PDA

View Full Version : Bankruptcy

roguenate
04-01-08, 04:43 AM
Will I be able to get a security clearance if I just filed bankruptcy? If not what MOS does not require one?

OB MSG
04-01-08, 08:02 AM
Talk to a recruiter and handle your finances better, the Corps won't take care of them for you.

rvillac2
04-01-08, 10:33 AM
WTF, Over.
Bankruptcy at 21? How'd that happen?

OB MSG
04-01-08, 10:50 AM
Credit cards, dumb decisions, college loans, dumb decisions, umm, I think I'm starting to see a pattern.

rvillac2
04-01-08, 11:32 AM
Credit cards, dumb decisions, college loans, dumb decisions, umm, I think I'm starting to see a pattern.

Can't be college loans, they're too easily deferred. Even credit cards could be put off. Having outstanding/delinquent credit card debt is preferable to filing BK.

Gotta be something more.

OB MSG
04-01-08, 11:43 AM
I just threw something out there off the top of my head, but you're probably right. There has to be more to it. It's like those commercials to help people manage debt: Do you have ten, fifteen, or even twenty thousand dollars of credit card debt? Have you not file taxes for the last ten years? If so, we can help bail you dumb a$$ out!

Give me a break! At 21 I was worried about chasin tail, swillin booze and making sure my GPA was at least passing. Then I went to the Corps, ahh, the Corps.

rvillac2
04-01-08, 12:42 PM
Then I went to the Corps, ahh, the Corps.

Where every meal's a banquet, every paycheck, a fortune.
Semper Fi, SSgt.

jrhd97
04-01-08, 02:04 PM
Poor finances can realy screw up a security clearance.

Big Jim
04-01-08, 02:33 PM
Where every meal's a banquet, every paycheck, a fortune.
Semper Fi, SSgt.

...AND WHERE EVERY FORMATION IS A PARADE!! SEMPER FI...