PDA

View Full Version : Will Marine Show Trials End?

thedrifter
03-31-08, 08:37 AM
Will Marine Show Trials End? <br />
<br />
Sunday, March 30, 2008 8:09 PM <br />
<br />
By: Nathaniel R. Helms <br />
<br />
The tarnished image of the Marine Corps continues to darken as more trials, more aquittals and more...

PaulR
04-21-08, 01:19 PM
Another example how the ability for use to do our jobs are more and more interferred with by politicians... Shameful.

OLD_SALT
04-23-08, 08:53 PM
The Dinsmore evidence and testimony proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that claims by Time magazine and Congressman Jack Murtha, that a platoon of Marines went on a rampage in My Lai fashion after one of their fellow Marines, was killed was an out and out fantasy.

To make it worse, Murtha hasn't made apology one to the Corps, and in fact, still sticks to his slanderous accusations..

Big Jim
04-23-08, 09:27 PM
To make it worse, Murtha hasn't made apology one to the Corps, and in fact, still sticks to his slanderous accusations..

Yeah, I wouldn't pizz on Murtha if he was on fire!! Hell with him...don't worry his lies will catch up to him...what comes around goes around...it always has and it always will.

egbutler1
04-24-08, 12:05 AM
What was stupid while i was in Iraq was our ROE's. IT felt like if i did anything i would be going to jail. We did end up killing some civilian but they broke our 100 yard rule (so they where now an enemy). We shot two to the ground two to the hood than two to the driver. Our command got so far up our ass for doing what our ROE's stated to do, we just left out anything that happened like that from that point on. It made Marines feel like they couldn't protect themselves or had to go threw 1 million processes just to fire the weapon. I can understand that crimes are committed for whatever reason. I just don't get how unless someone who was there and ratted on the individual how could they be prosecuted? I'm sorry but I don't care what any Iraqi says a Marine did to him or his community i would take the word of My Marines or any Marine over a dirty iraqi dressed just like our enemy any day. I know for a fact that if the wrong dumb ass POG saw somethings that happened over there some of us probably would get investigated. But we always worked within our ROE's, as strict as they may have been.

PaulR
04-24-08, 05:15 AM
Hell with him...don't worry his lies will catch up to him...what comes around goes around...it always has and it always will.

Exactly!! He will get his soon enough. Carma is funny that way!;)