PDA

View Full Version : Poolee Challenge- Leadership

MotivatorOfTheGuard
03-28-08, 03:27 PM
Attention all hard charging motivated Marine Corps Poolees.

This is your next challenge that i extend to you.

The backbone of the United States Marine Corps is its leadership. From the very bottom level all the way up. Every Marine is expected to be a leader! Small-unit leadership is going to become a very real reality for many of you if you graduate from the depot! So, here is the challenge.

Every poolee will write a short paragraph (between 5 to 15 sentences long) explaining what they believe leadership is, what makes a good leader, and things they expect from their leaders.

RULES FOR SUBMITTING A POST
-NO FIGHTING/ARGUING
-NO DISRESPECTING MARINES
-NO DISRESPECTING FELLOW PUPS
-USE CORRECT PUNCTUATION/SPELLING/GRAMMAR
-PUT THOUGHT INTO YOUR POST!

FAILURE TO FOLLOW SAID RULES WILL RESULT IN MODERATOR NOTIFICATION. (That Means a Mean Old SSgt Is Going To Bust Heads)

Poolee's Carry Out The Plan Of The Day! Fall Out!

Semper Fi!
:flag:

Seyborg
03-28-08, 03:58 PM
A leader must have a sense of intelligence and that intelligence can be shooting a target from 300 meters away, or solving a complex equation. A leader can, whether it is peaceful or hectic, think on his/her feet to make a decision that is an even compromise between those below him/her and the task at hand. (based on what is most important at the time) Most say that a leader has no room for emotion. This is not true. A leader must be able to balance his emotion in such a way that his/her emotion influences, but does not control his/her decisions. Treat those under you with respect and love, as you would a family. They will return the same. They will save your life. He/she must be able to mask or hide their emotions at times. People are not born leaders! Leaders are born when they serve under another excellent leader. They learn from that person's mistakes and formulate their on personal style. Unbiased leaders make for the best. One of the most important aspects of a leader can be found in failure. One must be ready to accept just that. No one can protect all spectrums of a task. It is important for a leader to fail because failure is a better teacher than success.

Phantom Blooper
03-28-08, 04:00 PM
(That Means a Mean Old SSgt Is Going To Bust Heads)

Must mean SSGT Nelson....because if I was a fairytale character I be the 3 bears in Goldilocks.....Too hot.....Too cool and Just right!:beer: And he's the Big Bad Wolf !He'll huff and he'll puff nd throw your azz out!:beer:

Prove me wrong poolees! Once the other thread got started and weeded out you done well! Do better this time...always room for improvement! Good luck!:evilgrin:

Firefox
03-28-08, 04:11 PM
Leadership is having the moral and ethical standards to make the most difficult decision in the most difficult situation. Leadership is being able to look at the men or women under you and be able to say you would do your best to protect him or her to the best of your ability. Leadership means having the courage to make those difficult decisions and be able to look back and say you were right in making that decision. Leadership means having the intelligence to know that not all orders are meant to be followed even though most are. Leadership means having the Moral courage to make the right decision no matter what whether it costs you your career or not. Most importantly leadership is taking care of the Men and Women under your command to the best of your ability.

Firefox
03-28-08, 04:16 PM
Motivator I have to say you are the Marine I hope to become you motivate the hell out of me. Thank you for making these topics.

Phantom Blooper
03-28-08, 04:19 PM
Leadership means having the intelligence to know that not all orders are meant to be followed even though most are.

ALL orders from a senior to subordinate are meant to be followed unless it is for example an order to annihilate a village of civilian population.

There are a few more examples,but your best bet is to follow ALL orders regardless of how you perceive it for stupidity or validity. If it is an order that violates the UCMJ then you must follow the proper protocol and chain of command.:evilgrin:

Firefox
03-28-08, 04:20 PM
Those instances of violation of UCMJ were what I was talking about SSgt. sorry about the confusion.

crazymjb
03-28-08, 04:48 PM
First and formost a leader must be able to earn the respect of those who are expected to follow him (or her). This relationship must be established based off mutual trust. Equally important is that a leader is capable of leading those who's lives they are entrusted to protect and expend if neccessary. A leader must stay true to his (or her) mission, and must act upon and execute orders both quickly and in accordance with standards of conduct put fourth. A mix of intelligence, morality, honor, courage, and commitment, must be combined appropriately to make a leader capable of doing his (or her) job.

