PDA

View Full Version : Updating DD214

egbutler1
03-28-08, 04:41 PM
I got out in 2006 and I didn't get a few awards put on to my dd214 because they were not approved yet (CAR). So my CAR is updated on MOL but i have not recived a cert and it is not on my dd214 because i got out before it was approved. Any ideas on how to correct this issue?

Thank Cpl. Butler 0311

Ken Hendry
03-28-08, 07:26 PM
Send off for your DD215 and ask for updated awards. It can take a year or two but that the only way. I am still waiting for my DD215

S/F
Ken

egbutler1
03-29-08, 10:02 PM
Thanks man, damn it wow! Admin goes so slow after your out, but be sure if you get into the **** while your in you will get your ass processed fast! Semper FI! :iwo:

iamcloudlander
03-29-08, 11:40 PM
Send off for your DD215 and ask for updated awards. It can take a year or two but that the only way. I am still waiting for my DD215

S/F
Ken

what is a DD215? never heard of this one

Native Warrior
03-31-08, 09:23 AM
A DD215 is the official DOD form you use for correction and/or add omitted information on your DD214. Here is the official name of the form: <br />
<br />
CORRECTION TO DD FORM 214, CERTIFICATE OF RELEASE OR...

Cequel
04-28-08, 05:15 PM
I got out in 2006 and I didn't get a few awards put on to my dd214 because they were not approved yet (CAR). So my CAR is updated on MOL but i have not recived a cert and it is not on my dd214 because i got out before it was approved. Any ideas on how to correct this issue?

Thank Cpl. Butler 0311

Are you still in the IRR? You could possibly contact the nearest Reserve Unit or whoever you have locally to keep in touch with... Hopefully it doesn't take a year or more.

bucksgted
04-28-08, 10:47 PM
I left active duty in Feb. 1960. In Dec. 1961, President Kennedy signed an executive order authorizing the AFEM for our little foray to Taiwan in Aug. 1958. I just recently found out about the authorization. Long story short - - I filled out a DD FORM 149 and sent it to DC. In no time flat, I got a response saying "not my job", but they did forward my package to Navy Personnel Command in St. Louis. This all took place in early April of this year. Today in my mail, I received the AFEM along with a DD215 filled out for me and signed by CWO 2 R.M. Dombroski. NOW, that is some rapid response to an old man some 50 years after the fact. Never under estimate the power of a well informed, eager to assist Admin Person. Today, I offer all in contact with my package a crisp "Hand Salute".

Semper Fi,
Ed

crate78
04-29-08, 03:33 PM
Thanks for posting, Ed.

That means I can start looking for mine to come any day, since we applied at about the same time.

Gene

ggyoung
04-29-08, 05:04 PM
I was short one PUC I went to the DAV case worker. I now have it. Received it about 2 years ago.

bucksgted
04-29-08, 10:58 PM
Thanks for posting, Ed.

That means I can start looking for mine to come any day, since we applied at about the same time.

Gene
Gene, let me know when it arrives. The medal isn't that pretty, doesn't mean any more money each month, but it at least validates what we did there - - at least in my pea brain. LMAO

Now, if we could just get our government to acknowledge the missing POW/MIAs that were lost on 1 OCT 1958 wouldn't it be nice!! There have been ambassador to ambassador discussions with China, but nothing offical yet.