PDA

View Full Version : Shirts from MEPS

ExplicitReality
03-30-08, 11:44 PM
I'm sure most poolee's got the Red/Yellow Marine shirts from MEPS after signing your contract and going through the physical, I'm wondering is it possible to get another because I didn't think that the shirts would shrink that small and the color is fading quite a bit, or several other poolee's at our recruiting office have different shirts that they received at MEPS. They are blue and red, is it possible to for me to talk to my recruiter to be able to get my hands on one of those?

jungleman4422
03-30-08, 11:53 PM
They are actually blue now 100% polyester. But, ask your recruiter and see if he can get you one.

ExplicitReality
03-30-08, 11:54 PM
yeah.... they are pretty bada**, I want one pretty bad

davblay
03-31-08, 12:00 AM
I'm sure most poolee's got the Red/Yellow Marine shirts from MEPS after signing your contract and going through the physical, I'm wondering is it possible to get another because I didn't think that the shirts would shrink that small and the color is fading quite a bit, or several other poolee's at our recruiting office have different shirts that they received at MEPS. They are blue and red, is it possible to for me to talk to my recruiter to be able to get my hands on one of those?
Next week they are gonna have scarlet and gold shirts, will you want one of those to? Nah, just kidding! Seriously if you have given your recruiter an enlistment or two he may see his way clear of getting you one. I think I'd ask him about it! But go in his office on your knees and beg like the poolee you are!

Good Luck,

Dave

ExplicitReality
03-31-08, 12:02 AM
well thankfully i've given him 1 enlistment and possibly 1 more.

jungleman4422
03-31-08, 12:04 AM
ExplicitReality finally I found someone who is going to the same boot camp as me.

ExplicitReality
03-31-08, 12:06 AM
jungleman4422, thats awesome. It would be funny if we end up in the same platoon...lol, not likely but always a possibilty.

BR34
03-31-08, 06:09 AM
Keep the red shirt. In time it shows your saltiness. My shirt is now 4 sizes too small and hot pink.

kbs95125
03-31-08, 10:28 AM
Those new shirts are some high speed trash.

Keep that thick cotton beefy t and sweat your butt off when you pt with other poolees.

JeredA
03-31-08, 02:29 PM
I never got a shirt from MEPS lol.

JoeInVille
03-31-08, 08:32 PM
Same here, I didnt get a shirt. They give them out at various poolee functions if they dont have any at your recruiting station.

bgsuwoody
03-31-08, 09:27 PM
I'm not gonna lie, I'm a big fan of the ol' green skivvy shirt!

lagrand
04-01-08, 10:26 PM
I never got a shirt from MEPS lol.

It's all good though. You're going to be a Marine. What more could you ask for?

buick233
04-02-08, 12:10 AM
Shoot...the only reason I joined was for the free t-shirt!!

But seriously...what's with the new blue ones? I haven't seen those yet...

Hologram
04-02-08, 12:35 AM

But seriously...what's with the new blue ones? I haven't seen those yet...They're brand new. The Portland MEPS actually went without the red shirts for a while while they were waiting for the blue new ones, so I ended up getting a gray one to "hold me over" until my recruiter got the new blue ones then he gave me one of those. Pretty nice shirts. I tried to find a picture, but I couldn't, so you'll just have to ask your recruiter.

Adam1988
04-02-08, 01:15 AM
the red one just shows you've been there longer, keep it

jungleman4422
04-03-08, 02:43 AM

But seriously...what's with the new blue ones? I haven't seen those yet...

They are running t-shirts that have a red EGA over the left breast and Marines in small text at the base of the neck. If you have a chance to get one get one size smaller than you regularly wear.

Bradly Powell
04-04-08, 08:16 AM
I got a red shirt from MEPS when I enlisted at the age of 17. A week after my birthday. It was to big but now it fits. I wouldn't trade that shirt for a new blue one even if it was life or death for me. That shirt represents the time that I had enlisted. It will be with me till I die.

SGT7477
04-04-08, 09:12 AM
Remember poolees wear all that Marine gear to boot camp.

sawatzke82
04-04-08, 09:27 AM
I actually planed to wear a tuxedo. What do you Think? would the Drill Instructors mind?

