PDA

View Full Version : The Green Weenie strikes again!

Achped
04-01-08, 04:05 PM
Well I was getting sent to Okinawa Japan, now 2 days after they tell me its Camp Hansen, I'm going to K-Bay Hawaii. Needs of the Marine Corps I guess...

As for my friend who thought he was going to Oki and got the girl who's still going to Oki pregnant, but isn't me, he still doesn't know what he's going to do.

yellowwing
04-01-08, 04:47 PM
Lucky SOB! Haven't you seen that lately liberty ain't what it used to be on Okinawa?

ZSKI
04-01-08, 04:59 PM
Ya i rather be in hawaii

bgsuwoody
04-01-08, 07:09 PM
Its better than Jacksonville!

Achped
04-01-08, 08:02 PM
Yeah Im kinda looking forward to it. I just heard that K-Bay gets boring. But...24/7beach access? Its just like home as far as Im concerned.

sparkie
04-01-08, 08:25 PM
Oki was great liberty,,, Till we gave it back to the Japanese. [Pls note, I didn't say Japs] No ban today,,,,,,,

Stalter
04-01-08, 09:07 PM
I would take Hawaii over Oki. Enjoy yourself. And remember things always happen for a reason.

Stalter

OB MSG
04-03-08, 09:00 AM
I got sent to K-Bay from 2000-2002. The libo is great, you need to hit all the beaches. Officers beach is good for snorkeling as well as in the bay itself. You can learn to surf if you want and can go fishing anytime. The golf course on base is beautiful and there was a Single Marine/Sailor Program bragging rights tournament there every quarter.

Waikiki is fun, and you can take trips to the other islands, so have good time. Stay busy, some guys do get Island Fever and want to get to the mainland. If they don't get there they start to B$#@% and moan about it. Tune them out, and enjoy yourself!

Also, you can rent bungalos on either K-Bay or the Airforce base on the other side. Air Force women, enough said.

One thing though, watch out for some of the locals. There are more than a few that will do anything to instigate a fight with you. Best advice, ignore it and walk away.

ItzAlex
04-03-08, 03:22 PM
Hey if u meet Sgt. Gaede (wrecker operator), tell him LCpl. Hu says hi.

1stRad2671
04-03-08, 04:04 PM
Bewares of the mahus.:D

Jonny Destroyer
04-03-08, 04:06 PM
Its better than Jacksonville!

I think Iraq is better than nasty ol J-ville...hahahahhahaha

I bet the women are cleaner overseas. LOL!

montana
04-03-08, 04:10 PM
my granddoughter and her Marine husband are in Hawaii...think he is shiping soon though..another tour i hell

bgsuwoody
04-05-08, 08:43 AM
Oh yeah and remember to be thankful for everyday you're not in Jacksonville lol

FistFu68
04-05-08, 11:32 AM
:evilgrin: REQUEST MAST AND TELL THEM TOO SEND YOU BACK,TOO BOOT CAMP;PARRIS ISLAND.YOU MISSED OUT ON YOU'RE SHARE OF THUMPINS.PLUS HAWAII IS THE HOME OF PUNK'S @ DRUNKS :D :iwo:

RNelson
04-06-08, 02:41 PM
Definatly not the worst place you could be stationed, especially as your first duty station.

Achped
04-06-08, 04:12 PM
At least my friend is good...she's not with child ;)

I'm out of J-Ville next Tuesday, hopefully I will never...ever...be back.