PDA

View Full Version : Ex-Marine Josh Gracin Discouraged by Politics

thedrifter
03-27-08, 10:51 AM
Ex-Marine Josh Gracin Discouraged by Politics

March 26, 2008 - Change has become a key word in the current presidential campaign, but no matter how much the candidates do to make a difference, they have yet to impress 27-year-old Josh Gracin.

Before he ever made his first hit, Josh came to prominence on "American Idol" while he was still a member of the Marines. He was willing to serve on behalf of his country, but he remains less than enthusiastic about the nation's leaders. As a result, he admits that he's never voted.

"I can't," he told the national radio show GAC Nights: Live From Nashville. "Regardless if I'm a Republican or Democrat or whatever, you're voting for the lesser of two evils, and I've got a problem with that. I really do."

Josh isn't 35, so he can't run for office, but when he reaches that age, he just might do it. He insists this isn't a case of letting his position as an artist going to his head, but a concern for what's happening to the country he used to represent. It seems as if Josh is particularly bothered by the inequities between the ruling class and the workers.

"I've been involved in politics since I was 13 years old," he said. "I followed it because my mom was so into it. And my dad was a huge union auto worker, so I've got both sides of it, you know? And I've lived both sides of it. I've lived... day-to-day, paycheck-to-paycheck, and now I'm living on the other side of the coin, so I see both issues, and I'm walking somewhere in the middle."

If he does indeed go into politics, Josh promises "They're gonna have somebody to worry about." In the meantime, they've got somebody to listen to: Josh's sophomore album, We Weren't Crazy, will be released April 1.

Ellie