PDA

View Full Version : I did something stupid

ethanphoto
04-04-08, 11:23 AM
I got a ticket yesterday for driving without a license and i am supposed to ship on sunday. I am not able to get ahold of my recruiters to let them know. Does anyone have any idea what will happen? will my ship date be moved back? I have done some stupid things but this was really stupid.(first involvement with the law). I also need to be able to get a security clearance of secret for my MOS (forward observer) anyone think this will effect that?

very concerned poolee,

Ethan

Jonny Destroyer
04-04-08, 11:29 AM
Thats definately going to affect your ship date, buddy. If you can just pay a fine, I'd say do it right away, but if you have to appear in court...yeah...you're probably gonna get pushed back. Keep trying to get ahold of your recruiter...leave messages...this needs to be addressed ASAP. As far as the security clearance goes...I dont -think- that will affect it, but I couldnt tell you for certain.

Good luck
-CPL Maines:usmc:

jrhd97
04-04-08, 11:29 AM
Not good. Try calling the recruiting station that is over the one you signed at. If no answer call the Marine office at MEPS. Keep going up the chain, don't jump one unless you can't contact them.
When I signed up my recruiter was in Sharon PA but his boss, SNCOIC Top Everheart was in Beaver PA. Everything whent up the chain to him then to MEPS in Pittsburgh.

rvillac2
04-04-08, 11:32 AM
Yeah, stupid is right. <br />
Did you get a gauranteed FO conttract? or is it just 08xx? <br />
<br />
Ask your dad to pay the ticket when it comes in the mail. Or if no mail comes and you have to appear in court,...

SGT7477
04-04-08, 12:26 PM
I got a ticket yesterday for driving without a license and i am supposed to ship on sunday. I am not able to get ahold of my recruiters to let them know. Does anyone have any idea what will happen? will my ship date be moved back? I have done some stupid things but this was really stupid.(first involvement with the law). I also need to be able to get a security clearance of secret for my MOS (forward observer) anyone think this will effect that?

very concerned poolee,

Ethan
You never had a license or did you just forget to have it with you?:flag:

Camper51
04-04-08, 01:29 PM
Or was it suspended/revoked. The entire story would provide a better GUESS for all of us to give you. Your RECRUITER is who you should be talking to as the RECRUITER is the ONLY person who can give you a true and valid answer to your question.

If you only forgot the license then it's no biggie.

If you never had a license, wellllllll figure it out yourself, it ain't small potatoes.

If the license was suspended/revoked then it's a real biggie.

take it from there...

People who come in askin' stupid questions without providing ALL of the pertinent information really need to rethink things...

McSweeney
04-04-08, 01:55 PM
STUUUPPPIDDDDDD!!!!!!

Just call up your recruiter man..

ethanphoto
04-05-08, 01:44 PM
i got in contact with my recruiter. They were out in Astoria doing their once a year war game thing. I never had my licence. Aparently my ship date was not this sunday its a couple weeks from now. I payed the ticket. The recruiter says it should not effect anything but he is going to make sure when he gets back. looks like i dodged a cannonball.

Ethan
P.S. just so you dont get the wrong idea this was only the 3rd time in my life I have talked to a Police Officer. The other 2 times i was not in trouble.

Brandon1
04-05-08, 01:50 PM
So why were you driving without a lisence in the first place? That sounds like a pretty big ticket though.

Seyborg
04-05-08, 01:58 PM
Everyone makes mistakes.

I drove without having my license (yes I was 15).

I love going fast so I did just that and totaled my dad's 2007 saturn ion.

YEAH

Needless to say, I got my ass kicked, had to pay the ticket twice, yes twice, once for the judge and once for my dad. Only a couple months ago, I stopped paying some of my dad's insurance premiums.

LEARN. LEARN. LEARN.

I learned. I was lucky because I live in a small town and the cops knew me cause I had helped them in the past. (they didn't give me a misdeamnor, which it should have) The judge was my girlfriend's (at the time) father. I got a REALLY good deal. I think God meant for me to learn from it.

Ever since, no wrecks, and I drive 5 under.

Good luck. You dodged the cannon ball. BE GOOD.

SGT7477
04-05-08, 02:02 PM
Seyborg it looks to me like you smacked some a_s along the way,lmfao.

Seyborg
04-05-08, 02:13 PM
Sir, I got my ass kicked by a telephone pole. Wrapped my crap all around that. Then my dad kicked my ass.

Sir!

Learned my lesson.

Seyborg
04-05-08, 02:14 PM
Seyborg it looks to me like you smacked some a_s along the way,lmfao.

Excuse this dumb poolee.

I don't get it. lol

Sir!

DGardner
04-05-08, 07:03 PM
The only thing I can say is. LEARN!

You have done this once. so now you don't have to again. Just learn from this and move on.

ethanphoto
04-06-08, 12:39 AM
i was driving without a licence plate because it fell off on the way back home.

Ethan

NeedSomePT
04-06-08, 12:55 AM
So in the firstr post you said license, now it's al icense plate?

Brandon1
04-06-08, 05:40 AM
Alright. We want the truth. the whole truth. and nothing but the truth! Were you driving without a license, or driving without a license PLATE? Remember...WHOLE TRUTH.

SGT7477
04-06-08, 09:24 AM
So what story is it?

jrhd97
04-06-08, 11:07 AM
I did something stupid seems to be a running thread with this boy.

ethanphoto
04-06-08, 09:50 PM
im sorry i should have been more clear. My licence plate fell off while i was riding without a licence. the ticket was $680.

SlingerDun
04-06-08, 09:56 PM
Damn thats expensive. Good thing you weren't drunk or stoned right

ethanphoto
04-06-08, 10:59 PM
I dont smoke, drink, or do drugs and dont plan to start.

Brandon1
04-07-08, 12:26 AM
Thats a good choice. Lets keep it that way shall we?

Covey_Rider
04-07-08, 12:41 AM
It shouldn't affect your security clearence just as long as you are not trying to hide anything. I also got a ticket for speeding and driving without a license before I went to boot camp and I currently hold a security clearence. You should be fine.