SGT7477
04-04-08, 09:34 AM
The only way I would wear that tux if it had a EGA on it.

sawatzke82
04-04-08, 09:38 AM
I'll stick with jeans and a t-shirt. I will not be wearing my poolee shirts though!

SGT7477
04-04-08, 09:55 AM
Boys you are missing the point why not wear them EGA shirts you want to make us Marines happy don't you let's get some brass balls here.

LittleMissStretch
04-04-08, 10:07 AM
No Thanks SGT. I think I'll just wear a plain black tee and jeans

sawatzke82
04-04-08, 10:12 AM
Boys you are missing the point why not wear them EGA shirts you want to make us Marines happy don't you let's get some brass balls here.

Aye Sgt. I'll remember these words on the island....

SGT7477
04-04-08, 12:23 PM
No Thanks SGT. I think I'll just wear a plain black tee and jeans
You don't have balls show these other poolees what you are made of and wear that Marine t-shirt,lol.:flag:

eviltwin
04-04-08, 03:06 PM
wearing my Marine tshirt to bootcamp. not to be a smarta$$, like im sure ill get smoked for, but becuase my recruiter told me i wouldnt do it. im the type say i wont do something and ill do it to prove ya wrong. but hey whats the worste that could happen ill get smoked prolly something fierce but thats gonna happen anyways, i shave my head daily and my recruiter told me thats a nono to show up to bootcamp mr clean style. but its what i do, so o well.

LittleMissStretch
04-04-08, 03:09 PM
lol, Funny SGT. Just Hilarious. Well good luck with that eviltwin

SGT7477
04-04-08, 03:31 PM
wearing my Marine tshirt to bootcamp. not to be a smarta$$, like im sure ill get smoked for, but becuase my recruiter told me i wouldnt do it. im the type say i wont do something and ill do it to prove ya wrong. but hey whats the worste that could happen ill get smoked prolly something fierce but thats gonna happen anyways, i shave my head daily and my recruiter told me thats a nono to show up to bootcamp mr clean style. but its what i do, so o well.
One thing I will tell you straight out don't get smart with me like I been saying wear the shirt and the DI will shake your hand and welcome you to our beloved Corps.:flag:

SGT7477
04-04-08, 03:33 PM
lol, Funny SGT. Just Hilarious. Well good luck with that eviltwin
No problem with the eviltwin he wouldn't be the first poolee I had to set straight, he doesn't have brass balls,lmfao.:evilgrin:

Clark41
04-04-08, 03:37 PM
So what color shirts they give out now?

SGT7477
04-04-08, 03:48 PM
I think it depends on how tough you are, just kidding.

LittleMissStretch
04-04-08, 03:49 PM
They are dark blue. Well SGT since he has no balls he should be in 4th for Boot Camp.

Books
04-04-08, 04:12 PM
It would be hilarious if someone kitted out at the Army/Navy store before going to boot camp, especially if they picked up one of those rediculous baseball caps with the scrambled eggs on the brim. Anyway, I've seen the pooless at my RSS wear all sorts of USMC shirts. Mostly the red ones, but also some green and black ones. I've never seen a blue and red one though.

SGT7477
04-04-08, 04:22 PM
They are dark blue. Well SGT since he has no balls he should be in 4th for Boot Camp.
Now that would be funny.:flag:

LittleMissStretch
04-04-08, 04:32 PM
Yes it would SGT

eviltwin
04-04-08, 04:45 PM
thats not nice, i shouldnt be in the 4th. and about that army/navy comment, i actually heard of someone doing that he was previose service i believe and wore his old company tshirt. not fully sure what happened i caught the story after several ppl passed it down

Adam1988
04-04-08, 07:08 PM
Wear a tuxedo t-shirt

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/TEE_BLZT/7056~Tuxedo-Posters.jpg

cfranco89
04-04-08, 07:55 PM
+1 on the t-shirt tuxedo

eviltwin
04-04-08, 08:00 PM
i wore a tshirt like that to prom, with my camo pants on and work boots. got alot of laffs and really made my gf at the time mad

jungholee90
04-05-08, 03:21 AM
LOL nice t-shirt LCpl.
My red shirt is almost pink now, I still wear them proud! I haven't seen the new shirt yet.

