PDA

View Full Version : Recognize this Sergeant?

Osotogary
04-04-08, 09:51 PM
I bet that you all do. R. Lee Ermey plays the part of Drill Instructor Hiles in the movie "The Frighteners" released in July 1996. I was surprised as h*ll to see R. Lee Ermey in this movie. I sure didn't expect to see him in this "flick". Here's a summary.

The Frighteners is an excellent horror-comedy-drama in which Michael J. Fox plays ex-architect and now psychic scamster Frank Bannister. The film revolves around the premise that Frank, after being involved in an accident which resulted in the death of his wife, can now see disembodied spirits and runs a scam in which the ghouls haunt houses under the order of Frank and then he 'exorcises' them for a fee. However, a series of murders begin in Frank's town and it becomes achingly clear that these murders have something to do with his wife's death. The romantic involvement comes in the form of Trini Alvarado (Little Women) who plays a doctor who's husband was killed by the evil forces at work. This film achieves many things, it manages to create a comic atmosphere at times whilst being able to make us feel real sympathy for the character of Frank and his tragic circumstances. This is a truly under-rated film and it is well worth watching.

I have attached some images from the movie. Enjoy.

Osotogary
04-04-08, 09:55 PM
Enjoy.