Mike

MotivatorOfTheGuard
03-28-08, 04:49 PM
Motivator I have to say you are the Marine I hope to become you motivate the hell out of me. Thank you for making these topics.

I'm here for you pup. :beer:

bstewar09
03-28-08, 05:40 PM
Two types of leaders exist, leaders that talk and leaders that do. While it is important for a leader to have good communication skills, it is much more important that a leader does what he says he...

SGT7477
03-28-08, 06:49 PM
A leader must have a sense of intelligence and that intelligence can be shooting a target from 300 meters away, or solving a complex equation. A leader can, whether it is peaceful or hectic, think on his/her feet to make a decision that is an even compromise between those below him/her and the task at hand. (based on what is most important at the time) Most say that a leader has no room for emotion. This is not true. A leader must be able to balance his emotion in such a way that his/her emotion influences, but does not control his/her decisions. Treat those under you with respect and love, as you would a family. They will return the same. They will save your life. He/she must be able to mask or hide their emotions at times. People are not born leaders! Leaders are born when they serve under another excellent leader. They learn from that person's mistakes and formulate their on personal style. Unbiased leaders make for the best. One of the most important aspects of a leader can be found in failure. One must be ready to accept just that. No one can protect all spectrums of a task. It is important for a leader to fail because failure is a better teacher than success.
Seyborg I was a leader of Marines our targets could be miles away.:flag:

SGT7477
03-28-08, 06:50 PM
Seyborg I forgot but it looks like I will have to MOLD YOU,lmfao.

Wyoming
03-28-08, 07:11 PM
Remember, a BUNCH of us are watching.

Make us proud!!!

LittleMissStretch
03-28-08, 09:05 PM
Leadership is more than just taking charge of a team. A good leader must be a good follower. A leader is at the service of her team. A leader is willing to do what's best for her team, rather than...

Seyborg
03-28-08, 11:14 PM
Seyborg I was a leader of Marines our targets could be miles away.:flag:

Yes Sir. Didn't mean it as a prequisite sir! Just used it for contrast sir!

Mold me sir, You got the experience!

Seyborg ready for moldage, Sir!

Seyborg :beer:

Phantom Blooper
03-28-08, 11:38 PM
Stay motivated Seyborg.....but quit smacking' that azz!:evilgrin:

Smitty Puffs
03-29-08, 12:10 AM
Leadership is, in my personal opinion, the one trait every man thinks they have but only a select few posess. But leadership is not just simply a trait, it is a combination of character combined into a pure form that gives a man or women the ability to know what is right. Within a true leader exists many things, the focal point of these being integrity, courage, and honor. It requires the ability to be steadfast in the face of the most dire circumstances. When the waves are pushing against you, many men would take the easy route and ride the waves. A true leader finds a way to go against the waves, to fight through the adversary and adapt and overcome.

I had a lot more to write but I know that if I kept going I would end up going over the limit by a LARGE margin.

SGT7477
03-29-08, 07:41 AM
Stay motivated Seyborg.....but quit smacking' that azz!:evilgrin:
Are you saying Seyborg could be a azz kisser?LMFAO:flag:

SGT7477
03-29-08, 07:43 AM
Yes Sir. Didn't mean it as a prequisite sir! Just used it for contrast sir!

Mold me sir, You got the experience!

Seyborg ready for moldage, Sir!

Seyborg :beer:
Damn Seyborg you make me laugh.:)

Phantom Blooper
03-29-08, 07:46 AM
Are you saying Seyborg could be a azz kisser?LMFAO:flag:

Possible or probable...........maybe?:evilgrin:

SGT7477
03-29-08, 07:57 AM
Possible or probable...........maybe?:evilgrin:
Maybe we need pictures before and after boot camp.:evilgrin:

yellowwing
03-29-08, 07:58 AM
Lance Corporal Chris Adlesbruger was a junior Marine that took charge of a nasty fire fight. A fine Marine and Navy Cross winner that was later cut down. A true leader.

Alex Miller90
03-29-08, 11:21 AM
To me, a leader is one who knows what to do, and how to do it and when He/She is in doubt, they are not afraid to ask for another's help. They can achieve great thing by being a leader but they can achieve even greater things by teaching others to lead as well. It is important to be a leader because there is many times in your life where people are going to need a leader and you WILL take command and push through your obsticle.

Ub3rmike
03-29-08, 06:23 PM
Leadership is the ability (or lack thereof) which defines man's ability to manipulate the resources he has to accomplish any objective. A leader must possess impetus, tempered with a certain degree...