PDA

View Full Version : PBS Frontline: 'Bad Voodoo's War'

thedrifter
04-02-08, 03:48 PM
PBS Frontline: 'Bad Voodoo's War'

Deborah Scranton
Director
Wednesday, April 2, 2008; 11:00 AM

Frontline director Deborah Scranton was online Wednesday, April 2 at 11 a.m. ET to discuss her film "Bad Voodoo's War," which consists of footage shot by a California-based National Guard platoon during their deployment to Iraq.

" Bad Voodoo's War" will air Tuesday, April 1 at 9 p.m. on PBS (check local listings).

The transcript follows.

Scranton started her career in journalism freelancing for ESPN, CBS Sports, ABC Sports, MTV Networks, USA Networks and the Outdoor Life Network. In 2006 she made her feature film directorial debut with "The War Tapes," which won Best Documentary Feature at the Tribeca Film Festival and Best International Documentary at the BritDoc Festival.

Warwick, R.I.: Hi Deborah. I just watched the Frontline show tonight. All I can say right now is "amazing" and "unbelievable." Thank you for bringing this story to us. Is there a way to e-mail these soldiers directly? I have an idea about making their world a bit brighter over there. I was greatly moved by this presentation tonight. Why don't the news channels focus on these stories? Well I guess you and I know the answer to that, don't we! I look forward to hearing from you.

Deborah Scranton: Hi -- thank you very much! Some of the soldiers can be contacted through the following link

www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/badvoodoo/men/

and my email is located at the bottom of this link

www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/badvoodoo/etc/producer.html

Ellie