whitey
04-06-08, 09:54 AM
Yes, I am now(as of monday last week) a PFC.

CHOPPER7199
04-06-08, 09:58 AM
Congrats Bro

Osotogary
04-06-08, 11:53 AM
Congratulations to you, your efforts and your selection.

davblay
04-06-08, 05:45 PM
Congratulations PFC White! Good to go! :marine:

Semper Fi

Dave

SGT7477
04-06-08, 06:21 PM
Congrats on your promotion, OOHRAH.

Wyoming
04-06-08, 07:53 PM
Yes, I am now(as of monday last week) a PFC.

I just love your PFC avatar - http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images/avatars/pvt.gif (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/member.php?u=45628)

Semper Fidelis and Congrats Brother!!

jinelson
04-06-08, 07:53 PM
Congratualtions Pfc.

Jim

hump_drop
04-06-08, 08:17 PM
You talk about 'getting' your 'six month promotion' like it was a give away, and you were entitled to it.

Change your attitude about things, Devil Dog. If I was your platoon sergeant, and heard you call it a 'six month promotion' I would assign you some EMI to research the Private First Class rank, give me 1000 words on the history and tradition of the rank of Private First Class and 1000 words on the rank of Lance Corporal.

You sound like some of the Army dogs I have met, they all expect to get promotions as if by their mere presence they deserve to be promoted.

scarface007
04-06-08, 08:21 PM
You talk about 'getting' your 'six month promotion' like it was a give away, and you were entitled to it.

Change your attitude about things, Devil Dog. If I was your platoon sergeant, and heard you call it a 'six month promotion' I would assign you some EMI to research the Private First Class rank, give me 1000 words on the history and tradition of the rank of Private First Class and 1000 words on the rank of Lance Corporal.

You sound like some of the Army dogs I have met, they all expect to get promotions as if by their mere presence they deserve to be promoted.
slow down there killer , he's a boot , no need for hazing yet . plus he doesnt really know what a PFC is really for .....PERFECT FOR CLEANING:banana: :banana:

Danman
04-06-08, 08:36 PM
Congrats, Ill be joing those ranks soon.
OOHRAH and congrats on the promotion.

Adam1988
04-07-08, 12:50 AM
I might be a PFC soon

hahaa

ExPISCDI83
04-07-08, 12:55 AM
just think, only 6 more chevrons to go!

yellowwing
04-07-08, 03:20 AM
Congrats PFC White!

sparkie
04-07-08, 07:04 AM
I might be a PFC soon

hahaa
Those were the days,,,LOL.:D

thedrifter
04-07-08, 09:10 AM
Congratulations Marine!

Ellie

bgsuwoody
04-07-08, 01:37 PM
Man it makes me think less than a month until I reach Lance Corporal...where does the time go.

jetdawgg
04-07-08, 01:59 PM
http://www.bucklesofestes.com/images/military/marines/i50E%20Marines%20Emblem%20Top.jpg

Whitey
04-07-08, 08:39 PM

it wasn't meant in that manner. i personally feel i didn't do enough to earn it, i mean just being in 6 months grants a promotion? i just don't feel it was that big of a step in my career.

hump_drop
04-07-08, 09:28 PM
hey killer I didn't mean that your promotion wasn't to be proud of or that it was given to you without any effort.I want you to think about the work you have put in over the last 6 months and all that you have accomplished before you so non-chalantly call it a 6 month promotion. you have to earn all that is given to you, and you did.don't fall into the rut many of your peers are in and start expecting things to come easily to you.start now, get your MCIs done and concentrate on out-doing your team leader or squad leader in PT. make yourself stand out among your peers and you need never worry if you have earned your promotion or not.PM me if you have any questions or need some motivation.excuse any spelling or typo errors, please. I am on my mobile phone and the thumb keyboard is tiny.

hitechluddite
04-07-08, 09:32 PM
Congrats, The challenge is to NEVER miss a promotion period! First time your up, you get it. EVERY TIME! Work for it and it will happen......

scarface007
04-08-08, 09:51 AM
hey killer I didn't mean that your promotion wasn't to be proud of or that it was given to you without any effort.I want you to think about the work you have put in over the last 6 months and all that you have accomplished before you so non-chalantly call it a 6 month promotion. you have to earn all that is given to you, and you did.don't fall into the rut many of your peers are in and start expecting things to come easily to you.start now, get your MCIs done and concentrate on out-doing your team leader or squad leader in PT. make yourself stand out among your peers and you need never worry if you have earned your promotion or not.PM me if you have any questions or need some motivation.excuse any spelling or typo errors, please. I am on my mobile phone and the thumb keyboard is tiny.

yup listen to this guy , you will be a Sgt in no time if you guve it 110% all the time . One main thing is to associate yourself with people that are motivated ,stay away from the $hit bags . I learned that the hard way . Semper-FI brother .