SGT7477
04-05-08, 08:25 AM
LOL nice t-shirt LCpl.
My red shirt is almost pink now, I still wear them proud! I haven't seen the new shirt yet.
Make sure you wear a new one to boot camp the DI's don't like faded out clothing.

jungholee90
04-05-08, 04:20 PM
Haha Sgt., I will be worried if someone really wear that to Recruit Training.

NeedSomePT
04-05-08, 04:22 PM
I don't know what happened to me. The shirt they gave me is the blue sport shirt type, but it the writing isn't red it is white.
At the pool function today I was the only one wearing that shirt.
It's the shirt they gave me though. I remember when he reached into the box full of other blue shirts and gave me that one.

SGT7477
04-05-08, 05:41 PM
I don't know what happened to me. The shirt they gave me is the blue sport shirt type, but it the writing isn't red it is white.
At the pool function today I was the only one wearing that shirt.
It's the shirt they gave me though. I remember when he reached into the box full of other blue shirts and gave me that one.
You are truly gifted that is the one you wear to boot camp.:flag:

NeedSomePT
04-05-08, 07:30 PM
I'd rather wear the Army shirt I can get just from going to their website. ;)

SGT7477
04-05-08, 08:38 PM
Wear the army shirt to boot camp then.

Bradly Powell
04-08-08, 07:53 AM
I'll be going to boot the day I turn 18. And I'll be wearing my enlistment shirt they gave me. The DI will either yell and me and make me do some push ups or he will say welcome aboard. That or he'll give me a nice B-Day gift :cry: . lol

AndyBowman
04-08-08, 07:57 AM
Wear the army shirt to boot camp then.

Aye, Sgt. I will do that! haha.:beer:

rfkosino
04-08-08, 08:20 AM
dont worry guys soon the only thing you'll wear is green on green

rfkosino
04-08-08, 08:29 AM
dont worry you'll never be caught dead in those things when you enter the fleet... so dont even worry about it

jbourne224
05-05-08, 11:35 PM
i got one, but i gave it to my dad, its an XXL haha, anyone going to bootcamp on the 19th of may 08?

shilore
05-05-08, 11:46 PM
dont worry guys soon the only thing you'll wear is green on green

motivate! Gotta love the green... And soon enough you'll want nothing to do with those old shirts, if you are still moto when you graduate, you'll end up with the ones from SOI and school itf your not a grunt. Trust me when I say you'll get plenty of chances to get various moto shirts... Unit rank and other wise... Dont stress the poolee ones...;)

joshtky
05-06-08, 02:43 AM
I swore into the Marine Corps at MEPS last wednesday. I got the navy blue shirt with the EGA on the front and Marines on the back neck. one of the previous posters was right, get a size smaller than you normally wear. i didnt have a choice, just got handed one, it was a L, and its big on me. o well, you dont join for a shirt, you join for the honor of being called a Marine

FRONT:
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f43/josh33_unc/Marines/IMAGE_083.jpg
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f43/josh33_unc/Marines/IMAGE_084.jpg

BACK:

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f43/josh33_unc/Marines/IMAGE_085.jpg
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f43/josh33_unc/Marines/IMAGE_086.jpg

we had our statewide poolee event on April 26th. each group from a diff area had their own custom tshirts to wear while there. about every recruiter complimented our group on our shirts, and said its the truth, and that they all liked it..heres what our group's shirts said:

(you can tell i had just taken mine off and took the pic......from the grass stains and mud on the front of it)

FRONT:
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f43/josh33_unc/Marines/IMAGE_069.jpg
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f43/josh33_unc/Marines/IMAGE_068.jpg

BACK:
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f43/josh33_unc/Marines/IMAGE_067.jpg

SGT7477
05-06-08, 08:42 PM
Man up and grow into the shirt, the Marine Corps builds men.

