PDA

View Full Version : Logistics

TO360
04-03-08, 02:06 PM
I was wondering if any Marine is in, or knows anything about entering Logistics? I was reading through the MOS' and it seemed pretty fun. I'm mainly stuck between Logistics, and something Combat related. I'm going to the recruiter later today, and just trying to get first hand input if possible. Thanks a lot guys.

I'm really open so feel free to suggest your favorite MOS, and why.

Jonny Destroyer
04-03-08, 02:17 PM
I was wondering if any Marine is in, or knows anything about entering Logistics? I was reading through the MOS' and it seemed pretty fun. I'm mainly stuck between Logistics, and something Combat related. I'm going to the recruiter later today, and just trying to get first hand input if possible. Thanks a lot guys.

I'm really open so feel free to suggest your favorite MOS, and why.

I actually just had a good buddy of mine join up to do Logistics.
I just googled it, and actually came up with a good thread off this site:

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46698

What you gotta ask yourself is, what do you REALLY want to accomplish in the Marine Corps? What interests you? And of course, what can you stand doing for at least 4 years? lol

From what I understand, when signing up for logistics, you'll go to boot camp, then go to MCT for about a month, then you'll go to logistics training for about another month, then you'll be in the fleet.

I found it easier (and a hell of a lot more exciting) to become a grunt. Go to boot camp, go to ITB for 2 months, and then hit the fleet! Then go blow **** up! hahahhaha

hope that link helps you out
good luck

-CPL Maines

TO360
04-03-08, 02:47 PM
I know what you mean Jonny, I'm mostly leaning towards becoming a grunt, that's personally the field I feel I'll be best at. We'll see what's open for me, and what not. Thank you once again.

TO360
04-03-08, 03:21 PM
I was also wondering if it were possible to, say, sign for 4 years as a grunt, and then re-enlist under a different MOS that allows me to do College classes while in the Corps.?

Jonny Destroyer
04-03-08, 04:10 PM
I was also wondering if it were possible to, say, sign for 4 years as a grunt, and then re-enlist under a different MOS that allows me to do College classes while in the Corps.?

I dont see why you couldnt! Im sure plenty of Marines do that.