PDA

View Full Version : paging all MPs

scarface007
04-03-08, 11:59 AM
Well I'm looking into reenlisting into the Marine Corp as an MP . I would like to hear from some of the MP members on this forum . I have some questions :

I will be reenlisting as an E-5 i don't know if that matters .

1)What is a normal MP work Schedule ?

2)How many mp are deployed ? ( i was with 2nd tanks and we only deploy 1 PLT at a time which is about 20 marines . )

3)Do you rotate from the gate to corrections to patrolling in the vehicles or is it just one post for 4 years?

4)How often do they have SRT in-docs ? or is this a secondary MOS that must be acquired by reenlisting after 4 years ?

5)what is the SRT
in-doc if there is one ?

6) Is there time for college courses on this job ?

7) What kind of effect does this job have on your wife/Family ( for the married ) ?

8)Were are the SRT units stationed ?

Please guys just answer the questions if you were an MP , thanks .

scarface007
04-03-08, 12:07 PM
thanks in advance . Semper Fi

Zulu 36
04-03-08, 12:35 PM
MPs don't do corrections. That is a separate MOS within the 5800 field. MPs might do POW handling and guarding in a combat zone, but that's a different ball game. <br />
<br />
Schedules depend on the base,...

scarface007
04-03-08, 01:11 PM
Cool . thanks for the reply .

Can you decide wether you are Base PMo or Fleet ? or is that by demand ?

do you think they will send me to Ft Lost-in-tha-woods to train for 5811 or will i OJT since im Motor T 3531.

Artemis
04-03-08, 02:45 PM
You would have to go to MOS school for this. You would be stuck in Ft Lost-in-the-woods for a while and that is not a place that I would want to be stuck.

Zulu 36
04-03-08, 03:24 PM
Like CplNelly said, off to MP school you'd go. As an NCO, you'd probably end up the class leader, and probably not screwed with as much as the newbies.

As far as PMO or fleet, like any other assignment - the needs of the Corps, etc. You can ask, but you know that goes. Most base PMOs are actually understaffed and depend on FAP to fill out many positions.

When I was in the 1stMarDiv MP Company, I asked to go FAP and I was allowed to go since there was an opening available. MP was my secondary MOS, 3531 being my primary. There were a lot of infantry and artillerymen FAP to PMO as well since the division MP company couldn't fill all the slots and still support the division's mission. As it was, probably half of the company was FAP anyway at any given time.

scarface007
04-03-08, 06:15 PM
anyone else have any more input ?