greensideout
03-31-08, 11:22 PM
Posted: March 31, 2008 <br />
9:47 pm Eastern <br />
© 2008 WorldNetDaily <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
A voluntary program in the state of Idaho for residents to raise funds and work with the maker of Buck brand name knives to...

sdk87to91
04-01-08, 09:41 AM
In the USDA Forest Service we can only accept a gift up to $20 dollars, and no more than $50 in a year from a single entity. I believe that is appropriate since we make some economic, regulatory, and land management decisions. Maybe a General who would authorize a knife contract could be inappropriately influenced but a returning serviceman has little decision making opportunity.

I think this should be revisited and maybe even revised.

ttracker65
04-02-08, 08:07 AM
Comerative Kabars were common when leaveing the Rock for those that served more than 12 months in the FMF and that was in the early eighties. OK Who traded their knife for nookie... this is just nuts!

jrhd97
04-02-08, 08:13 AM
GEEEZ! Another example of people having the loonies. These guys will never part with those knives. Have to give it to Buck Knives for doing this. Always been a good company.

greensideout
04-02-08, 08:25 PM
Buck Knife ban gone, Navy confirms
Veterans allowed to accept recognition from community

Posted: April 01, 2008
9:51 pm Eastern
&#169; 2008 WorldNetDaily

The Navy has reversed itself regarding a voluntary program in Idaho for residents to raise funds and present veterans returning from military duty in Afghanistan and Iraq with engraved knives from Buck Knives, which is headquartered in the area.

WND reported just a day ago that a ruling from Navy officials was preventing the town from honoring its veterans, because the military personnel were not being allowed to accept the Buck knives.

However, a memo from Navy Capt. Michael Kidd today relieved service men and women of that restriction.

He said there is an exception to the ban on the acceptance of such honorariums, and it appears to apply in this case.

foxman
04-02-08, 08:47 PM
Contact Buck Knife Company, I'm sure they will be glad to help. Since The Knife is being made by Buck for Service Men who have served their County with Honor, I am sure the Knife is not For Sale to The General Public. If it was there would be no reason to make this special knife. Just have Buck make a Public Announcement that the Retail value of the knife would be $19.99 if it was for sale on the open market but it isn't therefore The Service Men and Women can accept it with no problems. ( There is more ways than one to kill a cat besides choking it on butter).

mrbsox
04-03-08, 11:43 AM
I have two thooughts, that seem to be missed by those making this decision;

1) What is the 'SPIRIT' of the gift ?? Profit or gratitude ??

2) When was the $20 limit set, and has it been adjusted for inflation ??
If the $20 limit was set in 1950 or some time, then the limit is as outdated as the people making the fkn rules in the first place.