PDA

View Full Version : MEPS Physical

ballin2010
03-29-08, 09:33 PM
Did anyone have trouble doing the 22 manuevers??

Specifically the last one, where you have to tuck your toes under and rise to the standing position from your knees?

LittleMissStretch
03-29-08, 09:45 PM
No, no problems.
It was all pretty easy as long as you payed attention.

JoeInVille
03-29-08, 10:38 PM
It was easy and probably the most boring thing I have ever done.

arkaryu
03-29-08, 10:48 PM
nah. it was all rather simple.

only thing that bothered me was walking across that hard floor on my knees, haha.

KevinR90
03-29-08, 10:49 PM
it was fairly easy- slightly hard to get some of the more difficult ones on the first try- nothing to get yelled at about. Though there was one kid in my group who couldn't do anything right- period. It took him more than 2 or 3 times for each different thing. At the end, when they have you walk at a fast pace to (in my case) the corner of the room, "do not touch the wall", and come back, this kid walks nice and slow to the corner, slams the wall with his entire hand, then walks slowly back. The guy conducting this stuff just said "get at the end of the line". It was the funniest thing ever. About halfway through the exercizes the guy yelled at the kid saying something along the lines of "I'd thank god not to be in your squad, I wouldn't trust you with a rifle". It's harsh- but true. Thank god this kid joined the Army National Guard.

Fun times- i wish there had been something better on TV though- TNT during the daytime sucks.

TSchultz
03-29-08, 11:53 PM
I didn't have a problem with anything but it was pretty humiliating waddling around in a room in my undies:cool:. And yea, the hard floor was killing me. I remember we were just starting and everyone got on the line in their underwear, then another wannabee Air Force guy comes in late and sees us six guys standing near naked on the line. I don't think he knew what to expect when he walked in, his facial expression was priceless.

Ballin2010, did you pass MEPS?

Chaotic
03-30-08, 11:01 AM
I didn't have a problem with anything but it was pretty humiliating waddling around in a room in my undies:cool:. And yea, the hard floor was killing me. I remember we were just starting and everyone got on the line in their underwear, then another wannabee Air Force guy comes in late and sees us six guys standing near naked on the line. I don't think he knew what to expect when he walked in, his facial expression was priceless.

Ballin2010, did you pass MEPS?

The maneuvers were physically easy, but sort of hard to follow. The Doctor administering them had a very heavy cuban accent, so I had to ask for him to repeat things. (I was in Miami). Schultz, I'll never forget the look on the Army kids face when he walked in and saw 26 white guys standing in boxers and underwear. He thought he was in the wrong room. :D

ballin2010
03-30-08, 12:14 PM
No i didnt pass MEPS, because of the manuever, I was told I would need a waiver

JimmehT
03-30-08, 12:35 PM
The only thing I had trouble with was the manuver where you had to do the duck waddle thing, and fall to your knees hitting both knees on the ground at the same time. I kept hitting left knee first for some reason but finally did it right after the 3rd time. W000t, and I had to go back to MEPs to pass my eye test, and that was it, one of the most boring days of my life haha.

McSweeney
03-30-08, 01:26 PM
Did anyone have trouble doing the 22 manuevers??

Specifically the last one, where you have to tuck your toes under and rise to the standing position from your knees?

sir, I am an expert at the duck walk. :banana:

Ub3rmike
03-30-08, 01:34 PM
Don't pull off what I did. When doing the walk on the straight line, one of the navy doctors just bursted in laughter after I went. "Man, Liao, you are one funny guy, I've never seen anyone walk around like that, like you're some kind of nazi." Guess I wasn't paying attention and locked my knees, fortunately I didn't acknowledge any of the MEPS doctors as "Mein fuhrer".

It's pretty boring, but you at least get to talk with the other guys there. People do some pretty stupid stuff though, one of my fellow poolees told me that someone whistled at a National Guard liason, suffice to say he got chewed out.

dtsetzer
03-30-08, 01:37 PM
No problems here, the walking around on my knees did suck though....

ZSKI
03-30-08, 01:48 PM
ah the gay olympics

Zulu 36
03-30-08, 03:56 PM
It was easy and probably the most boring thing I have ever done.

Wait until you're stuck aboard a ship for a few months. You'll redefine bored.

Marine84
03-30-08, 04:23 PM
ah the gay olympics

LMAO!:)

crazymjb
03-30-08, 06:04 PM
That room in Boston MEPS is the only one with windows, and is freezing, at least when I was there. They had us sit there in our skivvies for like an hour before conducting the test.

I didn't have trouble with any of the activities.

Mike

sawatzke82
03-30-08, 06:31 PM
yeah me and the guys I went to MEPS with had the great idea to stay up the night before in the hotel room and B.S. all night and not go to sleep, making MEPS an expiriance I will never forget. The LONGEST day of my life so far. The tests werent that bad though just all the waiting we did.

Smitty Puffs
03-31-08, 09:22 AM
That room in Boston MEPS is the only one with windows, and is freezing, at least when I was there. They had us sit there in our skivvies for like an hour before conducting the test.

I didn't have trouble with any of the activities.

Mike I didnt have to sit in my skivs for an hour but I know what room your talking about. And it was freezing when I was their too.

crazymjb
03-31-08, 04:02 PM
Yeah it was the last playoffs game before the world series IIRC when I was there, so we didn't get much sleep. That and my roomate was a shipper so he was tweakin out the whole night.

Mike