PDA

View Full Version : Marine Corps Ball

MixMasterNC
03-27-08, 09:42 PM
:flag: Are Marines that are no longer on Active Duty or Reserve or Retired still allowed to attend the Marine Corps Ball?

Wyoming
03-27-08, 09:50 PM
I have gone to MC Balls in 3 different countries.

Not sure about here in the States.

Just for grins, you might want to Click Here (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/advanced_register.php?do=changestatus) before the flaming starts.

foxman
03-27-08, 10:05 PM
What part of "Once A Marine Always A Marine"is not clear. Go to your nearest Marine Recruiter or Marine Corp HQ, show your DD214 and buy your tickets. I've never heard of a Brother or Sister being told they can't attend.

bucksgted
03-27-08, 10:18 PM
What part of "Once A Marine Always A Marine"is not clear. Go to your nearest Marine Recruiter or Marine Corp HQ, show your DD214 and buy your tickets. I've never heard of a Brother or Sister being told they can't attend.
Buy mini-medals, put them on your tux and have a BALL. Being part of the
1st Civ Div, you can even wear medals awarded by other countries, but not recognized by the DOD. In my case, it would be the ROC Badge of Honor and the ROC/US Mutual Defense Medal.

rvillac2
03-27-08, 11:56 PM
Square yourself away, Corporal, and fill out your profile.

Every unit hosting a ball has always welcomed Veteran Marines to buy tickets to their ball. If we knew where you lived (profile) we could offer some suggestions.

Native Warrior
03-28-08, 07:43 AM
Every Marine Corps League Detachment holds a Birthday Ball and some Reserve units will do their own instead of them going to the nearest installation. You are not only authorized to attend but are expected to continue your comradeire. If you are authorized to wear the Blues that would be the uniform of the day or you may choose a tux or regular suit and tie. If you join a local Marine Corps League Detachment the uniform is the red blazer and black trousers with white shirt.