PDA

View Full Version : The US of A MUST RESIST a call for us to leave Iraq

MillRatUSMC
04-23-03, 05:31 AM
The ****e muslims are calling for the US military to leave Iraq.
If we even decided such a request.
The void might be filled by someone more deadly than Saddam the Insane.
We could have a blood bath bigger than the one in Cambodia.
This has been on my mind since I first saw those banners calling for our leaving Iraq ASAP.
For the sake of all in Iraq, we must not leave till a representive government is in place.
The Kurds up north might decide to break away from Iraq.
Thus pulling in Turkey in a war against those Kurds.
The Sunni's down south might also see no future in Iraq.
The oil is in the areas controlled by the Kurds and Sunni's leaving the ****e's with very little wealth.
There will be a terrible war waged with all these parties.
That might still come about after a representive government is in place.
But we can say we tried our best for the people of Iraq.

Semper Fidelis
Ricardo

wrbones
04-23-03, 05:45 AM
Yep. It could turn into a bigger mess than that, too. This has all of the earmarks of a potential world war. It ain't over yet by a damn sight.

France, Russia, China, Korea and others are all involved both politically and financially in Iraq.

If something goes wrong with almost any scenario you look at, the economy will be greatly affected worldwide as well, in a way that has never been seen before.

Having said all of that, Saddam had to go, and terrorism has to go. If the politicos of nearly half the world don't get it right, this could still turn into a disaster.

The world governments have become to dependent on one another in many ways. The war with Iraq is a relatively small affair, but has negatively impacted markets around the world, some losing as much as 25% or more of their value.

Throw into this mix proven corruption in corporate, government, UN and political affairs, and it's potentially a very volatile mix.

It's very important that Iraq be stabilised with something other than a theocractic or autocratic government of any kind, as soon as possible.

In my opinion, this is all a part of the mess from the Cold War, if indeed the Cold War ever really ended at all.

tommyboy
04-24-03, 04:52 PM
Im crossing my fingers that this doesnt happen. They just love to fight with each other so I think it's going to be unavoidable.

greybeard
04-24-03, 09:23 PM
They seem to like to fight with anobody-themselves if they can't find an outsider to quarrel with. The only up side is--they don't appear to very good at it. All the Arab nations combined have failed several times to defeat a much smaller Israel. Gulf war I was over in a matter of weeks (air campaign included). This time around has gone suprisingly well-so far, but it ain't over till it's over.

mrbsox
04-25-03, 08:19 AM
Has anybody considered the impact that returning 'exiles' will have on the situation?

I can't help but think, that as sensitive as things are, who better to explain 'Democracy', and what we have to offer, than several thousands of those whom have lived here, or elsewhere, for so many years.

Could that influence help tip the scales towards stability?
Could that influence overcome the input from Iran, Syria, ...?

Only time will tell.

Sgt Sostand
04-25-03, 08:44 AM
muslims for my part have no rights

greybeard
04-25-03, 09:46 AM
Now Sgt Sostand, not a good attitude to have. :D
Ya can't force your beliefs on either individuals or a people.
There's always the chance the Iraqis may eventually choose the Islamic fundies through elections. If that happens, then it's not up to us to interfere. The will of the people.