JeredA
05-06-08, 08:54 PM
Hey joshtky, were you at fort knox if so i was with Paducah. We had the black shirts with Belleau Woods on our shirt that said Nothing Personal, Just Business...we had a ton of compliments on ours also.

joshtky
05-07-08, 01:13 AM
Hey joshtky, were you at fort knox if so i was with Paducah. We had the black shirts with Belleau Woods on our shirt that said Nothing Personal, Just Business...we had a ton of compliments on ours also.

yeah, my group was Evansville. we won tug of war

bonnjanry
05-15-08, 12:59 PM
I got two blue shirts. One has the red Eagles, Globe, and Anchor on the right breast and 'Marines.com' on the upper back in small text. The other shirt is also of the same color and material, except it has a HUGE Eagle, Globe, and Anchor on the back and says 'Marines. The Few. The Proud' in big, bold, white letters. It is bad ass! Can't wait to wear it to the gym. :cool:

joshtky
05-15-08, 01:28 PM
I got two blue shirts. One has the red Eagles, Globe, and Anchor on the right breast and 'Marines.com' on the upper back in small text. The other shirt is also of the same color and material, except it has a HUGE Eagle, Globe, and Anchor on the back and says 'Marines. The Few. The Proud' in big, bold, white letters. It is bad ass! Can't wait to wear it to the gym. :cool:

id like to see a pic of the 2nd one if you dont mind

bonnjanry
05-15-08, 08:03 PM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y104/bonnbonns/usmcdeppershirt.jpg

I know it's a little hard to see, but this is the back of the shirt. The front has a smaller Eagle, Globe, and Anchor and says 'Marines' on the right breast but my camera wasn't able to capture it clearly.

SGT7477
05-16-08, 06:49 AM
I would wear one of the two to boot camp, you know let them know you fit in our Corps.:flag:

Quinbo
05-16-08, 08:23 AM
What are you up too Sergeant?

SGT7477
05-16-08, 08:42 AM
Trying to steer them in the right direction if you know what I mean.

joshtky
05-16-08, 09:46 AM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y104/bonnbonns/usmcdeppershirt.jpg

I know it's a little hard to see, but this is the back of the shirt. The front has a smaller Eagle, Globe, and Anchor and says 'Marines' on the right breast but my camera wasn't able to capture it clearly.

looks good :thumbup:

bonnjanry
05-16-08, 12:57 PM
I would wear one of the two to boot camp, you know let them know you fit in our Corps.:flag:
Aye, sir!

Afollrod08
05-16-08, 09:07 PM
Any Marines out there with a good story about a recruit going to Boot with a Marine shirt on? I always love hearing the "good" storys of Boot. HAHA!

SGT7477
05-16-08, 09:11 PM
What have you heard?

davblay
05-16-08, 09:30 PM
Any Marines out there with a good story about a recruit going to Boot with a Marine shirt on? I always love hearing the "good" storys of Boot. HAHA!
If there's any poolee fool enough to wear a poolee shirt to Boot camp, they deserve whatever the DIs dish out! Those guys, wearing those funny hats, have enough to worry about without some idiot coming on their Depot asking for crap right off the bat. Those DIs have NO sense of humor at all, but you will find that out yourself soon enough! But I will say this much....it will definately make you popular amongst the rest of the guys reporting in! Oh boy will it!

Why not get the EGA and a Bulldog wearing a Smokey Bear hat, tattooed on your chest while you're at it? That will keep their attention the whole time you are there!

Anyone that wears a Poolee T shirt to either Depot, let me know how the first hour goes!

That's my 2 cents,

Dave

Afollrod08
05-16-08, 10:13 PM
I heard from my uncle that one of the recruits that he was with at PI (1980) wore a MARINES shirt and one of the DI's made him take it his coat off and the shirt off (it was Dec.) He was told if he was going to act like a Marine by wearing it then he could act like a Marine by not wearing a shirt at all. The DI said that Marines dont need shirts. haha

I have an old Navy SEAL shirt from my NJROTC days, I'm sure the DI's would get a kick out of that haha.

sskidn
05-18-08, 11:33 PM
When I shipped to boot they didn't say anything about the shirts. Probably about half the idiots I arrived with where wearing them and you take them off and change into some motivation green trousers and a green scivie shirt as soon as they hand you that stuff after you get your amazing new haircut... you wear your civi's for like maybe twenty minutes..

Tiny90
05-18-08, 11:44 PM
ive got 4. two red, one blue one black.